Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Orbiting Kerbin in the Panoptican. Was supposed to become the commander of my Interstellar R&D facility on the Mun and was taking the control centre over but I didn't pack enough fuel to make the trip, didn't pack any parachutes for the return journey either.

I'll rescue him, eventually...

Jebediah is currently at KSC after completing his first spaceflight. After achieving orbit, he made an unplanned trip to Mun orbit. The Mun subsequently flung him on an escape orbit with extremely little fuel left, which he narrowly managed to escape by burning into a very-high-apoapsis orbit. Instead of staying stuck there, he managed to get a gravity assist from the Mun, putting him on a 2 kilometre-per-second collision course with Kerbin almost vertically. He managed to slow down and land safely, bringing back 125 points of science.

Jeb is currently orbiting Duna, where he is waiting for landing orders. Too bad his lander's heat shield ejected earlier than supposed, so it's pretty much like a suicide mission. But we all know that he likes suicide missions!

Just made it back from his 3rd Minmus mission (1 Landing), and 2nd Mun landing. He lost a goo container on the way back (barely clipped the terrain), but other than that he hasn't had much trouble since he had to switch ships mid orbit due to power failure. Preparing to go to Duna with a little more research.

My jeb was the first Kerbal in orbit and the first kerbal on the Mun. After that he gave some other astronauts opportunity to go to Minmus. At the moment he spends his days in the Space Plane Hangar designing and flying prototype planes around Kerbin.

I don't much like Jeb. At the moment mine is sitting in the astronaut HQ, irritating me by being the default choice of kerbonaut for all missions. I keep meaning to pack him and his fellow orange shirts into a truck and leave them parked somewhere remote.

My Jeb was the first Kerbal on the Mun, in what turned out to be a miraculous success of a mission. And by miraculous, I mean I ran out of electric charge halfway through my final descent and ended up putting the lander down sideways, just barely rolling over so as to not obstruct the hatch.

rU8E2N5.png

Our top engineers immediately got to work designing the rescue mission, which ended up being not as miraculous because everything went perfectly and nobody almost died. Bill quickly zoomed to Jeb's aid in a craft with lots of extra batteries (courtesy of a recent scientific breakthrough), landed nearby, did some science, and the both of them safely returned to Kerbin.

In the astronaut complex, playing Human Space Program (See : Long Term Laythe by Brotoro) with some trainees, because mission control (me) decided not to risk him on more test flights. Not for now, at least.

He is currently having his own personal time while Bob and Bill take care of missions. Jeb bravely took 5 missions straight into his own hands and is also currently helping design a VTOL plane and only using lander-grade landing gear. The awesome Kerbal as he is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.