Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

***UPDATE***

After 9 years stranded in space, Jeb is home! :)

Intrepid Kerbal Bill Kerman, the first Kerbal to (crash)land on the Mun, was sitting in his Goliath rocket in Kerbin orbit, preparing to rescue his would-be rescuers from the moon (they ran out of fuel during the first attempt to rescue Bill), when he heard that there were no plans to rescue his pal Jeb from solar orbit in the vicinity of Eve. So he cancelled his upcoming TMI burn maneuver and instead plotted a slingshot to the inner system. After a 3 year chase, Jeb exhausted his remaining RCS fuel and rendezvoused with the Goliath stack. Since his Monkeylauncher 'Kspam Kan' capsule was not fitted with a docking port, he had to spacewalk across to join Bill in his capsule, and they lit out for home. Jeb was in too much of a hurry to get home to plot a landing, and they splashed down in the middle of the southern ocean. Recovery vessels are now on route.

Image: A happy day for Jeb

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://s6.postimg.org/ca94lvjs1/Jeb_Rescue_2.jpg' alt='Jeb_Rescue_2.jpg'> screencast

Jeb is safely orbiting Kerbin in an orbit that no other ship is currently using. Tricked him into the capsule with a promise of deep space exploration and EVA on Eeloo. Once safely locked in the launch to orbit somehow never quite made the rendezvous with the right delivery vehicle nor ever lined up with the right transit window. I think he is still believes its going to happen.

I was building the Mir, After sending the core up, I sent the Kvant 1 module. Which holds one kerbal, plus it doesn't have a IVA or eva hatch, No way of telling if theres a kerbal in there.

I few minutes before launch, Jeb went inside it without me knowing, I only found out when I was about to fly a plane, I realize Jeb wasn't available........

Had to sent a Rocket and install crew manifest to get him back.

"Jebediah was a Kerbal,

Was a good friend of mine,

Never understood a single word he said,

but I helped him a drink his wine.

And he always had some mighty fine wine!"

Well Jebediah crashed in his space suit flying 53m/s into the rim of a crater within the Farside Crater. He had been waiting a couple of days for rescue and didn't want to walk 10Km so he elected to fly using his manuvering pack. As he would have run out of fuel at the 6 or 7 km mark going a survivable speed, he elected to exceed his suit tolerences. It was not his smartest move. His accelerated clone made a later mission to the Polar Crater and returned unscathed. He is currently standing in reserve for a potential rescue mission in case Bill and Bob have trouble at Gilly.

Sandbox: On Eeloo with Bill in a severely damaged lander awaiting the next launch window back home, blissfully unaware that the dV left in the lander will be cutting it really close. At least the landing legs all broke off, so that helps.

Career: On his way to Duna, Eve and their moons to gather science so i can build him an even bigger, faster and explodier rocket.

I put the big three in orbit to keep them safe. They're in my new space station, awaiting the building of my first starship, even though it'll probably just end up orbiting Jool, as most things tend to do when I put them out in space.

Orbiting Kerbin. No, not in a station. Or in a lander. Or in any kind of spacecraft. He's out there, alone, only with his spacesuit and a third of his RCS fuel.

His space station Ilmarinen was destroyed after collision with a large jettisoned fuel tank while on EVA. His only company Bob was killed in the explosion, and Jeb is stranded in the middle of a debris field high above Kerbin

Soon I'll be sending a rescue craft, Ahti II, with Bill on board (who has saved Jebediah several times). Ahti II will be armed with a remote-controlled unit with a cluster of small rockets, the purpose of which will be clearing the debris field for safe rescue.

Upon debriefing and collecting all that science his green skull is holding within, he will be reassigned for Münar missions, and ultimately to a permanent Mün base.

Currently at KSC, hiding from the scientists who have just invented Ion engines. He won't be needed for any missions for a little while, since the current project involves dispatching a lot of automated tankers. We'll have to go and convince him that the scientists are NOT witches and wizards, and that he has important work to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.