Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

My Jeb was sent out on the first mission to Jool. He handed his craft on Laythe, and Bop, and flew by vall and tylo His craft has racked up a tremendous amount of science but it doesn't have quite enough gas to get home. I've been letting it sit in a solar orbit, and every time it can encounter Jool I try to make it slingshot me closer to kerbin. So far I'm not there yet, but I at least got a Duna flyby.

Still aerobraking around Kerbin, out of fuel.

Same here. My Jeb is currently in a nasty 60*5000km orbit around Kerbin after returning from Duna and running out of fuel.

He's been in his Mk1 lander for over 700 days now, and he will be there for a good deal more until his orbit decays enough for him to de-orbit.

Edit: Slowly but surely his orbit decays. Currently at 57*2500

Edited by Tex_NL

My Jeb is stuck in LKO, just couple of meters from his capsule :( He can't get back, because every time i try to grab the ladder he enters rag-doll mode and is pushed away. Now he's running low on jetpack fuel, so i started planning rescue mission.

My Jeb is stuck in LKO, just couple of meters from his capsule :( He can't get back, because every time i try to grab the ladder he enters rag-doll mode and is pushed away. Now he's running low on jetpack fuel, so i started planning rescue mission.

Try switching camera views with [V]. Your EVA Kerbal orientates himself with your camera. A different view might align him better enabling him to grab the ladder.

He, uh... He was going to go to the Mun, but I overshot a little and now he's orbiting the Sun with an aopasis equal to that of Kerbin and a periapsis of about 5 million meters. I EVA'ed him when his ship (Slightly modified Kerbal X) ran out of fuel. I time warped to see how long it would take him to hit a planet, but he's been up there for 263 days and still happy as ever.

PS: When he started orbiting the Sun I made no rescue attempt, I immediately started trying to launch him into the sun.

After 3 suborbital flights, 5 orbital flights and a hell of a lot of accidents with SRB's, lack of control over the rocket and crashing to sea and mountains in incredible ways... He's alive (for now).

Preparing for a mission to the Mün (only transfer) as a first phase before going in orbit and landing.

Jebediah(making some tests with the new equipment)

I guess youve never looked close at jebbadiah kerman during close explosions. He has a secret fear of explosions. Any who, Jebbadiah is currently sitting back at the Astonaut Complex with the other 6 Kerbonauts discussing their missions. Jeb seems like the bane of mine if I put him on a flight it is never successful.

Which one? ;)

First died in the Demo.

Second is in orbit.

Third is safe on Kerbin after two successful missions.

Fourth is stuck in Munar orbit.

Fifth is in LKO, frozen and dead, forever orbiting 190kms above his home.

Sixth, Seventh and Eighth are back safe on Kerbin after countless successful missions.

Ninth is stuck on Duna.

Tenth just landed a simple, start-part rocket on top of the VAB.

Sandbox save: Testing the new Crew Transport System (a multifunctional rocket system for getting up to 7 Kerbals anywhere in the Kerbin system).

Career save: Aboard the Grasshopper 4 in LKO, waiting for transfer to the Mun (and hopefully landing and return, it's a big rocket for a small pod^^)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.