Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

• 2 months later...

I have multiple savefiles, so let's see...

Dead, dead, retrograde Eeloo intercept, broken lander in Kerbin's Grasslands, dead, protesting how robots are taking his job, broken airplane cockpit on Minnmus, dead, and trapped underneath a Duna rover.

I have a lot of savefiles.

Edited by Confused Scientist

Um... in my sandbox I have lost all contact with anything remotely resembling an orange jumpsuit.  ...and frankly, I've grown accustomed to not actually asking their names anymore for fear of becoming attached.

Jeb got out to float in the orbit of Eve, and I forgot that he was there. So I 'rescued' him by putting him back in the craft, and now I'm too lazy to send him back to Kerbin. So he's just sitting in the craft. Imagine what sitting for years at a time must do to a man!

Project Intrepid Jeb: Aboard the ITV-009 "Intrepid" coming back from a Duna mission. He launched about a year ago, actually. I really need to continue that mission report.

Voyage: The Final Warning Jeb: Aboard the "VOYAGER" transferring to Pol (in the story he's still orbiting Vall, but gameplay progresses faster than writing).

Solid Booster Grand Tour Jeb: Dead after a solid rocket Eve ascent vehicle test. After I have all of the craft designed, I'll start over with everyone alive and no debris around to actually do the grand tour.

My Jeb is in the doghouse.  He's out of fuel, orbiting Mun and I think I'll leave him there until he learns his lesson.

He blew a full 1/3 of my budget on some hair brained idea to accomplish several Munar tasks at once.  Two kerbalnauts are stranded in prograde, elliptical Munar orbits, a flag must be planted, and Munar science must be one.  Jeb here has the bright idea to build the mother of all lander/orbiter combos to "get it all done in one trip".   The only compartment he has access to that can hold the two rescuees is a huge hitchhiker module, add in enough fuel for that mass and all the accoutrements, and I ended up shelling out 120,000  kerbal bucks to get that 24 ton mess into oribit in one shot and then to the Mun.  Then good 'ol Jeb here decides to not fully throttle down the engine on the way to the mun, leaving it gaining momentum and consuming fuel, so what was left was used in a white-knuckle bid to slow that monstrosity into a prograde Munar orbit.

Well, to be honest he's been jumping into every prototype craft possible in my sandbox save :P I rarely play Career Mode (If I did it would be a heavily modified funds based save) and so the only missions anyone goes on are simple LKO and back tests for lifters or testing out toroidal space station hinges. Though this might change sometime... :wink:

Orbiting Kerbin waiting for me to send up the interplanetary stage of his Duna lander, yet I refuse to upgrade the VAB so the interplanetary stage is being more difficult then it was intended to be.

Edited by Gezzabeast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.