[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

In the HullCamera module for the SciCam add in "picdatval = 3.5" Tweak the number around a little until you get the results you want. Also make sure that you arnt taking pictures of nothing, As a picture of say the space center(or a anomaly) should raise the transmission size.

Seems either a recent L-Tech update or KSP 0.24.2 or some combination of both have broken this again. But it was still fixed playing around with the picdatval property to return to proper 70mit transmission size (for "normal" pictures of nothing special)

@PART[hc_scicam]{
@MODULE[HullCamera]
{
picdatval = 70.3
}
}

Seems to have something to do with Skylab, even through i don't have it in my spacecraft.

EDIT: Sorry, Skylab actually gave me problems BEFORE, such as clicking on the load save button not giving me the GUI,.

Reinstalling solved it that time, but not on this one.

When I can reproduce the same errors you get, Ill be able to fix it.

I'm not sure if this is by design, or is just my install but the Radiation sensor doesn't seem to have any 'diminishing returns' - I've been able to get high 30 science readings from the same biome more than once on different visits which gets quite unbalanced quite quickly. Is it supposed to be doing that, or have I just got a clash between mods somewhere.

Does it happen with other science devices from the mod? Last I checked the Radiation sensor shouldn't work like that. Could be a mod conflict, If it is Ill have to rename my experiment for compatibility.

i encountered this every time using ksp 0.24.2 32bit

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LTScience.ConfigWindow.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Mind telling me what you are doing to cause this? I booted up KSP 32-bit and was able to load a craft and use the SkyLab.

Any word on "official" .24.2 compatibility? :P

Ill have a update dedicated to fixing the mod up for 0.24.2 posted after I finish testing all the stuff.

Seems either a recent L-Tech update or KSP 0.24.2 or some combination of both have broken this again. But it was still fixed playing around with the picdatval property to return to proper 70mit transmission size (for "normal" pictures of nothing special)

Well seems adding the configurable data size was a good idea. Ill update the cameras that come with LTech when I finish the next version for my mod.

encountered this every time using ksp 0.24.2 32bit

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LTScience.ConfigWindow.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

i'am not doing anything just loading ksp i get this errors and a lot others pointing to L-Tech button too ill post my outputlog latter this day i didn't even get to unlocking skylab in tech tree

here is the output log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj2aunse2ecasrq/KSP%200.24.2%20X32%20Output.rar

Edited by dtoxic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

E0SOFPg.jpg

Happens when I use the "Snap Picture" action via an action group. I assigned it while in flight using Action Groups Extended, since that lets me take a photo instantly without having to wait for signal delay when I use the right-click menu. However when I use the right-click menu I get the proper "This picture is amazing!" message and from that point on clicking the action via AGX also produces the right message. Gotta admit I did transmit that data home just once :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The creator has been off the forums for about two and a half months so possibly.

If I read his license correctly, It looks like his license may allow for others to make modifications and redistribute them?

You can use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software as long that you let the people know who the original creator is and publish it with the same license.

Doesn't work, even with a clean install

The basic science parts (camera, radio receiver, and such) seems to be working fine. What I am not sure of is the space station stuff. Have yet to rigorously test it.

I am not much use for modding, but I would love to see this pack updated and maybe even expanded a little. It still offers total unique parts not found in DMagic or Station Science.

• 5 weeks later...

It seems to work, but is rough in places. The KSP log shows some errors, but I have no idea what they mean. I think something must have been changed between the last update of this mod, and the current version of KSP.

The cameras generate science, though I think one of the options relates to making screenshots from some other mod, which I don't have.

The radiation detector and the radio receiver both generate science as well. I think the radio receiver is supposed to extend an aerial, but this doesn't work correctly, because it's looking for a model that KSP moved.

The lab seems to generate scientific reports properly, but I think there might be some error with the GUI - it doesn't quite look right, although you can press buttons and get science from it alright.

It mentions an aerobrake in the original post, but I didn't see it ingame, and I saw some errors in KSP's log for it.

I think someone with knowledge of the current version of KSP might be able to update it without too much difficulty, if it's just a case of updating where it looks for Squad's models.

• 2 weeks later...