[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

9 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

@Olympic1: Based on @Gaiiden's info above, I fixed the dodgy nodes in the following .zip:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22571912/LTech_v2.25_fixed.7z

You're welcome to roll it into whatever you're doing already - like it's all that difficult. ;) (of course, that assumes you're still interested in doing anything with this mod - it's quite likely you've got your hands full with SpaceDock at the moment :) )

-----

Everyone else: I've been playing with this in 1.05, and it seems to be working perfectly fine with what I've fiddled with. Specifically, that one thing that I love, the cameras. In fact, first time I zipped the above archive, I accidentally zipped up my 30+ screenshots I made since I started playing 1.05 yesterday. Oops. >_>

I didn't had much time since I updated the mod for 0.90 because of exams, went to college, exams, health issues, student jobs. When I finally got around all those thing, KerbalStuff shut down and I helped with SpaceDock.

But now I have enough time to spend on this update. I already fixed some minor bugs in the code and added support for the stock toolbar. I'm now cleaning it up and then I'll begin at the configs and testing. It should be ready for the weekend.

I also just read the news of 1.1 QA so I hope I'll still have time when 1.1 comes out in 2-3 weeks (according to the dev post).

Edited by Olympic1
typo

@Olympic1 Might I suggest a brand new release thread by you, when you release the update?... Continuing with this original thread will be misleading to people, who see the [0.24.0] in the title, and nobody will realise all the work you've done to update and re-release the mod for 1.0.5/1.1...

6 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@Olympic1 Might I suggest a brand new release thread by you, when you release the update?... Continuing with this original thread will be misleading to people, who see the [0.24.0] in the title, and nobody will realise all the work you've done to update and re-release the mod for 1.0.5/1.1...

That was my plan

Oh, I forgot to mention that my internship starts on the 21th of March, so I'll only have some time in the weekends to work on this mods and some other stuff.

I'm under a NDA but it's an awesome internship.

Edited by Olympic1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have this compiled and kind of working, but it isn't giving out any science yet.  Please let me know if you (or anyone) would be interested in this

I wouldn't mind seeing this one working again.

• 2 weeks later...

First off all: Sorry for the absence for a 1.x update, I had an internship for 3 months and after that I got a job, so I was very busy and I thank @linuxgurugamer for making a 1.1.3 release.

But now that I'm officially back, @linuxgurugamer and I joined forces to continue updating this mod for KSP. So I took my computer and began completely rewriting the code and this is the outcome:

An update for KSP 1.2 pre!

Spoiler

Changelog v4.0:

• Updated for KSP 1.2 pre
  • New folder structure
  • Updated from KAS to KIS
  • Update cfg's
    • Updated mass
    • Used 4 man internal to prevent errors
    • Added 1.2 modules
    • Added bulkheadProfiles
    • Added tags
  •  Complete rewrite of code
    • Merged LtToolbar into LtScience
    • Dropped Toolbar dependency
    • Ability to switch between Blizzy and Stock Toolbar
    • Hovering over options shows tooltips
    • Better logging
    • Cameras take screenshots faster
    • Screenshots now save in Screenshots folder
    • Ability to hide UI on screenshot
    • Ability to save screenshots as png or jpg
    • Prep for Life Support options

Known Bugs:

• Skylab experiments overwrite each other.   I tried to fix this with some code from @DMagic's Orbital Science to check for duplicate exp, but that didn't work.

Downloads:

Edited by Olympic1
Added to CKAN

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, metalpoetza said:

Sadly, the 1.2 build seems to have the issue with the skylab not generating insight again:

http://imgur.com/gallery/L5gCH

Since this was apparently a bug before, it may well be one again - so I'm reporting it.

It just needed a recompile because of all the new KSP pre-builds.

You can download the .dll here: https://github.com/Olympic1/L-Tech/blob/develop/GameData/LTech/Plugins/LtScience.dll?raw=true

Just replace the old one with this, and you'll be good to go. :D

Edited by Olympic1

12 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

It just needed a recompile because of all the new KSP pre-builds.

You can download the .dll here: https://github.com/Olympic1/L-Tech/blob/develop/GameData/LTech/Plugins/LtScience.dll?raw=true

Just replace the old one with this, and you'll be good to go. :D

Sorry, I dropped your updated DLL in the folder, and the problem persists.

Update: Looks like this one has too few solar panels. The lab is drawing more power than the panels can provide. Let me dock a new section with some gigantors and verify if that may not be causing the problem now.

Edited by metalpoetza