[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

I have some suggestions for you.

Right now, you can bring one sience result home for each sensor, right? Same with camera from this mod.

How about implementing Camera film?

Camera sensor shoudl have limited number slots for photos. You made ****ty photo woyhout any scientific value? Well to bad, now its 9/10.

But i want to transmit science, not bring it along with me home! Well, how can you transmit it without taking this picture first? (well in fact it can be done byut kerbal still havent figured it out).

SO, it will have cons and pros for player:

pros:

- You cant take home more science results than standard one - it depends of your camera film size.

cons

- If you are unlucky/unskilled you can fill your whole film without gaining science

For transitting pictures home, some filter coudl be implemented, adding distorsions and making pictures black and white.

And it woudl be cool if player woudl be able to watch pictures in science center, ingame.

Yea boss, I think my resolution was all the way up when I took the shot. That's was probably causing it. And it does crash sometimes also now that I've tested it more. The resolution slider determines the size of the output jpeg then?

Yea boss, I think my resolution was all the way up when I took the shot. That's was probably causing it. And it does crash sometimes also now that I've tested it more. The resolution slider determines the size of the output jpeg then?

The resolution controls the amount of super sampling used when generating the screenshot. Higher resolution means a smoother image so its a trade off thing.

The resolution controls the amount of super sampling used when generating the screenshot. Higher resolution means a smoother image so its a trade off thing.

I just experienced the same thing, set resolution to 15 and took RL shot, and *smack*! lol. I'll stop doing that!

Yea I'm with you on this.

I answered this already but its easier just to recap.

The feature that knows what your looking at only takes anomalies in to account. Feel free to suggest anything else I should look for.

hello everybody

i have a problem with skylab. I put a complete skylab station in orbit but when i want to start experiments that's say i need model rockets or microgravity clipboards but i don't know how to produce it. I probably do something wrong but i don't know what.

(sorry for my bad english it's not my first language)

When you build your Skylab, righ click on the skylab. You can tweak the amount of CP and MR on their status bar. :wink: Same with the supply unit. I had this bad surprise too when I launched my first Skylab, no clipboard, no model rocket... Was a bit disappointed.

Hope that helps!

When you build your Skylab, righ click on the skylab. You can tweak the amount of CP and MR on their status bar. :wink: Same with the supply unit. I had this bad surprise too when I launched my first Skylab, no clipboard, no model rocket... Was a bit disappointed.

Hope that helps!

wonderful, it works. so now i must to send a new skylab station :mad:

thank you very much

no need to launch a new station, just send a supply probe (Hope you have docking ports ^^') you can find the supply part in the science modules it looks like the 1m flat drone core.

Problem, the supply part looks exactly like the inline science experiment storage system what is kind of annoying when you make the mistake like I did

"Ah ah! Time to stock my science reports! Crossed you damn 0.23 science nerf!... What the... Why can't I store my science reports in... Oh my..." /facepalm. Sadly Minmus was a bit too far to swap XD

So If the supply part could have a the same shape/hitbox but looked different that would be great (will make a screeshot to makes the problem more obvious since I'm not sure I'm accurate enough/my english is good enough)

I hate to suggest this, but it works for many other mods. Label the parts with text, the way many life support mods label parts "o2", "water" or "food". Although it sounds overly simple, it seems the most effective way to avoid the described mistake.

Well, since you made the hardest work (send this in orbit, you just have to raise the altitude to 500km (for example, it's above 480km so no time warp problem). Using a probe tug to send the different parts at different altitudes so you will be able to resupply your space lab :) The most challenging was for me to send the science station parts into orbit. Dear god, thoses parts are so heavy :confused:

Anyway, good luck! :D

Writing the name of container on it... Hmm not that needed. I don't like this a big part with "FOOD" written on it is quite meh. A symbol could be ok but just a skin different than the probe core would be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing other games like StarBound so a lot of my free time has been sucked away from working on this mod. So I decided to release the latest changes,

for you guys to play with. I Also Redesigned the First post to look nicer.

I didn't do much testing with this one, so if you guys encounter any issues or bugs post them

so I can quickly fix them. *If possible.

Update News:

*When Updating from a older version. Completly Delete the L-Tech Folder from your KSP Save and remove any Parts in your saves for best compatibility.

V2.0

-Redid The forum post.

-Included more Models.

-Added Experimental Airbrake Tech.

-Bunch of compatibility breaking changes to part names.

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I've got clipboards and models, but once I got to 100% Insight I'm told that I've run out of insight storage. I don't have any options to do any experiments (and never did). What'd I miss?

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I've got clipboards and models, but once I got to 100% Insight I'm told that I've run out of insight storage. I don't have any options to do any experiments (and never did). What'd I miss?

I am having the same issue. I have tried adding all the parts from this mod to the same vessel thinking I missed something, but still nothing.:huh:

V2.01 **The Hotfix Update!

*Fixes a problem with the skylabs experiments not being runnable.

Remember when I said a didn't test that much? I only did quick testing like "Did it Load?", "Is it unlock-able at the right tech tree node?" but i forgot to test the modules in the parts.

So the when i got the new Skylab model it was using a .cfg from a older version and didn't have the new experiment module I made for it. Should be fixed now for you guys.