[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

Mind shedding some light on the issues?

As for those with problems involving loading ships n stuff while in VAB please refer to: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26031-Win-KSP-Mod-Admin-v1-3-9-Mod-install-with-2-klicks

The craft section allows you to check your saves for bad .craft files.

I get stuck inside cam view and cannot get out. I can switch to IVA views but when I exit it goes back to the cam view. Unable to switch to other views. The text of other views appear but no switch in view is made.

I get stuck inside cam view and cannot get out. I can switch to IVA views but when I exit it goes back to the cam view. Unable to switch to other views. The text of other views appear but no switch in view is made.

Do you have Hullcam VDS? That mod adds a activate camera button to my mods cameras, which locks your view to it. But it has a key to exit. Otherwise this is a bug that I will look into.

It seems i forgot to delete my screenshots before uploading.... My bad Ill reupload the mod with them removed.

For me it doesn't matter, fast enough connection. But some people might not like it, would be sad because it's a very nice mod!

Do you have Hullcam VDS? That mod adds a activate camera button to my mods cameras, which locks your view to it. But it has a key to exit. Otherwise this is a bug that I will look into.

I dont have the Hullcam VDS installed. I do have the activate camera button available but cannot exit since there is no exit key implemented within my mods. I do have the Romfarer cam mods. Please look into it. I really enjoy your work and would love to continue using the cam mod.

Question to those of you experiencing save corruption. Did you have a preexisting copy installed and just overwrote it, or did you install without a previous copy?

Mine was without an existing version of L-Tech.

As for those with problems involving loading ships n stuff while in VAB please refer to: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26031-Win-KSP-Mod-Admin-v1-3-9-Mod-install-with-2-klicks

The craft section allows you to check your saves for bad .craft files.

I ran my savegame through this and came back with no bad craft files - thought you might be onto something there!

Mine was without an existing version of L-Tech.

I ran my savegame through this and came back with no bad craft files - thought you might be onto something there!

If your in career mode, purchase the parts inside the research center?

I'll investigate this later.

I dont have the Hullcam VDS installed. I do have the activate camera button available but cannot exit since there is no exit key implemented within my mods. I do have the Romfarer cam mods. Please look into it. I really enjoy your work and would love to continue using the cam mod.

I highly recommend Hullcam VDS, as the developer is willing to support my mod otherwise talk to Romfarer for a key to exit the camera view.

nice mod, trying out this soon after watching walking dead.

scooping robot arm for taking sample of surface would be a nice addition.

about that camera things, its a very good idea :)

hope that in future ksp have a newspapers. (first landing on mun or somethings) with pictures you took.

buzz aldrin race into space old game is one of inspirations of KSP, they had a great newspaper system.

Please keep this mod going, I want to see more things happen! And how does the Lab do science? I don't see any option for it to do science?

I'm still running an old version, but that's strange... Normally, there should be two options to do science like the other science things work. Right click on the science lab and do science experiments (rockets or/and micro gravity I think).

Be sure to use the lab from science tab and not the original model with just space for kerbals in it from the structure(?) tab. The lab is based on the original's model, but the original remains intact and useless (for science that is).

EDIT: Also, be sure you are in Career mode and have unlocked the lab! x) There is no science to do in Sandbox mode...

Edited by Sasha1378

The lab has a inspace requirement, Currently Im reworking the skylab. The rework is taking much more work than I initially planned. Hopefully i will make a break through and be able to release a update soon.

The lab has a inspace requirement, Currently Im reworking the skylab. The rework is taking much more work than I initially planned. Hopefully i will make a break through and be able to release a update soon.

Keep it up! I love your mod pack and want to see it grow big.

Update! Woo.

Just a warning, the skylab may have some bugs as this is a major change to it.

Right now the skylab generates a "Science" Resource (I'm looking for a replacement name, suggest away.) that you use to run the skylab experiments.

The amount of the "Science" resource thats generated is dependent on the amount of crew in the skylab. So you're free to only have one crew-member in your skylab,

but you won't get "Science" as fast.

I'm looking forward to your feedback on this update.

V1.6

-Overhauled the skylab, it now generates a resource ("Science") that you use to run experiments. That give you real science points.

*I'm not that creative with the resource name... Can you guys suggest a name?

-Cleaned up the mod folder, no more .cfgs in the main folder i organised them into the Parts folder. Woo!

-A bunch of other changes possibly that i forgot about.

Note: This update was made possible by ethernet's Mod.

Thank you ethernet for letting me learn from your source code.

Thats my bad, I forgot to tell winrar to save as a .zip so it automaticly did a .rar The fixed version should be up shortly.

Edit: Spaceport says its updated with a .zip version. Tell me if its fixed for you.

Edited by ludsoe

Update! Woo.

Just a warning, the skylab may have some bugs as this is a major change to it.

Right now the skylab generates a "Science" Resource (I'm looking for a replacement name, suggest away.) that you use to run the skylab experiments.

The amount of the "Science" resource thats generated is dependent on the amount of crew in the skylab. So you're free to only have one crew-member in your skylab,

but you won't get "Science" as fast.

I'm looking forward to your feedback on this update.

V1.6

-Overhauled the skylab, it now generates a resource ("Science") that you use to run experiments. That give you real science points.

*I'm not that creative with the resource name... Can you guys suggest a name?

-Cleaned up the mod folder, no more .cfgs in the main folder i organised them into the Parts folder. Woo!

-A bunch of other changes possibly that i forgot about.

Note: This update was made possible by ethernet's Mod.

Thank you ethernet for letting me learn from your source code.

Data or Observations would be a better name imo. Will this have any effect on skylabs or other parts already in orbit? If so I can deorbit my current skylab and lift a new one after updating.

People have already suggested that you call it "data" I agree that this is the best name.

Other suggestions:

Knowledge

Information

Intelligence

Even call it "Research"

As for Skylab experiments I suggest:

Kerbal Health/Mentality (How they are changing while in space)

Chemistry (How certain things react in space)

Physics Test (Test how certain things behave in their normal state in space)

Edited by ngianoplus

Take a page from KSPI and have the 'science' production rate depend on the stupidity level of the kerbals inside the lab. :)

I might look into this.

People have already suggested that you call it "data" I agree that this is the best name.

Other suggestions:

Knowledge

Information

Intelligence

Even call it "Research"

As for Skylab experiments I suggest:

Kerbal Health/Mentality (How they are changing while in space)

Chemistry (How certain things react in space)

Physics Test (Test how certain things behave in their normal state in space)

Ive settled with "Insight", seemed fitting.

Also I like those experiments, but I'm not that good at writing flavour text.

Does anyone know how to use Science points to get research points? I only have the option to generate science, then that's all I can do...

Make sure you ship up a skylab experiment and supply it with the science resource, with enough science resource in a experiment module you should be able to activate it for research points.