What sparked your intrest in space?

I never had anyone auround me that did anything related to space, but I can remember how much I loved the planets when i was in Pre-School(I don't remember, but apparently I cried when pluto was demoted). However, my interest mostly died down until about 7th grade when I found Orbiter and a new telescope. Then I found KSP and thats about it.

I grew up in the 1980s, when the Russians were the "Evil Empire"; we both eyed each other over the wall in Berlin and had nuclear weapons ready to go at a moment's notice. Now, it's not uncommon to hear Russian being spoken around here. That still strikes me as a bit odd.

Yep at that time it was the evil empire. Making it more special that they were there.

The space fighter battles in Star Wars Battlefront II Kind of help me a little, too. That game.....

OH GOD THOSE WHERE JUST SOOOO GOOOD! But mostly orbiter I suppose. I played it when I was 11. I had no clue what anything was or did, but I didn't care, I was flying a spaceship! A real spaceship! Not those unrealistic gamey ones! I loved all the buttons and switches and readouts. I would just point and turn on the engines.

When I was five or so, my mom used to teach me some basic laws of astrophysics (gravity etc.) instead of reading me bedtime stories. That got me started, Babylon 5, Star Trek, nuBSG and the others did the rest.

A very honorable place in my memories is held by David Weber's Honor Harrington series.

The Movie October Sky, NASA, Star Wars, My Jack Ass Of a Brother, YouTube, and the Planetarium at the Creation Musium in kentucy thar's what got me interested in Space

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER, LET'S GET OUR BUTS OF THE COUCH AND GET UP THERE AND PUT OUR BUTS ON THE SPACE COUCH! xD

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.