[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Thanks to the AMAZING JeffersonFlight we now have a new version of the Airship plugin with some sweet new features!

For starters the Airships now have Toolbar! Sadly it is a required thing now but we are working to make it optional!

Second you now have a MUCH nicer looking GUI for use that should fit the style of Toolbar and other mods using toolbar very well.

And lastly we are working toward a remake for the lifting code and a design for a cargo bay to fit the prototype parts!

Speaking of the Prototypes. I have decided that once the main part of the plugin is finished the old HL parts are going to be dropped. They will be left in for crafts that use them but support for them will be left in favor of the newer ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to hear it, JewelShisen, and you'll be happy to hear that submarines also work just fine in 0.25. Also, RoverDude's Freight Transportation Technologies and USI Exploration Pack have some nice electric ducted fans that respond to RCS controls, which make operating airships and submarines a breeze.

Glad to hear it, JewelShisen, and you'll be happy to hear that submarines also work just fine in 0.25. Also, RoverDude's Freight Transportation Technologies and USI Exploration Pack have some nice electric ducted fans that respond to RCS controls, which make operating airships and submarines a breeze.

That's good to hear~ Would love to see any pictures that anybody would have and be willing to share of what they have made!

Okay, here are a couple of airships I've made.

First up, the submarine tester:

YVkO3vv.jpg

Honestly, getting it into the water was the hard part. I wanted to roll it in from the runway, but kept bouncing and crashing at the slope after the end, so I gave it some probe envelopes and flew to the water.

Those micro fans are no joke -- even in RCS mode, they could push me past 30 m/s, and at full throttle could easily push it past 150 if not for the ridiculous pitch-up moment that ensued.

Here's a vertical airship I made for tracking down anomalies. I'd use SCANsat to find them, and then I stacked this guy on top of a Kerbal X to launch it on a sub-orbital trajectory to the general vicinity. Once the airship made it into atmosphere, I could inflate the gas bag and fly to the actual spot.

oUbKXaK.jpg

I've also made an atmospheric maintenance pod using a HERP from the USI Exploration Pack, a probe core, some micro fans, and a little docking port on the back. Eventually, I'll make a mothership and send the whole thing to Eve.

(Also, I did a little testing of the SQUID stuff -- I don't know that I'd call it "buggy", but it certainly isn't stable -- my test vehicle was getting pretty rattled and it couldn't move, though I wonder if not all of the wheels were set to move in the right direction.)

Okay, here are a couple of airships I've made.

First up, the submarine tester:

https://i.imgur.com/YVkO3vv.jpg

Honestly, getting it into the water was the hard part. I wanted to roll it in from the runway, but kept bouncing and crashing at the slope after the end, so I gave it some probe envelopes and flew to the water.

Those micro fans are no joke -- even in RCS mode, they could push me past 30 m/s, and at full throttle could easily push it past 150 if not for the ridiculous pitch-up moment that ensued.

Here's a vertical airship I made for tracking down anomalies. I'd use SCANsat to find them, and then I stacked this guy on top of a Kerbal X to launch it on a sub-orbital trajectory to the general vicinity. Once the airship made it into atmosphere, I could inflate the gas bag and fly to the actual spot.

https://i.imgur.com/oUbKXaK.jpg

I've also made an atmospheric maintenance pod using a HERP from the USI Exploration Pack, a probe core, some micro fans, and a little docking port on the back. Eventually, I'll make a mothership and send the whole thing to Eve.

(Also, I did a little testing of the SQUID stuff -- I don't know that I'd call it "buggy", but it certainly isn't stable -- my test vehicle was getting pretty rattled and it couldn't move, though I wonder if not all of the wheels were set to move in the right direction.)

Awesome ships! Yea the SQUID wheels are a little touchy but they work so long as you don't crank them way up on power. The legs though are the buggy part as one of them just pops out and won't work. I have to check the code and the mesh of that landing leg.

Thanks to the AMAZING JeffersonFlight we now have a new version of the Airship plugin with some sweet new features!

For starters the Airships now have Toolbar! Sadly it is a required thing now but we are working to make it optional!

Second you now have a MUCH nicer looking GUI for use that should fit the style of Toolbar and other mods using toolbar very well.

And lastly we are working toward a remake for the lifting code and a design for a cargo bay to fit the prototype parts!

Speaking of the Prototypes. I have decided that once the main part of the plugin is finished the old HL parts are going to be dropped. They will be left in for crafts that use them but support for them will be left in favor of the newer ones.

Did you say cargo bays? :D :D :D

Also, any chance you could release an optional texture pack that removes the squids? I did that myself once and they blended in much nicer with the rest of the craft.

• 3 weeks later...
The guys over on the toolbar thread seem oblivious to the issues....

(I might seem a little obsessed with this, but I have a floating base on eve that needs tending to.)

They are working on updating. It will just take some time. That said I would enjoy some pictures for the thread if you have some.

Great mod, never used it before now but after seeing this proposed Venus mission:

I was all hell yea! It is working great except I have found one major bug. When I push ESC the game pauses but the menu does not appear (cannot revert flight or return to SC). The problem only occurs when I have the parachute blimp thing deployed (tried it with both the "Ray" and "Una") and once I decouple it the problem usually resolves itself. I figure this is more likely a bug with toolbar as the buttons on it do not seem to work well, but the fact that this only happens when I have an inflated blimp is odd. As well the big balloons seem to have lost their collision values and just fall right through the earth.

Must have been a pain to launch though~

When you launch it along with a rover and a second, ground based mobile base, AND use a transfer stage that doesn't use nuclear rockets, you begin to go a little insane. So yes. :confused:(Then again, The launch wouldn't have been as much of a headache if I had have used by new 320 ton launcher design, which is accessible through my signature.)

(All worth it though, I can now do in depth exploration of eve, and I'm making a version for laythe in anticipation of the toolbar mod updating)

Edited by Major999
Shameless self advertising.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.