[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

10 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

That will be coming as soon as I can find out how to set it up.

Wait, what... er, I'm seeing a custom tab for this mod in the aircraft hanger's parts list (haven't checked in the VAB, mind) and I haven't set up any homebrew categories on my current install. The tab contains all the Hooligan parts and even has a nice 'silhouette of a traditional airship' icon.

I'll grab a screenshot to show what I mean once I get home from work (am typing this on my lunch break) and am thus in the same building as the comp I've got KSP installed on.

So, you're saying that tab doesn't appear in sandbox mode? Sorry - not familiar with the current layout of sandbox, I haven't used it since about 0.24.

Am currently at around 11,000 metres westbound out of KSC in a rickety solar-powered lighter-than-air contraption, aimed for the desert biome with my not-so-bold duo of rookie aviatrixes aboard, it's about the tenth revision of this kite and FINALLY able to trim nicely in flight thanks to pumping spurious liquid fuel (the engines are all-electric) back and forth. I'll have a look-see in sandbox for the first time in, ye Gods, it must be over eighteen months now I think, once I've got her somewhere nice and safe to leave - probably after the big and slightly hair-raising ocean crossing she's just coming up on as I type. 42 minutes on the mission clock and she's just about to leave the land for her first big sea crossing.

BTW JewelShisen - on that matter, the pumping liquid from back to front of an airship works beautifully to trim her pitch. No more permanent nose up/down for me unless I wants it to. Could not more enthusiastically advocate some sort of purpose-designed variety of the same for airships to avoid burning the pitch-adjustment ballast on liquid-fuel kites.

Eek! That was a rather invigorating ride - design tip, do not mount your ballast tanks high in your airship's envelope or untoward aerobatics may ensue, especially during physics time warp. Once a top-heavy zeppelin begins to tumble, it tumbles for some time.

Edit: And, having reached a place safe from Kraken attacks and rapid unplanned disassembly and parked my wobbly airship, I have now exited career mode, started a sandbox mode, and the exact same tab is there in the exact same place.

Edited by Doghead13
Further information.

4 hours ago, Doghead13 said:

So, you're saying that tab doesn't appear in sandbox mode? Sorry - not familiar with the current layout of sandbox, I haven't used it since about 0.24.

Am currently at around 11,000 metres westbound out of KSC in a rickety solar-powered lighter-than-air contraption, aimed for the desert biome with my not-so-bold duo of rookie aviatrixes aboard, it's about the tenth revision of this kite and FINALLY able to trim nicely in flight thanks to pumping spurious liquid fuel (the engines are all-electric) back and forth. I'll have a look-see in sandbox for the first time in, ye Gods, it must be over eighteen months now I think, once I've got her somewhere nice and safe to leave - probably after the big and slightly hair-raising ocean crossing she's just coming up on as I type. 42 minutes on the mission clock and she's just about to leave the land for her first big sea crossing.

BTW JewelShisen - on that matter, the pumping liquid from back to front of an airship works beautifully to trim her pitch. No more permanent nose up/down for me unless I wants it to. Could not more enthusiastically advocate some sort of purpose-designed variety of the same for airships to avoid burning the pitch-adjustment ballast on liquid-fuel kites.

Eek! That was a rather invigorating ride - design tip, do not mount your ballast tanks high in your airship's envelope or untoward aerobatics may ensue, especially during physics time warp. Once a top-heavy zeppelin begins to tumble, it tumbles for some time.

Edit: And, having reached a place safe from Kraken attacks and rapid unplanned disassembly and parked my wobbly airship, I have now exited career mode, started a sandbox mode, and the exact same tab is there in the exact same place.

5 hours ago, Deizelpunk said:

Thats career mode- I dont have anything like that.

@Deizelpunk Please fully remove the mod folder and grab the newest version from SpaceDock. 

Not sure if this is a known bug, but I anchored an airship about 13km above the launch pad. When I approached it from near-directly below, it would teleport as soon as I got within a few hundred meters, relocating to ~2500 meters above me, repeating as long as I flew up. This doesn't happen approaching from any other direction.

1 minute ago, Exovian said:

Not sure if this is a known bug, but I anchored an airship about 13km above the launch pad. When I approached it from near-directly below, it would teleport as soon as I got within a few hundred meters, relocating to ~2500 meters above me, repeating as long as I flew up. This doesn't happen approaching from any other direction.

Hmm... I will have to talk with Dunclaw about that. If possible please file the bug report on github.

5 hours ago, Doghead13 said:

screenshot_2016-05-20--21-00-00_zpscjz6p

When it's not clickied, the little airship is white.

Weird... I didn't set it up but either way it is lacking a LOT of the parts.

6 hours ago, Doghead13 said:

You will like the auto-pitch control I've been working on. It neutralizes imbalanced airships pretty well. It doesn't completely neutralize everything, but will get it to where a SAS can easily handle the remainder even for wildly imbalanced ships.

1 hour ago, JewelShisen said:

Hmm... I will have to talk with Dunclaw about that. If possible please file the bug report on github.

Yes, definitely interested in more details on the anchor bug. Were you using the auto-anchor mode on the inactive ship? It should go off rails when you get within 1.5km of the ship, but other than that shouldn't mess with the position or jump it anywhere.

I set up the category icon, but it should show all the parts. It works in both sandbox and career for me.

3 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Nah, early career save. That's just how many I've unlocked at this point. They all show in sandbox.

On 20/05/2016 at 2:33 AM, Deizelpunk said:

One problem I AM having is, my kerbals cant stand on anything i set afloat! Any idea why?

Hi the reason for this is that when they designed the kerbals they didnt think anybody would be walking around on a flying ship, and so the kerbals go into the freefall position as there is no animation to deal with walking while flying. You can walk on craft that are landed or splashed but moving around on something that's moving even slowly usually ends up with Kev kerbal being spat off whatever he's walking on.  Using the Airpark however you can stop the ship and wander around on it to your hearts content regardless of altitude

Holy gods. That's... big. It's a shame that the Mk. IV Spaceplane System hasn't been updated yet (though by some reports it works fine in 1.1.2 with updated plugins) because it looks like those parts would be perfect for such a behemoth.

47 minutes ago, sirrliv said:

Holy gods. That's... big. It's a shame that the Mk. IV Spaceplane System hasn't been updated yet (though by some reports it works fine in 1.1.2 with updated plugins) because it looks like those parts would be perfect for such a behemoth.

That or B9! Actually I think this might be bigger...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.