[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

On 10/20/2016 at 7:14 PM, Angel-125 said:

Making progress, got the large, medium, and small dirigible sections done, and just (nearly) finished the gyro ring:By default, the fuel tank (4500 unit capacity), starts half-full. That way you can use it to pump fuel between gyro rings for use as ballast. I don't know if HL has an in-flight COM/COL indicator, but if not I plan to add one in the plugin I'm working on. :)

Really cool! Do you plan on expand on this? It would be awesome to have inflatable version that we can carry to other planets!

13 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

As soon as I get told the GitHub has been updated I will be happy to push out an update to the mod!

You dont need to do that for me, Ive changed mine already. I just assumed you would update that on the next build. It was the only part with that issue wasnt it?

On a side note, I noticed that the contracts have been using the parts from mod for Kerbal rescue missions. All of the others were in Gondolas and its been fine, I did try to bring one back to Kerbin but it quickly succumbed to the heat on re-entry, No big surprise there. I really just wanted to get the part out of orbit. I got enough junk in orbit as it is. :)

13 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Just wondering how feasable it would be to model something like the Airlander for KSP, and if anyone has looked into it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Air_Vehicles_HAV_304_Airlander_10

HI, I'd imagine it would be as simple as applying a lifting body module to an envelope part.   you'd have to scupper the HL plugins ability to lift, 50% gas volume would sound right, and see what happens, can't see an issue aside from getting that gas volume just right( normally we get that directly from the modelling program as cylinder volume)

17 minutes ago, DarkGod said:

Sadly this is broken by Contract Configurator exposing some buggy toolbar code, see there, fix looks simple:

We know and I have been tossing about the idea of scrapping all connection to the old toolbar mod as it has been made unnessary, in my opinion, by the stock toolbar.

27 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

We know and I have been tossing about the idea of scrapping all connection to the old toolbar mod as it has been made unnessary, in my opinion, by the stock toolbar.

Works for me not used blizzy's since it started spamming compat messages everywhere:)

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 minute ago, oniontrain said:

Is there an option to use the stock toolbar? Clicking on everything is rather hectic without the UI

The mod uses it by default unless you have the toolbar mod installed (honestly why would anybody at this point?)

On 10/25/2016 at 3:32 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Works for me not used blizzy's since it started spamming compat messages everywhere:)

This Mod needs to get the toolbar wrapper updated and recompile the whole mod.

It's a problem which was hidden until CC was released for 1.2

On 10/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, DigitalProeliator said:

Well the only time you need it is if your using a HL based part, then its a simple right click. with a very basic menu. Its not exactly like scansats menu options, and I honestly wonder if ANY toolbar is needed, even the stock one...

I would prefer to leave it in simply for the fact of very large airships making it difficult or awkward to reach the parts.

> I honestly wonder if ANY toolbar is needed, even the stock one

Not that it needs a toolbar, per se, but I'm currently dealing with the conflict with Contract Configrator. With CC installed, I don't get the HL Toolbar and thus don't get altitude control. Makes the airships almost completely unflyable. Move those tools to the right-click menu and I I'll be very happy. I don't fly planes at all around Kerbin. It's all airships.

5 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

With CC installed, I don't get the HL Toolbar and thus don't get altitude control. Makes the airships almost completely unflyable.

I don't know about that. I typically raise each part by 15 until one end goes up, then increase by 5 in the heavy side until the craft is basically horizontal, and then control altitude using the middle parts buoyancy. Doing this in fact let me complete the GAP contract pack Coast Guard certification mission, and find out getting to close to the hikers on the K2 mission will just let them fall to their deaths because they are floating... It is a bit more work, but its totally doable.

Instead of trying to fly craft I built previous, I started from scratch and tried flying them without the GUI. Difficult. Slow. Delicate. But doable. In all honesty, probably a lot more like trying to fly a real airship than clicking a button that automatically maintains an altitude. Definitely need RCS for fine control. Once I have better mastery of smaller craft, I'll have to try something larger.
30108258023_6d606d3b5f_b_d.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.