[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

@JewelShisen - I agree with everything you've said here... and I'd like to stick with the HL GUI.  Trying to fly by hand just doesn't look like fun to me.  Any idea when you guys will be able to incorporate Nightingale's fixes into your code?  Not trying to rush you, but I installed CC a few days ago before I knew about the conflict and then accepted some CC contracts, and now I have a stranded airship on the island.  I've tried flying it off by hand, and that never ends well, and I don't want to uninstall CC because that will wreck havoc on the game.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Deizelpunk said:

Nevermind, much simpler than I thought.

Yeah my bad i was using the heisenberg part pack, didnt realise i needed one of your parts for the Ai. Really happy this is updated for 1.2 tho man!

Interesting... I will have to talk to Dunclaw and find out why...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a weird bug. Whenever I place an envelope in the SPH, sometimes I can't surface attach or click on it after it's been placed. Usually done after loading a craft from the menu. Something appears to be wrong with the collider, there's errors saying; "Non convex mesh collider with non-kinematic rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5, If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the RigidBody kinematic or remove the rigidbody component"

Edited by oniontrain

5 hours ago, oniontrain said:

I'm getting a weird bug. Whenever I place an envelope in the SPH, sometimes I can't surface attach or click on it after it's been placed. Usually done after loading a craft from the menu. Something appears to be wrong with the collider, there's errors saying; "Non convex mesh collider with non-kinematic rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5, If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the RigidBody kinematic or remove the rigidbody component"

Weird... I'll have to take a look but as far as I know all the new parts are using convex mesh colliders

51 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

Is it one of the old ones or one of mine? Also the gondola is one of Spanner's parts but if it is just a node issue then I will see what I can do to fix it.

A lot if not most of the original envelopes have dodgy or no colliders at all, they  all need exporting and re importing through an updated unity. It's something i can do if you'd like.

On 12/12/2016 at 6:39 AM, JewelShisen said:

Also the gondola is one of Spanner's parts

I'm going to port my parts over to unity 5 and as a result I'll be redoing all the nodes and adding a lot more using the NODE method of defined transforms, I'll be doing this over the next couple of weeks and will push the update parts as soon as I'm done

Hi well a crap night for me is once again a good night for mods :) and it's all done fully ported to unity 5 , with some new little tweaks and more nodes that you'll ever need arranged in rows   along the lower center line and either side of each envelope,  also added a row of nodes in the cargo bay, and some new light animations for the pod and bay.   Will be testing some more  and adding some more goodies to the IVA . Should be ready later today or early tomorrow

WqFJyiG.png

Spoiler

zNePtQI.pngAQsJpWU.pngQ1STEDi.pngqluPdm8.pngPWLooFO.png

That is a nice airship, Spanner! Glad to see new textures going onto the airships. It's weird to come back years later and see most things look the same!

I'd just like to add a few comments of my own, from poking around the internet about this mod...

• Maybe take down the Curse page? It's still the top result for KSP airships, and it's confusing if you are no longer using it.
  • The next result after that is something like "Is the airship mod cheating"? Which is probably a lot my fault, but has that ever been addressed? :)

26 minutes ago, Hooligan Labs said:

That is a nice airship, Spanner! Glad to see new textures going onto the airships. It's weird to come back years later and see most things look the same!

I'd just like to add a few comments of my own, from poking around the internet about this mod...

• Maybe take down the Curse page? It's still the top result for KSP airships, and it's confusing if you are no longer using it.
  • The next result after that is something like "Is the airship mod cheating"? Which is probably a lot my fault, but has that ever been addressed? :)

Working on taking down the curse page now.

As for the cheating thing I think that has to do largely with the fact that the mod doesn't use up any resources at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Hooligan Labs said:

Thanks, i appreciate that coming from the godfather of Kerbal Airships,  though he appears  as i was just about to mention that Angel-125 Hiesenbergs knock spots off my attempt, seriously next level stuff,   and RE it all being the same, i tried to change it but they changed it back :)  that was when i too thought it was dead, well it was at the time, and brought it back to life in 1.0.5, and then i found out it wasn't actually dead really more in hibernation damnit. Regardless i do love a bit of drifting about, cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.