[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

8 minutes ago, Biker Joe said:

is the spacedock link for this mod broken?

trying to download it but whenever I click the link I get an error?

Spacedock is temporarily down for maintenance.

You can get the latest official release here: https://github.com/dunclaw/HLAirships/releases

(this link is also on the OP, but using a very small letter size!)

10 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

Hello to all! So after quite a long downtime I am back in business! I have a new laptop and will be trying to get back into the process of making more parts.

HOLY-RE-APPEARANCE!!

Glad to see you back :)  :waves:

Edited by Stone Blue

22 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

There are plans to do that. Angel-125 from the Heisenburg Airship parts is looking into updating the code and helping me learn how to update and work on it myself.

I was hoping, but pretty much figured, yeah, you two might start cooking something up together. ;)

On 1/31/2020 at 4:39 AM, JewelShisen said:

Hello to all! So after quite a long downtime I am back in business! I have a new laptop and will be trying to get back into the process of making more parts.

To that end: What parts do you want to see made? Big? Small? Tiny?

Maybe something like NASA's HAVOC, especially envelope

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20160006329.pdf

So my end plan is to keep the old parts that Hooligan made, as tribute to him, and then make some new parts that will be my own creations.

To that end, I want to know what you all would like to see happen with the rest of the parts in the mod right now.

On 2/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, JewelShisen said:

So my end plan is to keep the old parts that Hooligan made, as tribute to him, and then make some new parts that will be my own creations.

To that end, I want to know what you all would like to see happen with the rest of the parts in the mod right now.

I would like you continue in the spirit of Hooligaslab and add a twist to make it your own.

Edited by FreeThinker

7 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @FreeThinker this mod already have it... :)

r9lEbF0.png

Indeed. My 15m parts just need to get some texture added and they will be ready to sail the skies. 

Also, speaking of those, do people want me to add more adapter parts for them to have more than just the spaceplane parts slung under them? Perhaps add the larger Mk 3 spaceplane parts?

18 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Indeed. My 15m parts just need to get some texture added and they will be ready to sail the skies. 

Also, speaking of those, do people want me to add more adapter parts for them to have more than just the spaceplane parts slung under them? Perhaps add the larger Mk 3 spaceplane parts?

Now in NASA every one is thinking in the next Venus mission with balloons. This reminds me that the future will be the past :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Altitude_Venus_Operational_Concept#/media/File:NASA_Cloud_City_on_Venus.jpg

For me I would say that this is a nice view :) what do you think?

33 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Now in NASA every one is thinking in the next Venus mission with balloons. This reminds me that the future will be the past :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Altitude_Venus_Operational_Concept#/media/File:NASA_Cloud_City_on_Venus.jpg

For me I would say that this is a nice view :) what do you think?

Oh I agree. But to pull that off in KSP I would need to learn how to do Animated parts. And first on the list of things to do is to get the current parts up to snuff and balanced.

20 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

Oh I agree. But to pull that off in KSP I would need to learn how to do Animated parts. And first on the list of things to do is to get the current parts up to snuff and balanced.

Why not start with adding just a texture? like that one or similar?

I've always liked the deployable envelopes. I'd appreciate some inline ones. Identical to the current deployable envelope is perfectly fine, but just inline so I can streamline things more.

If you wanna get really fancy, I'd love to see an inline envelope that expanded into a ring rather than a balloon off to one side.

I mainly used HL parts to hover around my bases and skycrane stuff around without using fuel, with electric propellers, etc. Also messed around ages ago with an EVE SSTO using HL envelopes as initial thrust. Just to give an idea what I use the mod for.

If you're into realism... Ever thought about a part that generates the resources needed for the envelope to open? Like maybe editing the cryogenic gas separator to produce hydrogen or whatever out of the atmosphere, maybe some tanks to compress & store that as liquid.

As a start though, yes, I too would like to see other textures for the pink/gray deployable envelopes that more match stock colors.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.