[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

On 4/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, Havok said:

Can someone refresh my mind in how to install this mod. Does the "HLAirships" folder go in the gamedata or do I all the "HLAirships" internal folders to the KSP main folder?

in Gamedata. Be aware that there are issues with 1.9.x - 1.8.x works fine with it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 8:39 AM, JewelShisen said:

Hello to all! So after quite a long downtime I am back in business! I have a new laptop and will be trying to get back into the process of making more parts.

To that end: What parts do you want to see made? Big? Small? Tiny?

Personally, I'd like to see a deployable, zeppelin-shaped envelope, that can support an ascent vehicle as the gondola, and maybe an XL envelope that can be deployed as an aerostat base for docking spaceplanes to, but can be delivered via reentry vehicle. Basically just re-modelled envelopes that look a bit more "realistic" 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Foefue said:

Do you plan on making the KerblingOrbiter balloon inflatable like the Parachutes 'ray' and 'una'?

Yes. Eventually. Once I get better at modeling doing the animation. But not right now.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I want to go on and post to give everybody a quick update on the status of Hooligan Labs Airships. I am working on it still. Lately I have taken to working on a set of 1.25m rigid airship drone parts that will be aimed at use for small atmospheric drop crafts or disposable science airships.

• 5 months later...

Just posting an update for anybody wondering:

This mod is still alive and well in the new version of KSP. Work has sadly been keeping me from getting on and working on it at all but with the holidays almost over I'll be able to get on and start playing and working on the mod once more. My first plan is to get some landing gear made that will fit in line with the rest of the parts. Next will be a cargo bay for both the normal sized and the small airship.

• 2 weeks later...

So a further update:

I still need to make the texture for the new cargo bay unit, though in truth it is more like a landing gear bay.

I am also working on making a 'Nacelle' mount for the drone parts, allowing you to mount the main body of the airship under the lifting parts like you would be doing in real life. I have to do some balancing on it and get some texture for it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for anybody watching:

Nacelle mount is created and ready for testing/balancing.

Landing Gear Bay is working but needs a slightly reduced in size version of the small landing legs if you want them to not stick out.

Also new is a brand new full size cargo bay for the drones! The 'bottom' is also flattened to allow for easier docking/decoupler placement!

Once they are tested out, if they are liked, they will get textures and released with the next update of HL Airships!

To that end, I need to know if anybody would like to give them a test run.

• 1 month later...

Heyo! I've just downloaded this mod and am having a little trouble. When I launch an airship, and then inflate it, it "rocks" back and forth on the pad, bounces up in the air a little bit, and acts generally like it would very much like to go up, but doesn't ascend. I figured I'd post about this only because a quick search of this thread didn't reveal anyone else talking about a similar issue.
This is most likely a mod conflict, so it probably shouldn't be taken very seriously. I'm guessing that HLA is in conflict with Principia (Godel), since the later is very picky about how physics are handled. I'm also running Faram Aerospace Reasearch Continued, but I've seen some other people in the thread suggesting that these play nicely together, generally speaking. Finally, I'm on KSP version 1.11.1. I'm not going to do an exhaustive 1-by-1 mod compatibility check because I'm tired and it's late at night, but if I do and my conclusions change I'll post an update. Other than that, this is more-or-less just to leave a paper (bit? UNICODE? post?) trail in case someone else encounters a similar issue. o7

On 3/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, Dr.Seuss said:

Heyo! I've just downloaded this mod and am having a little trouble. When I launch an airship, and then inflate it, it "rocks" back and forth on the pad, bounces up in the air a little bit, and acts generally like it would very much like to go up, but doesn't ascend. I figured I'd post about this only because a quick search of this thread didn't reveal anyone else talking about a similar issue.
This is most likely a mod conflict, so it probably shouldn't be taken very seriously. I'm guessing that HLA is in conflict with Principia (Godel), since the later is very picky about how physics are handled. I'm also running Faram Aerospace Reasearch Continued, but I've seen some other people in the thread suggesting that these play nicely together, generally speaking. Finally, I'm on KSP version 1.11.1. I'm not going to do an exhaustive 1-by-1 mod compatibility check because I'm tired and it's late at night, but if I do and my conclusions change I'll post an update. Other than that, this is more-or-less just to leave a paper (bit? UNICODE? post?) trail in case someone else encounters a similar issue. o7

So as far as I know, FARC SHOULD still be ok. I haven't tried it myself. I don't know anything about Principia at all so I can't say one way or the other about that one.

36 minutes ago, Delta dart said:

When I open this mod a strange pink square appears below my ship and it is visible in the SPH. When I load into the runway it stays on the spot where I spawned. This issue disappears when I remove the mod.

KSP 1.8 update made changes to KSP shaders... this issues started appearing in many mods... it seems mainly planet packs and graphics mods?
mostly Planetshine, EVE, possibly Scatterer vOv ...

I would suggest making sure you have all the latest updates for all your mods, for whatever version of KSP you are on (which you should have mentioned above :P )
also, posting a lin to your latest KSP.log might help

Heres a thread to find out how to do that:

2 hours ago, Delta dart said:

When I open this mod a strange pink square appears below my ship and it is visible in the SPH. When I load into the runway it stays on the spot where I spawned. This issue disappears when I remove the mod.

So that is there but it's not harmful at all. It's caused by part of the code and I don't know how to fix that. But when you launch, before doing anything else, if you just turn 'Auto Level' on and then back off it will go away.

10 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

But as for what version of the mod started having it? I have no idea. I think it showed up about KSP 1.9 or 1.10

I thin it was actually the Unity update in 1.8.0.. at least that was when many other mods had the issue start showing up. vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.