[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Sounds great because something going wrong simply declaring a ship landed when it is in the air. Technically in the mean time I could try to build a base just floating less then KAS cable length above the ground, sort of defeats the idea on Eve of staying at room temp altitude (22500-23500 m) and is grossly unrealistic on Jool where room temp altitude is 44-45 km and "surface" temps are beyond anything realistically survivable.

My only issue with what Neowulf is proposing is that I am not sure if it would require the KerbTown plugin to become a dependency. If it would then I want to avoid that path. I'm not fond of making this mod reliant on another one.

My only issue with what Neowulf is proposing is that I am not sure if it would require the KerbTown plugin to become a dependency. If it would then I want to avoid that path. I'm not fond of making this mod reliant on another one.

Make a new mod "HL AirBases (Alpha)" that requires what ever other mod to make the floating base work.

Make a new mod "HL AirBases (Alpha)" that requires what ever other mod to make the floating base work.

I don't object to using KerbTown but if I can do it internal then that is what I would prefer. But regardless I still have to learn how to code in C# and get it all set up. Plus I have to decide on what kind of part I want this to be (Props, jet, etc)

I doubt you'd have to piggyback kerbtown for this to work.

I'm just saying it reminded me of an old trick I used to use, create a deployable object at the player coordinates and mount the player to it. It was the easiest way to create a small object the sniper and engineer armor classes could use to get into the sky and stay there.

It may be as simple as extending the same class the buildings objects at KSC are based off of.

JS I just want to say your mods, SQUID in particular, are excellent and thank you for taking the time to make them as well as making them available to the public. :)

As a learning experience and because I want to make a mod that would have similarities to SQUID, I attempted to do a bit of debugging for you on the known issue with the large landing strut. I think it is the model that the part is using. If I replace the MU and MBM files in that part folder with the stock counterparts it will work. Also, it will work if the HL_SQUID_Module is added to the stock heavy strut. I do not know how to look at MU and MBM files (yet) so I do not know what specifically is causing them to fail, however I am fairly certain the models are where the issue is.

If you already know this I apologize for repeating known info. Also, this in no way is intended as a push to fix this or anything. This was just me learning about modding in a reverse engineering kinda way and wanted to share with you my findings :)

Thank you for all the great mods!

I doubt you'd have to piggyback kerbtown for this to work.

I'm just saying it reminded me of an old trick I used to use, create a deployable object at the player coordinates and mount the player to it. It was the easiest way to create a small object the sniper and engineer armor classes could use to get into the sky and stay there.

It may be as simple as extending the same class the buildings objects at KSC are based off of.

That could work. I would have to try it out and see.

JS I just want to say your mods, SQUID in particular, are excellent and thank you for taking the time to make them as well as making them available to the public. :)

As a learning experience and because I want to make a mod that would have similarities to SQUID, I attempted to do a bit of debugging for you on the known issue with the large landing strut. I think it is the model that the part is using. If I replace the MU and MBM files in that part folder with the stock counterparts it will work. Also, it will work if the HL_SQUID_Module is added to the stock heavy strut. I do not know how to look at MU and MBM files (yet) so I do not know what specifically is causing them to fail, however I am fairly certain the models are where the issue is.

If you already know this I apologize for repeating known info. Also, this in no way is intended as a push to fix this or anything. This was just me learning about modding in a reverse engineering kinda way and wanted to share with you my findings :)

Thank you for all the great mods!

Thanks for the praise but I am not the maker of these mods. :) I have just become the caretaker of them. HooliganLabs is the maker.

As for your help with debugging I did know that the model was the error but thank you for checking it. :)

Happy to do so. Also if you are interested check out the model reworks and share any projects you do! I love to see what you all make!

I have been giving HL over at Curseforge a look-over. I am downloading a few of them now. As for what I made that is nothing. Still learning the game engine. I have some ideas but that is all they are at the moment. When I do eventually get started on them I would be more than happy to share.

I have been giving HL over at Curseforge a look-over. I am downloading a few of them now. As for what I made that is nothing. Still learning the game engine. I have some ideas but that is all they are at the moment. When I do eventually get started on them I would be more than happy to share.

I'd go on and start with the Airships and the model rework for them. If you use it with the Firespitter mod it should give you some nice and fun results.

Apologies if I have missed this somewhere. The inflatable airship envelopes; is there a way to -deflate- them once they are inflated, so that they are pulled back into their container? Is it just a matter of reducing lift to zero?

Hi JewelShisen

Tried the new parts and like the idea of the hub one, but is it intended that you can only add another one of them on the 2.5m node? When i try to stack a hub on the 1.25m node the hub wont leave the greyed out state (you hear the snap sound but it is not really "in place"). So to say what i see in the .cfg top and bottom nodes work with 1.25m and 2.5m parts, left and right nodes work with 1.25m and 2.5m parts but not another hub connecten on 1.25m node. Hope you can make sense out of my explanation but i dont know how to explain otherwise ^^.

Would be great if the hub would work in all combinations, so that the hubs could connect to other hubs in both axis not just in one.

Edited by Haifi

Hi JewelShisen

Tried the new parts and like the idea of the hub one, but is it intended that you can only add another one of them on the 2.5m node? When i try to stack a hub on the 1.25m node the hub wont leave the greyed out state (you hear the snap sound but it is not really "in place"). So to say what i see in the .cfg top and bottom nodes work with 1.25m and 2.5m parts, left and right nodes work with 1.25m and 2.5m parts but not another hub connecten on 1.25m node. Hope you can make sense out of my explanation but i dont know how to explain otherwise ^^.

Would be great if the hub would work in all combinations, so that the hubs could connect to other hubs in both axis not just in one.

As far as I have seen what you are looking for is not possible. I don't know why it is set up this way but only the last two nodes listing in the cfg allow you to attach a new part. So I other than making two parts at once I don't have a solution to the problem.

Apologies if I have missed this somewhere. The inflatable airship envelopes; is there a way to -deflate- them once they are inflated, so that they are pulled back into their container? Is it just a matter of reducing lift to zero?

The Una, Ray and Cirrus ones will fold back up when you reduce lift to zero. The Cirrus ones are rather bulky in either state.

Hey mate.

I made configs for A and B hub parts, now it works like a charm. If you intend to add the prototypes to the next version i would recommend you to do the same, you get much more versatility if you can add on both stacks.

Anyway, good job on bringing this mod forward!

Best regards

Assuming this mod is still being developed, what with the last post's date and such, I suggest a sort of "shaped part" similar to the K-101 airship mod back in v0.14.

It is still being updated and developed. Planning new texture and adapter parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds interesting, but I have some questions ^^...

Cargo bay as in hollow float body? With no or less buoyancy? Or something you can attach to a float body? With Cargo bay doors on one or more sides (left-right vs. top or bottom).

Sounds interesting, but I have some questions ^^...

Cargo bay as in hollow float body? With no or less buoyancy? Or something you can attach to a float body? With Cargo bay doors on one or more sides (left-right vs. top or bottom).

I plan to try and make one with only about 10% of the lift but that opens on both sides to allow for hiding various things.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.