[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Is there any way to restore the simple hover, increase altitude, and decrease altitude functions with just the stock toolbar code?

Sadly I am not able to alter the code as i am still VERY new to the coding. What I do know is that the Toolbar dependency had to be hardcoded into the mod. Not what I prefer but it was what had to be done. I will talk to the coder and see what can be done.

New update for toolbar, maybe this will fix things!

Update: Maybe not.

Here's hoping it's not too difficult to fix for 0.90..

I also think the airship parts are some of the more original parts in KSP, keep up the good work with them!

Alright so I have let the guy doing the coding know about the problem and he is going to get to work on it. However with it being so close to Christmas please be patient with it. I don't know how long it will take him to fix it or if he can fix it before the new year.

Alright so I have let the guy doing the coding know about the problem and he is going to get to work on it. However with it being so close to Christmas please be patient with it. I don't know how long it will take him to fix it or if he can fix it before the new year.

Nobody needs an airship so badly that you or a coder need to preempt Christmas celebrations. Even my 'flying' Eve rover (the SS Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang) can stay parked in orbit. :)

Be merry and celebratory!

Nobody needs an airship so badly that you or a coder need to preempt Christmas celebrations.

Dude! What if Santa needs it! The sleigh could break down again and...

WHO HERE HAS SANTA'S NUMBER?

Edit: I have some time today, so I threw this into VS, and I think I found the problem. I need to run to the bank, but I'll try to get it working when I get back.

Edit Again: Okay, I've fixed it. I'm gathering it all up and I need to read the license to see if I can just post it here or if I need to send it to the maintainer first. 5 minutes maybe. brb

Final Edit:

Okay, there was no license document in the zip, but CurseForge showed the MIT License, so I took the liberty of copying that into a license document and rebundling everything. The included toolbar version is the latest one (1.7.8), copied directly from Blizzy's link.

The problem was that KSP 0.9 has apparently removed Part.uid, which HLA was using to create an ID for the GUI window. I replaced it with Part.flightID, which is a similar value, but is persistent, where .uid was re-generated every time the scene changed. The behavior should be corrected, but I only did a preliminary test, just hovering a few meters over the launchpad. More testing is advised, especially around scene changes and saves.

In any case, I'm uploading this temporarily to filedropper. JewelShisen, if you decide you'd like to adopt this, please feel free to download and re-host it, or pass it by your coder or whatever.

~link updated~

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05000925397382543923

I don't know how long filedropper hosts things for, but I believe the time is limited. I'll keep a copy in my local archive just in case.

Merry Christmas, all. :)

(I'll check in here until I get word of adoption/no-go from JS. If there's any problems with it I'll try to look them over.)

Edited by Khatharr

Edit: I have some time today, so I threw this into VS, and I think I found the problem. I need to run to the bank, but I'll try to get it working when I get back.

Edit Again: Okay, I've fixed it. I'm gathering it all up and I need to read the license to see if I can just post it here or if I need to send it to the maintainer first. 5 minutes maybe. brb

Final Edit:

Okay, there was no license document in the zip, but CurseForge showed the MIT License, so I took the liberty of copying that into a license document and rebundling everything. The included toolbar version is the latest one (1.7.8), copied directly from Blizzy's link.

The problem was that KSP 0.9 has apparently removed Part.uid, which HLA was using to create an ID for the GUI window. I replaced it with Part.flightID, which is a similar value, but is persistent, where .uid was re-generated every time the scene changed. The behavior should be corrected, but I only did a preliminary test, just hovering a few meters over the launchpad. More testing is advised, especially around scene changes and saves.

In any case, I'm uploading this temporarily to filedropper. JewelShisen, if you decide you'd like to adopt this, please feel free to download and re-host it, or pass it by your coder or whatever.

http://www.filedropper.com/hooliganlabsv301

I don't know how long filedropper hosts things for, but I believe the time is limited. I'll keep a copy in my local archive just in case.

(I'll check in here until I get word of adoption/no-go from JS. If there's any problems with it I'll try to look them over.)

ALLELUJAH IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

You sir, deserve a heaping of REP!

It has some issues deciding whether or not to open and close the window if you switch between air-equipped craft. I strapped an envelope and some RCS on a pod and moved it to the runway, then launched a second one and went over to it. It seems to only want to allow the window to be opened or closed by the one I launched second. The actual window controls work fine for both craft, though. (This is one of the potential bugs I was worried about.)

If I have time tomorrow I'll look at it again.

Edit: Actually, I checked 0.25 and the same problem existed there. It's not really a breaking issue, so I'll leave it be. Everything else seems to be functioning correctly, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Khatharr

Final Edit:

http://www.filedropper.com/hooliganlabsv301

Alright then~ I've grabbed your update to the code and so long as it checks out on my end it will be adopted and I will update the file hosted on Curse.

As far as the license goes it is, for now, kept under the MIT License that allows anybody to copy and edit the code. However when the new year comes I will be changing that. But thank you for looking into it and patching it for now!

Alright then~ I've grabbed your update to the code and so long as it checks out on my end it will be adopted and I will update the file hosted on Curse.

As far as the license goes it is, for now, kept under the MIT License that allows anybody to copy and edit the code. However when the new year comes I will be changing that. But thank you for looking into it and patching it for now!

Okey doke. I remembered that I added some Debug.Log() calls while I was looking at it, and I forgot to remove them. They all include the string "HLA:", and are in the form "entering ..." and "exiting ..." within the method that they name. Those lines can be safely removed. I was only using those to see where the exception was being thrown from.

Hey, love the mod (I got it once I saw this video, basically need to make a HAVOC for EVE

)but there seems to be a bug with it that prevents me from reverting flight as long as the balloon is attached to the vessel (ejecting it fixes the problem) and as well it makes the internal model of a cockpit sit in the bottom of the VAB / SPH / launch pad and it does not move, even with the rocket. This seems to affect EVA. I assume it is this mod causing said problems as all other mods have been tested and the problem only appears with ships that have airship parts on them and removing it 100% fixes the issue, I know it could possibly be a conflict with another mod conflicting with HL but I could not see anything obvious. Any suggestions?

Hey, love the mod (I got it once I saw this video, basically need to make a HAVOC for EVE
)but there seems to be a bug with it that prevents me from reverting flight as long as the balloon is attached to the vessel (ejecting it fixes the problem) and as well it makes the internal model of a cockpit sit in the bottom of the VAB / SPH / launch pad and it does not move, even with the rocket. This seems to affect EVA. I assume it is this mod causing said problems as all other mods have been tested and the problem only appears with ships that have airship parts on them and removing it 100% fixes the issue, I know it could possibly be a conflict with another mod conflicting with HL but I could not see anything obvious. Any suggestions?

What KSP version are you using, what architecture (x86 v x64), what version of this mod, and what other mods are you using?

Does the problem persist if you remove all other mods?

What KSP version are you using, what architecture (x86 v x64), what version of this mod, and what other mods are you using?

Does the problem persist if you remove all other mods?

Indeed these are the things I need to know. HLA shouldn't be touching IVAs at all as the plugin code for it doesn't have anything to do with them. Also the failure to leave flight is not a bug if the ship is not landed. If it is airborn then that is a stock KSP thing and is not something I am willing (yet) to have this mod override. If it is, however, refusing do so even when landed then that is a bug.

My mod list is....extensive to say the least. The second bug I think was being caused by an outdated plugin somewhere, as I saw it once I uninstalled your mod. I also realized after that I had a few versions of firespitter sitting around so that may have been the issue, just it was odd that it only affected the balloons. I will give it another go and see if I can get it working, if not I will take more details of the problem / mod list and send you a PM. My main guess right now is that it was a problem with toolbar.

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an airship packed up very small, and to open it up at another planet?

Sorry if this was mentioned, I didn't want to go through 67 pages to see if this was possible.

This article sparked my interest:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/23/tech/innovation/tomorrow-transformed-venus-blimp-city/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an airship packed up very small, and to open it up at another planet?

Sorry if this was mentioned, I didn't want to go through 67 pages to see if this was possible.

This article sparked my interest:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/23/tech/innovation/tomorrow-transformed-venus-blimp-city/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the input and once the new year is started I am going to look into trying to make a few inflatable ones that will fit for both small and large ships. Honestly I love the look of the current ones but they just don't fit on the rockets in any way that looks really good.

It already *is* in the repository, it is just not compatible with 0.90, therefore (assuming your game is 0.90), CKAN will not show it to you.
Hmm. I thought I saw this mod in the incompatible list in CKAN for 0.90, but now I can't find it at all. Any chance of getting it added to the repository?

Actually this shouldn't BE in CKAN as I never gave them permission to add it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.