[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Just now, Krakatoa said:

That could be pretty cool.  Maybe EC's black lines can have a certain jagged lightning-ness? Mostly black with caution-tape yellow/black striping along the edges could be the thing for Ore.

Give me a second and let me try making those.

33 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

That could be pretty cool.  Maybe EC's black lines can have a certain jagged lightning-ness? Mostly black with caution-tape yellow/black striping along the edges could be the thing for Ore.

How about this?

XBFPApK.png

Just now, Krakatoa said:

Definitely gives the feeling more. Not sure how I feel with the yellow on white, but I'm sure there's a way to make it work, even if just some sort of border before the yellow.

It's actually a pale gray but I could add in something like a black border. Or perhaps just make it black and yellow.

3 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

It's actually a pale gray but I could add in something like a black border. Or perhaps just make it black and yellow.

Totally my personal taste, but I'd prefer black and yellow for the battery.  I was thinking slightly greyer or black as well before the yellow, something to buffer the transition, if you stay with the pale grey.

2 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

These more final versions are so much better!  Grats on nearing a next step with your mod.

Glad you like them! The LF tank holds 90 units, the LFO has 45 LF and 55 Oxi, and the Ore tank will be able to hold 150 units. The Batt pack also holds 4000 EC.

1 hour ago, JewelShisen said:

Actually the balloon grey is from a lack of any texture on them

I do like the idea of having the tanks look like decals on the balloon texture, whatever that texture winds up being.

I seem to have a problem with the Ray and Una inflatable parachutes.This happens every time I use them: A wobble that becomes a deadly spin and ends up flinging the craft into the ground at up to 30 km/s. The rest of the mod has worked fine in all my testing and learning, no death spins as far as the eye can see.

This is running in 1.2.2 with the 1.2.2 version of this mod, alongside RealismOverhaul and the accompanying mods (including FAR).

Am I just airshipping wrong or is there a problem with the mods?

8 hours ago, spraymon said:

I seem to have a problem with the Ray and Una inflatable parachutes.This happens every time I use them: A wobble that becomes a deadly spin and ends up flinging the craft into the ground at up to 30 km/s. The rest of the mod has worked fine in all my testing and learning, no death spins as far as the eye can see.

This is running in 1.2.2 with the 1.2.2 version of this mod, alongside RealismOverhaul and the accompanying mods (including FAR).

Am I just airshipping wrong or is there a problem with the mods?

Yea not even two seconds in and I already know the issue. You need a GOOD chunk of mass under those. They produce a LOT of lift so make sure your 'cargo' has a good bit of mass to it or else the game is going to be dealing with the parachute CoM being the same as the vessel and that makes for that happening. Try adding a filled Ore container under it and see how it works.

18 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Yea not even two seconds in and I already know the issue. You need a GOOD chunk of mass under those. They produce a LOT of lift so make sure your 'cargo' has a good bit of mass to it or else the game is going to be dealing with the parachute CoM being the same as the vessel and that makes for that happening. Try adding a filled Ore container under it and see how it works.

I've got a simlar question,

Putting Ray or Una on ship that's not inside a fairing, causes the rocket to flip out at fairly high altitude.  

I've tried reducing the drag in the cfg file and I've looked over the code but can't find an answer. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks

GEH

• 3 weeks later...

Question. how do i "leave" an air ship once iv set it off......i can build a nice little floating station and keep it up high but....I never get the option to leave the ship and go back to the space center unless i revert.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.