[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

I just loaded it up with FAR installed, the bigger envelopes (Octo and Hecto) are pretty bad due to drag, but the end cap is AWESOME!

Lol. Well i am planning to change the airship parts soon to make them a bit more uniform in size. I need to find out if FAR does drag based on the mesh or if it uses the collision box.

Lol. Well i am planning to change the airship parts soon to make them a bit more uniform in size. I need to find out if FAR does drag based on the mesh or if it uses the collision box.

From what I've seen, it feels more like it does it off the mesh (Hence its issues with things that fold up)

The SQUID legs (The heavy ones at least) don't have the gear action group assigned automatically.

That is... ODD... Especially as they are mostly just edits of the stock cfg files... Let me take a look at the cfg and see what I find

HL_SQUID_Leg is missing ModuleLandingLeg.

Edit: And as these are mostly just stock legs with retextures (at least visually), perhaps you could define the meshes as the ones in the Squad folder and avoid the duplication. Just a thought.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Can you re-upload them somewhere other than Curse? I refuse to support that website. Having a mirror on mediafire or similar is best anyways.

I may put them up mirrored through adfly. Barring that I will keep mirrored versions on my Dropbox

I love these mods, but, well, the giant HL symbol on the airship envelopes tends to break my immersion in the game. Are there any alternate textures with just the envelope skin, no label or symbol? I remember there being one well before 0.20, but I can't find it now.

I love these mods, but, well, the giant HL symbol on the airship envelopes tends to break my immersion in the game. Are there any alternate textures with just the envelope skin, no label or symbol? I remember there being one well before 0.20, but I can't find it now.

Currently no. As for removing it completely? That won't happen for one reason: It is my show of respect to Hooligan Labs as the maker of these amazing mods. However if I can I plan to reduce the logo in size and perhaps move it so that it is not quite so breaking.

Someone annoyed by corporate logo's? I'm usually against them but I don't mind in a smallish modding community where the logo is on a small handful of parts. Hooligan Labs made these originally and that should be saved.

Someone annoyed by corporate logo's? I'm usually against them but I don't mind in a smallish modding community where the logo is on a small handful of parts. Hooligan Labs made these originally and that should be saved.

Exactly. Even if I replaced every part in here with my own models and textures I would keep his logo on them in some way as tribute and respect for the work he put into the plugin and for making the mod originally.

Check out how they test parachutes too large for wind tunnels.

Lift with a helicopter to 1KM, let go and pull at 90 degrees around a pulley with a winch until it inflates then light the rocket to yank down really hard on the chute.

Testing to come on the chutes and inflatables will be done at stratosphere altitude to match the density of Mars atmosphere.

I bet the DR users would love the inflatable shield. It wouldn't need any buoyancy, just a drag addition.

Check out how they test parachutes too large for wind tunnels.

Lift with a helicopter to 1KM, let go and pull at 90 degrees around a pulley with a winch until it inflates then light the rocket to yank down really hard on the chute.

Testing to come on the chutes and inflatables will be done at stratosphere altitude to match the density of Mars atmosphere.

I bet the DR users would love the inflatable shield. It wouldn't need any buoyancy, just a drag addition.

Exactly. I may look into it soon for a new part to add. Perhaps I could give it JUST enough lift to be able to cancel it's own mass

Exactly. Even if I replaced every part in here with my own models and textures I would keep his logo on them in some way as tribute and respect for the work he put into the plugin and for making the mod originally.

Fair enough. I was able to edit the texture myself to remove it, and I only needed it gone from one part, anyway. I'm using KSP screens for an RP, and it would break character, though I can hide it on all but the Death Star envelope.

I'd keep it there otherwise, but it clashed with the RP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.