[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I thin it was actually the Unity update in 1.8.0.. at least that was when many other mods had the issue start showing up. vOv

So I did some testing and it's an error being tossed out by ANY Hooligan Labs parts with textures. No idea as to why that is yet...

10 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

So I did some testing and it's an error being tossed out by ANY Hooligan Labs parts with textures. No idea as to why that is yet...

Just off the cuff, the textures arent in DXT3 dds format, are they? I thin it was 1.8.0 where Unity dropped DXT3 support, and all dds have to be either DXT1 or DXT5... vOv
If youre not sure, just chec the KSP.log... there will be [WARNING] messages about the textures if they are DXT3

EDIT: Oh... I see... do you all mean the pin square that appears on the center floor of the hangars?
I just installed HL to poke this... I get the pin square appear as soon as I select the "Dodec" part... further poking incoming

EDIT2:... ok its *most*, but not all of the parts doing the pin square on the floor of the hangars... even the textureless 15m parts do it...

EDIT3: Instead of adding a wall of text to my post (or me makking moar posts), I logged a couple new Issues to the repo
FYI @JewelShisen

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.   I ran into the pink blob issue like the others.   I looked for "auto level" to turn it on and off to get rid of the pink square and I could not find it.   Where is the auto level located?    Also, i noticed that you cant see out of the windows in the airship gondala 5 mtr, there just grey.   Finally the following parts seem to be just shapes and have no surface image / texture.... there just grey: 

Airship lift core, nose base, nose cap, tall base, and tall cap 

the same problem with attachment mount

is it supposed to look like that or am i doing something wrong?

other than these issues it works great and i'm having fun with your mod!   :)   thanks!

2 hours ago, alf said:

Hi again.   I ran into the pink blob issue like the others.   I looked for "auto level" to turn it on and off to get rid of the pink square and I could not find it.   Where is the auto level located?    Also, i noticed that you cant see out of the windows in the airship gondala 5 mtr, there just grey.   Finally the following parts seem to be just shapes and have no surface image / texture.... there just grey: 

Airship lift core, nose base, nose cap, tall base, and tall cap 

the same problem with attachment mount

is it supposed to look like that or am i doing something wrong?

other than these issues it works great and i'm having fun with your mod!   :)   thanks!

The parts that lack textures are simply that I have not gotten a chance to work on them yet. I am not a very good texture artist so those are going very slowly. Please forgive them.

The internals are not something I have anything to do with, nor do I have control over that, as they are not my parts. They will be getting removed on the next update of the mod.

The toggle you want is called 'Auto Pitch' and it is only once you are in flight. Just turn it on and then back off again and the pink box will vanish. It can be found in the sidebar tab for Hooligan Labs.

• 8 months later...

@JewelShisen

There are a lot of people who would like to get this mod updated.  The license situation is totally messed up, since you changed the original license (not sure if that was legal, but whatever).

There are several good modders who would be willing (including myself) to take this over and update it for the latest version.  The only holdup is your license.  Could you change the license to something more permissive, please? 

MIT would be good since the original mod was MIT licensed, and that would avoid any issues with conflicting licenses.  Other than that, GPLv3 would also be good, along with one of the permissive CC licenses

Please consider the players who are frustrated by the current situation and do something.  

If you don't want to make that decision, you can publicly turn the mod over to another modder with the explicit permission to change the license to whatever he/she would want to use.

Thank you for your consideration 

Linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 5:26 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Most of the ZepKit .mu files are missing, only one in latest download is the ZepMidhull2mtr.mu, along with the png file ZepKit_NRM.png

Also this:

Spaces/AirshipGondolaInt/catbridgeglass.png

If you don't want to support this, I'd be happy to take it over

The ZepKit and Interiors were never my work so I have no control over those being broken or missing. I also have no ability to fix them either.

1 hour ago, JewelShisen said:

The ZepKit and Interiors were never my work so I have no control over those being broken or missing. I also have no ability to fix them either.

Oh, I already got those from an older release

41 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

If anybody wants, I'm putting this back to an MIT licence so if anybody can fix the code I'm happy to keep it hosted.

Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

I'd like to keep hosting it as I'll be able to do some more modeling for it after the new year, so long as somebody can get the code updated.

Hi.  I have a proposition for you: how about splitting the current HLAirships in two , a HLAirships Core with basic assets (like the ones from the initial releases), and then HLAirships "Full Pack", that would have the "Core" as dependency and/or embedded? More or less as it is done with TweakScale and Interstellar Extended. Think the basic assets as the "Reference Implementation" - everything following the Reference Implementation will be guaranteed to work with Core.

This way, everything related to code (and perhaps the basic assets, as they will the assets that will guarantee the HLA will not deviate from specs as time goes by) will go to the Core repo, freeing you from handling them. You can distribute the Core embedded when you release the "Full Pack" (as it's done by Interstellar Extended about TweakScale) and the users will always be able to update Core by themselves using CKAN or CurseForge (or even manually) between your releases (as it happens to TweakScale on Interstellar).

Edited by Lisias
tyops as usulla...

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When can we expect a 1.12 release?

That was in 1.12 actually. It still works, amazingly.

Also, Lisias is the one to ask about a code update. Once I am home from work I will be updating the OP to reflect their status as the one handling the plugin.

Edited by JewelShisen

https://imgur.com/a/bWN5KEB

Testing the Drone Blimp parts out a bit more in 1.12~ Might have to see about either upping the battery charge or adding an RTG unit. But that will come after I finish working on the node engines and make the first SCIENCE part for HL Airships!

Edited by JewelShisen

Making a balance pass on the drone parts tonight. Looking to give them a somewhat more realistic set of configs as well as a 'kerbal' set.

Looking for input to what you feel is a good max altitude for the Drone Blimp parts without load. 

Edited by JewelShisen

• 3 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 9:59 AM, JewelShisen said:

Making a balance pass on the drone parts tonight. Looking to give them a somewhat more realistic set of configs as well as a 'kerbal' set.

Looking for input to what you feel is a good max altitude for the Drone Blimp parts without load. 

Are you working on this at all?

@Lisias any status on this?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you working on this at all?

@Lisias any status on this?

I have a fully operational MIT compliant release, waiting for authorisation to go ahead (as I need the authorisation to relicense the thing to MIT). It's essentially the assets from the last MIT licensed package, but with the newer code.

It still has a dependency on World Stabiliser, though.

19 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I have a fully operational MIT compliant release, waiting for authorisation to go ahead (as I need the authorisation to relicense the thing to MIT). It's essentially the assets from the last MIT licensed package, but with the newer code.

It still has a dependency on World Stabiliser, though.

Authorization from who? @JewelShisen If he's waiting for you, please respond, I'm waiting for this as well as having been contacted by several people over the past few months about this mod

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.