[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

On 4/20/2022 at 6:11 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Authorization from who? @JewelShisen If he's waiting for you, please respond, I'm waiting for this as well as having been contacted by several people over the past few months about this mod

I think we got a pretty weird misunderstanding, handled on PVT.

TL;DR: by some crossed-wiring on the communication, it was my understanding that I should wait for his agreement on a release before releasing the thing on MIT (Expat), and apparently it was his understanding that I would first release something working on KSP 1.12.

So we ended up in a dead-lock - it's probably my fault. :blush:

I'm cherry-picking the commits from the private repository into the public, double checking everything (again - something always is left behind, no exception this time) and by this Saturday an Experimental release will be published.

Announce!

Hooligan Labs Airships Core is available in early access :) on this thread.

Hooligan Labs Airships CORE is a joint initiative from @JewelShisen and @Lisias to push Hooligan Labs Airships ahead while maintaining compatibility with KSP from 1.3.x era to nowadays (or providing an additional package for such, if needed).Core will be in charge of the Plugin Development and a minimal set of assets (the ones from the 3.0.0.0 release). Everything else will be available only on the full package, to be distributed on this thread

Spoiler

164951642-470e5850-390f-4f61-bfba-ab98cf

Change Log:

• Enhanced TweakScale Support
  • Part fixing
    • bulkheadProfiles on the parts
    • descriptions
    • AirshipCap texture now on the right orientation!
  • Code
    • Better resilience on some key features
    • Somewhat better KSP 1.12.x survivability
    • Small improvements on the PAW
  • Caveats
    • Some parts (temporarily) deactivated on KSP 1.12.x
    • Some parts needs World Stabiliser on [1.4.0 <= KSP <= 1.11.3]
    • See Issue #2 for details 
  • Compatibility extended down to KSP 1.3.1!!! #HURRAY!!
  • Cleaning up the distribution from ARR artefacts
    • Only parts and assets derived from the last known MIT release, HooliganLabsAirships-3.0.0, are available from now on Core.
    • Full assets will be available when downloading the full package from Hooligan Labs Mods.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Core Release Candidate 7.0.0.2 was published for the early adopters!

165322393-482b783b-0c08-40c8-aa1a-d593c6

Edited by Lisias

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 9:58 AM, JewelShisen said:

Just a small notice that the HL Airships mod is returning to full MIT license with the release of HLAirshipsCore by Lisias.

That's pretty awesome, because I've been wanting to poke around under the hood for a while and look at the guts of how HL does balance and buoyancy. Thanks for putting an MIT license back on it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you add to CKAN???  The older version is still there, but only good to 1.11

I submitted the request to CKAN to have it added the same day that it went on Spacedock. It is their problem if it's not added now. The old version shouldn't have ever been on CKAN either as I never gave permission for it.

4 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

I submitted the request to CKAN to have it added the same day that it went on Spacedock. It is their problem if it's not added now. The old version shouldn't have ever been on CKAN either as I never gave permission for it.

Ok, I'll follow up with them.  Usually if it doesn't get added quickly, it means there is a problem

1 hour ago, JewelShisen said:

Can you ask them who approved the old version being added against my wishes?

I looked into this. In May 2015 (2+ years before I joined CKAN), CKAN received this auto-generated pull request from SpaceDock, requesting that this mod be added to CKAN:

These pull requests were generated when the author clicks the "Add to CKAN" checkbox on KS (the pre-SpaceDock web site we can no longer name here). So the available evidence points to that having been done by you at that time. Usually if a mod author checks the "Add to CKAN" checkbox, that is treated as a request to add the mod to CKAN.

6 days later, some team members who are no longer active today worked on adding it here (would have been simpler to finish it up in #1200, but not everybody knows how to do that):

"to save JewelShisen the effort" sounds a bit like there was some communication with you at that time, but that's just a guess. It could also just be a reference to #1200 and the Add to CKAN checkbox.

Edited by HebaruSan

7 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I looked into this. In May 2015 (2+ years before I joined CKAN), CKAN received this auto-generated pull request from SpaceDock, requesting that this mod be added to CKAN:

These pull requests were generated when the author clicks the "Add to CKAN" checkbox on KS (the pre-SpaceDock web site we can no longer name here). So the available evidence points to that having been done by you at that time. Usually if a mod author checks the "Add to CKAN" checkbox, that is treated as a request to add the mod to CKAN.

6 days later, some team members who are no longer active today worked on adding it here (would have been simpler to finish it up in #1200, but not everybody knows how to do that):

"to save JewelShisen the effort" sounds a bit like there was some communication with you at that time, but that's just a guess. It could also just be a reference to #1200 and the Add to CKAN checkbox.

Yea I can tell you now, that it was against my wishes and without any talk with me as I have been very open about my opinions of CKAN (no offense) since it was created.

3 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Yea I can tell you now, that it was against my wishes and without any talk with me as I have been very open about my opinions of CKAN (no offense) since it was created.

It appears that the team members back then did not know that and were simply reacting in good faith to the arrival of a pull request from you asking for it to be added.

7 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

have been very open about my opinions of CKAN (no offense) since it was created.

I understand and am very aware of some of the issues which happened with CKAN many years ago.  However, those have been resolved and it's working very well now.

I'm curious why you still don't like CKAN?  I won't be offended if you don't want to answer.

I have all my mods indexed with CKAN (except 1 which can't be installed due to certain requirements) and, except when I make a mistake, it installs them perfectly well.  That's over 270 mods, so I think I have a bit of experience with it.

Also, I regularly install over 200 mods into local games with CKAN, and it doesn't have any issues

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I understand and am very aware of some of the issues which happened with CKAN many years ago.  However, those have been resolved and it's working very well now.

I'm curious why you still don't like CKAN?  I won't be offended if you don't want to answer.

I have all my mods indexed with CKAN (except 1 which can't be installed due to certain requirements) and, except when I make a mistake, it installs them perfectly well.  That's over 270 mods, so I think I have a bit of experience with it.

Also, I regularly install over 200 mods into local games with CKAN, and it doesn't have any issues

I've stated my issues in the past and I don't feel like pulling out that broken record again. I'm indexing it to shut up the people that nag me about it and that is all.

11 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

It appears that the team members back then did not know that and were simply reacting in good faith to the arrival of a pull request from you asking for it to be added.

What's done is done and I doubt it will be undone even if I asked so honestly I am washing my hands of it.

16 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

I've stated my issues in the past and I don't feel like pulling out that broken record again. I'm indexing it to shut up the people that nag me about it and that is all.

It's been long time since you mentioned, I went back and read it.  While I disagree, you are entitled to your opinion.  

Thank you for allowing it to be indexed via CKAN, and I won't bring it up again

On 8/2/2022 at 5:45 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you add to CKAN???  The older version is still there, but only good to 1.11

The new update should be on there now.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:30 PM, JewelShisen said:

I doubt it will be undone even if I asked

That changed in 2016 when @politas took over. For example:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.