[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Generally that already works great on many KSP planets. Specifically for that design, I thought about doing a side deploying design like that. In my experience importing size changing shape keys from Blender (which is how everything is currently animated) into Unity isn't very good. It took about 10 tries to make the Cirrus expand anything like how I intended. Jewel has the right idea with doing animation in Unity, I think that would allow for much more flexibility.

Generally that already works great on many KSP planets. Specifically for that design, I thought about doing a side deploying design like that. In my experience importing size changing shape keys from Blender (which is how everything is currently animated) into Unity isn't very good. It took about 10 tries to make the Cirrus expand anything like how I intended. Jewel has the right idea with doing animation in Unity, I think that would allow for much more flexibility.

Indeed. But first I need to fix the drag, make heatshields, and rebalance lift values.

*raises hand* Uhm, I don't see a GUI anywhere for HL Airships... where should I be looking?

Currently you have to also install Toolbar Mod to use the airships. It's not what I would prefer but for now that is what is needed.

That inflatable aerobrake/heat shield NASA has been testing would be excellent for this mod.

That would be a cool idea but I need to figure out how to get Unity to either do animations internally or how to stop the animations from looping.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.