[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Behold!! Kerbin's biggest largest flying framerate killer ever build!!

the KZ-129

Kindenburg!

screenshot19_zps3sfhdhsr.jpg

Thanks for supplying a gas pocket!

screenshot23_zpsmlunyc06.jpg

Cruizing at 1/4 fps!

screenshot28_zpsgwrngkid.jpg

Routine standard average landing

screenshot15_zpsdfjwv2cl.jpg

Give me a PM if you want the craft file! I challenge you to run this at above 10fps and make a video with it :D..

Ciao!

Rico

Edited by Ricovandijk

Behold!! Kerbin's biggest largest flying framerate killer ever build!!

the KZ-129

Kindenburg!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/Ricovandijk/Kerbal/screenshot19_zps3sfhdhsr.jpg

Thanks for supplying a gas pocket!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/Ricovandijk/Kerbal/screenshot23_zpsmlunyc06.jpg

Cruizing at 1/4 fps!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/Ricovandijk/Kerbal/screenshot28_zpsgwrngkid.jpg

Routine standard average landing

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/Ricovandijk/Kerbal/screenshot15_zpsdfjwv2cl.jpg

Give me a PM if you want the craft file! I challenge you to run this at above 10fps and make a video with it :D..

Ciao!

Rico

Oh the Humanity!

• 2 weeks later...
is there any way you could integrate the stock toolbar? since it seems like it would require one less mod dependency to actually get the airships to work?

That is my eventual plan. I hope to be able to do that.

How does this hold up in 1.0.4?

I honestly do not know. I have not checked yet.

Please excuse me if I've missed the flippin' obvious somewhere, but is there a set of instructions for how to use the airships somehwere? I'm at a complete loss as to how to make the Cirrus units deploy. I couldn;t find any way to make it deploy by clicking on it, so I tried boosting it into Kerbins upper atmnosphere, thinking perhaps the reduced atmospheric pressure would make it deploy, but it didn;t. What am I missing, please? (NB: these are the first ones I've tried using (first time I;ve tried the Hooligan Labs mod) - I'm just mucking about in a sandbox game in 1.04 for the moment. I've quite a few parts and visual mods, but the atmmosphere is stock, in case that's an issue)

• 2 weeks later...
Please excuse me if I've missed the flippin' obvious somewhere, but is there a set of instructions for how to use the airships somehwere? I'm at a complete loss as to how to make the Cirrus units deploy. I couldn;t find any way to make it deploy by clicking on it, so I tried boosting it into Kerbins upper atmnosphere, thinking perhaps the reduced atmospheric pressure would make it deploy, but it didn;t. What am I missing, please? (NB: these are the first ones I've tried using (first time I;ve tried the Hooligan Labs mod) - I'm just mucking about in a sandbox game in 1.04 for the moment. I've quite a few parts and visual mods, but the atmmosphere is stock, in case that's an issue)

If you don't have the toolbar plugin added, then there are no controls for the airships. But it does screwey things to other buttons on the GUI, so I usually disable the plugin until I want to play with the blimps.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any chance you could get the submarine add-on to work? I'm currently in need of a mod that would allow me to submerge a vessel.

although i hate to move your attention away from hooligan labs i would recommend "fengists maritime pack" they have blisters and stuff to make boats and also compressors and de compressors for ballasts so making a sub isn't that hard but still requires some skill.

other than that.... idk

be warned though. it's still in very early pre-release so it's bound to be buggy and very finicky.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, someone is resurrecting HL's mod.. fantastic! This has always been in the top 3 of my favorite mods in KSP, and I'm so glad to see it get renewed attention. This mod literally buoyed my dream of building a crazy massive airship-based kethane miner/refinery. My only request is, if it's at all possible, to add some kind of auto-balancing system. Multi-envelope crafts have always been super unstable. :/ Anyway, looking forward to what comes out of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok so just a fast update but I may have found someone that can do the upkeep for the mod's plugin!

That will be nice. I want to rebuild my Eve mission to redo it in 1.0.x The two kerbal lander depends on the airbags for liftoff from Eve.

• 2 months later...
On 5-9-2015 at 1:58 PM, Lt Vax said:

Not sure if anyone has posted

but I thought it was a cool idea for a mod so I found here. It's a Gravity Plane :D

LOL, using compressed air to compress air... :D

w00t! 500th post! well actually there where more, but there was this forum f-up some time ago that ate a few hundred posts

Edited by 1of6Billion
500th!

• 5 weeks later...

Alright so just a fast update. I haven't forgotten this mod. I promise. I'm just having difficulty finding somebody that is willing and able to do the plugin coding and seeing as that is the one part of it that needs fixing the most before I can get back to work on the models I am rather at an impasse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.