[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

1 hour ago, Scorpiodude said:

Every time I load this mod the game crashes. I might be installing it incorrectly or have a conflicting mod. Any ideas?

While the maintainer get things tight, you can give a try on this:

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Numberyellow said:

Any chance of a 1.6 update?

Right now I am working on building a new computer (waiting on tax refund), but once that is done I am going to try and dig into the code and start learning it as well as working on updating it.

well, the airships i built were unavailable, due to locked airship parts. so im guessing this did it, since it's the base for the other airship mod i use..

EDIT: OK, strike last, it's NOT this mod causing the problem. it's the Heisenberg airships pack.. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Numberyellow

On 1/14/2019 at 9:47 PM, Krakatoa said:

Did it finally stopped working? I'm still in 1.5.1, and while there are a couple texture issues with the button, it all still works perfectly.

Unlikely. Some other Add'Ons would had stopped working if this was the case - but then, the guy could had fixed it. Look on some of the forked projects (or add'ons that use it as dependence)- at least some of them are working for sure.

— — — POST — — EDIT — — — 

I just tested one of that forks. The DLL is working fine, but some parts have some problem with the colliders (or something similar), are the ship is being jumped to 1.000 meters high on launch.

That big, grey Airship parts appears to be ok. The Airship Envelope ones (that one with the Hooligan Labs logo) as the ones triggering the "jumping event" - perhaps some more does it also, still on test. The buoyancy works fine, by the way - so the DLL is working for sure.

I'm using the latest Module Manager (3.1.3) on 1.6.1, by the way. Need some tests without it.

Edited by Lisias
tasting my own medicine :)

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

Unlikely. Some other mods would had stopped working if this was the case - but then, the guy could had fixed it. Look on some of the forked projects (or add'ons that use it as dependence)- at least some of them are working for sure.

— — — POST — — EDIT — — — 

I just tested one of that forks. The DLL is working fine, but some parts have some problem with the colliders (or something similar), are the ship is being jumped to 1.000 meters high on launch.

That big, grey Airship parts appears to be ok. The Airship Envelope ones (that one with the Hooligan Labs logo) are the ones triggering the "jumping event" - perhaps some more does it also, still on test. The buoyancy works fine, by the way - so the DLL is working for sure.

I'm using the latest Module Manager (3.1.3) on 1.6.1, by the way. Need some tests without it.

Good to hear that the plugin is working at least as well as some of the parts. My laptop is in the process of dying on me sadly or else I would work on a fix tonight!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone asks you about having issues with air feed engines not working with your mod, its an other mod that wasn't working right with this. After I updated a slew of mods, I tried this again and it worked. I'm not sure if it was B9 part, IFS, TweakScale, or Filter Extensions. Of course, I added two mods, so its also possible one of them unbroke it?

• 3 months later...

This mod is exactly what I was looking for! Now I can make the floating Eve base of my dreams!!

I made this awesome airship with hooligan labs and airpark. I was surprised how smooth EVA’s and switching between ships were, especially with Eve’s gravity! 

Here are some pics:

yPpdF5e.jpg

BHlqXa1.jpg

Now all that’s left is for me to find a mod that can let me make underwater bases on Laythe...

18 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

This mod is exactly what I was looking for! Now I can make the floating Eve base of my dreams!!

I made this awesome airship with hooligan labs and airpark. I was surprised how smooth EVA’s and switching between ships were, especially with Eve’s gravity! 

Beautiful photos! I love it! :D

Now all that’s left is for me to find a mod that can let me make underwater bases on Laythe...

A long time ago, I did make a mod that allowed underwater travel in KSP. It wasn't very good because KSP did not have anything under water, and stuff would simply crash the game under a certain depth.

Some time after that, KSP rolled out an update which changed buoyancy and allowed stock subs. But I feel that has been rolled back quietly in some update after that - everything floats again. Not sure of the status now.

19 minutes ago, Hooligan Labs said:

Beautiful photos! I love it! :D

A long time ago, I did make a mod that allowed underwater travel in KSP. It wasn't very good because KSP did not have anything under water, and stuff would simply crash the game under a certain depth.

Some time after that, KSP rolled out an update which changed buoyancy and allowed stock subs. But I feel that has been rolled back quietly in some update after that - everything floats again. Not sure of the status now.

Still doable. I built a ballast system into Wild Blue Tools that cheats and changes part buoyancy as the part takes on ballast. Works like a charm. :) 

@JewelShisen Are you planning to update Hooligan Labs after KSP 1.8 is released? Apparently there is a Unity version update in the next KSP, and it might require a recompile of the plugin.

14 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

It may not have been updated in a long time, but it still works in 1.7.3 I assure you :)

when I download it it didn't show any parts or menu cuz I got the hesienbrug mod with the hoolgin mod it didn't show any hover menu just airpark menu is there anything I did wrong??;.;

Edited by steampunk kerbal enginer

9 hours ago, steampunk kerbal enginer said:

when I download it it didn't show any parts or menu cuz I got the hesienbrug mod with the hoolgin mod it didn't show any hover menu just airpark menu is there anything I did wrong??;.;

Check how you installed it. HooliganLabs needs to go straight in GameData,  but Heisenberg goes within WildBlueIndustries.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.