[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

so, friendly recommendations:

1) You should find a way to eliminate confusion as to the latest version of airships and other mods that you re-release (HL's last version was 2.2.0, your latest as of now is 1.2), this will cause confusion as the only other difference is the way the file is named and it does not denote any special change (such as change of ownership) besides Spaceport's month/year insert, I recommend that you start where he left off (if not 2.2.1, then 2.3.0);

2) There needs to be better interlinking of old and new Spaceport and Forum sites, so as to give mod users an idea of which one is currently valid, add a few lines describing the situation, with links to both the old forum and spaceport pages, stating specifically that they are the old ones, then add a link to your forum in your spaceport page, also try to contact HL to see if he can edit his first forum post to put your sites in there, at least your forum link;

3) Thank you very much for continuing the support of this mod set, I guarantee you that it is very much appreciated, thank you.

:)

Edited by Benzschwagel

Alright so here is the thing. I've been looking at the drone and working to add engines to it but have hit one big issue. If I make it all as one unit it will be difficult if not impossible to give it twin engines and still keep the CoM and CoT aligned. So I have decided to make it into a four part balloon: A Float Core, Science Nose, Power Core in the Tail, and separate engines. So it will end up in five pieces but just four parts added to the game.

Alright so here is the thing. I've been looking at the drone and working to add engines to it but have hit one big issue. If I make it all as one unit it will be difficult if not impossible to give it twin engines and still keep the CoM and CoT aligned. So I have decided to make it into a four part balloon: A Float Core, Science Nose, Power Core in the Tail, and separate engines. So it will end up in five pieces but just four parts added to the game.

That sounds fine. Will the drone be able to generate power itself?

Alright So I almost have the part done for a new Probe sized Airship Envelope. I have the model complete, just need to get the nodes placed right.

In other news the Drone Blimp is on hold until I can figure out how to do engines in Unity.

Are you referring to the nodes for the thrust?

L

So I am finishing the Drone Airship as well as the probe sized Air Envelope and need a beta tester or two.

Also with the new crew system built into the game I will not be updating HL's mod that filled your ship with crew as that is now obsolete.

Great news. I'm more than willing to test in the morning (eastern standard time)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.