[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

9 hours ago, ARS said:

Uuuum... I'm new with this kind of mod (hovering balloon and airships). Can I ask how to operate the blimp correctly? It's somehow taking off nose-first and it flew straight upward like a missile at mach 1 instead of hovering slowly when I increase the buoyancy. Can I have a guideline how to operate this? Thanks

Ok so first you want to make sure that your 'payload', meaning anything that is not giving lift, is right near the center of your airship. That will help with the balance for starters.

lKy6HFv.jpg

With the new update to the systems of the Airship fleet, it was decided that a test flight was needed for the newest airship to enter the fleet. So it was decided that, in order to avoid the test taking too long, the ship would be flown out to the island airfield as it's trial flight.

6ODOWHJ.jpg

With the maiden flight of the new HL Airship complete, the crew checks their fuel reserves and decides to enjoy a little bit of a celebration before heading back to the KSC and all the paperwork that awaits them.

Edited by JewelShisen

Working on a new 0.625m set of Airship parts that should be perfect for use on Duna or for quick and cheap science gathering on Eve, Laythe, Jool, or Kerbin.

EDIT: Well they are looking more like they will be 1.25m parts but that's still tiny!

Edited by JewelShisen

I just installed the Mod and running in Career mode.

I went into the SPH and started trying to assemble a basic HL airship but finding most of the parts will not snap into the nodes.

I began using the Gondola and tried adding flotation but the parts don't snap into place???

Any suggestions? 

11 hours ago, Tuko said:

I just installed the Mod and running in Career mode.

I went into the SPH and started trying to assemble a basic HL airship but finding most of the parts will not snap into the nodes.

I began using the Gondola and tried adding flotation but the parts don't snap into place???

Any suggestions? 

Can you get me a screenshot?

@JewelShisen Hi, just grabbed the latest HL download  and I see that the updated parts I sent on in Jan have not been added this explains the difficulty mentioned by @Tuko

Sadly there is no easy fix for those already parts ,  aside having the updated parts which  specifically  deal with those connection issues and a load of other issues raised over time  The whole collection of 1.3 HLA  related updates can be found here  HLAirships

Cheers

10 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@JewelShisen Hi, just grabbed the latest HL download  and I see that the updated parts I sent on in Jan have not been added this explains the difficulty mentioned by @Tuko

Sadly there is no easy fix for those already parts ,  aside having the updated parts which  specifically  deal with those connection issues and a load of other issues raised over time  The whole collection of 1.3 HLA  related updates can be found here  HLAirships

Cheers

Ah! My bad then! I will grab those and push an update in the next few hours then!

5 hours ago, NyaN200 said:

I would still like to know if there is any chance the submarine mod will return? You were the guy that created the last one right?

@Fengist made the submarine mod. I looked at submersible aircraft carriers at one point.. I'd love to see how ballast control is managed, I have submarine parts to make for the Buffalo.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

@Fengist made the submarine mod. I looked at submersible aircraft carriers at one point.. I'd love to see how ballast control is managed, I have submarine parts to make for the Buffalo.

Hooligan Labs also once had submarine parts and a plugin. I want to revive it but need to find time to learn programming.

9 hours ago, NyaN200 said:

I would still like to know if there is any chance the submarine mod will return? You were the guy that created the last one right?

I could never get hooligan's submarines to work.  Not to steal Jewel's thunder but heres links to the two mods that I have and both have submarines.

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

There is a parts pack out there for airships, that uses this mod.  The guy made an aircraft carrier flight deck for the airship.  Coincidentally, he discovered it fit perfectly on the subs I have in Maritime Pack.

Edited by Fengist

10 minutes ago, Fengist said:

There is a parts pack out there for airships, that uses this mod.  The guy made an aircraft carrier flight deck for the airship.  Coincidentally, he discovered it fit perfectly on the subs I have in Maritime Pack.

A flying aircraft carrier? Wow! I should buy that guy dinner sometime, that sounds like a cool mod. :wink:

Hi, I originally wrote the submarine mod before they changed water physics to be more realistic. I would recommend another mod that has updated since. I think those links would work, and Scott Manley or similar may have videos demonstrating if you search YouTube.

Update on the Probe Parts Pack I am working on:

So I decided to change it up a bit and make it so you can use the lift body part without needing the lower hull, allowing you to make small airships that will have a flat area for attaching things like cargo boxes or spare fuel tanks.

Next I am working on making other versions of the lower section that will be for various resources, including LFO, LF, Ore, EC, and I intend to add in ones to support Life Support mods as well as they are simple config file edits.

1 hour ago, JewelShisen said:

So I need some feedback from everybody now.

What do you think about me using this for the colors on the new Micro Airship Parts?

-Snip-

I feel like it'd be cool if you could follow stock coloring conventions at least for Ore and EC, like yellow/black striped with a high voltage symbol or two for the EC and the rugged black for Ore.  Don't have much input on the others, other than stock seems to be more-or-less flat for LF and that color plus an accent for LF/O, so might be something to think about.  I like the red/white combo in general, so long as it doesn't become a barber pole or candy cane.

Just now, Krakatoa said:

I feel like it'd be cool if you could follow stock coloring conventions at least for Ore and EC, like yellow/black striped with a high voltage symbol or two for the EC and the rugged black for Ore.  Don't have much input on the others, other than stock seems to be more-or-less flat for LF and that color plus an accent for LF/O, so might be something to think about.  I like the red/white combo in general, so long as it doesn't become a barber pole or candy cane.

Well if you stack two of them they look like one of those old starlight mints~ XD But no I don't plan on doing any silly patterns. Right now I am just getting them a color scheme so that players can tell them apart at a glance.

1 minute ago, JewelShisen said:

Well if you stack two of them they look like one of those old starlight mints~ XD But no I don't plan on doing any silly patterns. Right now I am just getting them a color scheme so that players can tell them apart at a glance.

*nod* Makes sense.  Could be color settings on my monitor, but Ore and LFO look like very nearly the same color, so might not meet the at-a-glance requirement.

Just now, Krakatoa said:

*nod* Makes sense.  Could be color settings on my monitor, but Ore and LFO look like very nearly the same color, so might not meet the at-a-glance requirement.

Yea... Ore I may make into a darker color, perhaps a dark green?

4 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

Yea... Ore I may make into a darker color, perhaps a dark green?

Always a fan of dark green, but as much as you work with Angel-125, green is his bio-lab stripe color, and bio-labs in general through the modding community.  Construction-yellow with some rusty wear-and-tear texture perhaps? It'd mean a change in the EC color, though.

Edited by Krakatoa
Too many perhaps'

Just now, Krakatoa said:

Always a fan of dark green, but as much as you work with Angel-125, green is his bio-lab stripe color, and bio-labs in general through the modding community.  Construction-yellow with some rusty wear-and-tear texture perhaps? It'd mean a change in the EC color, perhaps.

Make EC to be Yellow with thin black bands and Ore to be Black with yellow bands?

Just now, JewelShisen said:

Make EC to be Yellow with thin black bands and Ore to be Black with yellow bands?

That could be pretty cool.  Maybe EC's black lines can have a certain jagged lightning-ness? Mostly black with caution-tape yellow/black striping along the edges could be the thing for Ore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.