[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Thanks again for maintaining the mod, I've been itching for the envelopes to science up in atmosphere.

Happy to do so. Tomorrow is my last day at work this week so I SHOULD be able to get some work done on the mod. Also having a bit of trouble uploading the fix to the Ludo balloon onto spaceport but I have the dropbox link working and updated. Tomorrow night I will try to get Subs and EL Pads into the tree for you all and start learning how to animate a part in Unity.

Ok i looked and there is a second drag setting for it deployed. But it only changes at full deploy.
I guess in this case that might mean when the buoyancy is set to 100%? I'm not really sure how the animation triggering works on this, since it isn't manual, but I could see how that would be an issue.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the sub parts integration. I never got around to playing with those before .22 released. Anything I can help with in .cfg editing?

I guess in this case that might mean when the buoyancy is set to 100%? I'm not really sure how the animation triggering works on this, since it isn't manual, but I could see how that would be an issue.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the sub parts integration. I never got around to playing with those before .22 released. Anything I can help with in .cfg editing?

As I understand it, though I will need to look into the code base (and learn to speak C#) to be sure, but I believe the 'deployed drag' value is for any non-zero setting for the balloon.

Also the sub part integration won't take but a few minutes to do though I could do with some opinions on where to place the parts.

Happy to do so. Tomorrow is my last day at work this week so I SHOULD be able to get some work done on the mod. Also having a bit of trouble uploading the fix to the Ludo balloon onto spaceport but I have the dropbox link working and updated. Tomorrow night I will try to get Subs and EL Pads into the tree for you all and start learning how to animate a part in Unity.

You already updated the dropbox link? When I redownloaded the mod from dropbox a few seconds ago, the Ludo Blimp still has the wrong volume in the config. Are you sure you updated the link in the first post?

EDIT: Or simply post the correct value here, so we can update ourselves. A complete redownload for changing one number is maybe a bit overkill... :P

I set the volume to 800 for now, I just wanted to know the correct value, so I don't need to change my designs because they can't get over the mountains any more! xD

Edited by BigNose

You already updated the dropbox link? When I redownloaded the mod from dropbox a few seconds ago, the Ludo Blimp still has the wrong volume in the config. Are you sure you updated the link in the first post?

EDIT: Or simply post the correct value here, so we can update ourselves. A complete redownload for changing one number is maybe a bit overkill... :P

I set the volume to 800 for now, I just wanted to know the correct value, so I don't need to change my designs because they can't get over the mountains any more! xD

Ok try again now I also updated the Spaceport link. I boosted the Ludo up to 480 which is about double what the Octo is set at so it SHOULD be enough.

Edited by JewelShisen

Now I know everyone is gonna yell at me, but I was thinking for a drone blimp.... what about Ike or Leo from Alien Planet? They were nitrogenous blimps with a solar cell skin. Along with two mini jet engines for thrust and and two propeller based turning. Idk just a suggestion...

Now I know everyone is gonna yell at me, but I was thinking for a drone blimp.... what about Ike or Leo from Alien Planet? They were nitrogenous blimps with a solar cell skin. Along with two mini jet engines for thrust and and two propeller based turning. Idk just a suggestion...

Actually that sounds like a good name for the drone blimp.

With the next version of Hexcans having a pod that unfolds, is there any chance of a hexpod balloon?

That is possible. I would have to talk with Greys about it. However it is possible that i may get Grays help with making the weather balloon part as well.

Still working on it. Trying to decide if I should make it all one piece with motors included or if it should be three parts; A main float body, a science/coms nose, and a propulsion tail section.

Make it one-piece: it will make it more effective for lower-end pc's, and it means that the components can be automatically balanced without needing to balance the probes by hand.

Make it one-piece: it will make it more effective for lower-end pc's, and it means that the components can be automatically balanced without needing to balance the probes by hand.

See I was looking at doing three piece and just making it so it is balanced by default. However I can see the advantage of making it all one piece. I'll likely model it as three pieces so that I can avoid any collision mesh issues. Here is a look at it so far though!

And this is just the image as rendered in blender with no texture yet.

iXN844P.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.