[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

Will the blimp allow surface attachments? I mean, not only attaching it to the surface of other stuff, but attaching more stuff onto its surface :)

Yes it will! In fact I just finished the nodes for the main body. Now I just need to get the engine nodes figured out and it should be set for testing.

Yes it will! In fact I just finished the nodes for the main body. Now I just need to get the engine nodes figured out and it should be set for testing.

Are you keeping the pieces the way I saw them? I was thinking in a later release it would be neat to have a smooth cylinder piece so you can make the drone blimp as long as one wants for example: front cap, engine block, 3x smooth, engine block, end cap.

Are you keeping the pieces the way I saw them? I was thinking in a later release it would be neat to have a smooth cylinder piece so you can make the drone blimp as long as one wants for example: front cap, engine block, 3x smooth, engine block, end cap.

Yes I am and actually I could use your help with the nodes for the engine->main body connection. I need to figure out the placement of them.

Just firing up my KSP Workbench-installation and giving it a shot :)

Edit 1)

The drone download isn't complete, please include the necessary plugins for it to work :)

Edit 2)

The parts are kinda... miss-sorted in their categories

The engines... disappear after you click them once in the editor. I accidentally selected them as the first part. Removed them again to use the probe lifting body as main... And then the engines weren't to be seen when I returned to the propulsion tab.

This doesn't seem to happen every time. Once I reloaded the database (per alt+f12), they stayed in the propulsion tab, even after "using" them.

Edit 3)

The engines' node is misplaced, they appear to be floating next to the body.

In addition, adding them broke the game once i launched the craft. Without them, it worked (had some RCS on the craft :)). Reverting to VAB and removing them doesn't fix the game being broken (only UI loads, not the world)

Edit 4) I think the size is a little bit off. I would go with either 1.25m or 0.625m, both would allow the use of other standard parts.

Edited by cy-one

Just firing up my KSP Workbench-installation and giving it a shot :)

Edit 1)

The drone download isn't complete, please include the necessary plugins for it to work :)

Yes I forgot that it need the firespitter plugin to work.

Edit 2)

The parts are kinda... miss-sorted in their categories

The engines... disappear after you click them once in the editor. I accidentally selected them as the first part. Removed them again to use the probe lifting body as main... And then the engines weren't to be seen when I returned to the propulsion tab.

This doesn't seem to happen every time. Once I reloaded the database (per alt+f12), they stayed in the propulsion tab, even after "using" them.

I have zero idea what could be causing that one.

Edit 3)

The engines' node is misplaced, they appear to be floating next to the body.

In addition, adding them broke the game once i launched the craft. Without them, it worked (had some RCS on the craft :)). Reverting to VAB and removing them doesn't fix the game being broken (only UI loads, not the world)

The engine node wasn't done by me but I will take a look and see what I can do with it. However I don't know what could be causing the game break.

Edit 4) I think the size is a little bit off. I would go with either 1.25m or 0.625m, both would allow the use of other standard parts.

They should be sized just about correct for 1.25m parts.

Version 1.1 of the IKE drone is now out with corrected nodes and part sizes to fit the stock 1.25m parts perfectly! Now also includes the firespitter plugin and resources needed to work the engines!

Edited by JewelShisen

I've started adding a part to my own Hooligan install called Ike as well! Based off the Alien Planet movie. If I can get it working in game maybe you can distribute it with this mod package. http://imgur.com/QGOUupX

That will depend mostly on if you can keep the poly count down. But if you can then I'll put that in instead of my own ike.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.