Transmitting data...

99TheCreator

...Is completely useless. What's the point of having probes and orbital science labs if im only going to get 20% of the science I could actually get if I just landed back on kerbin? It's practically forcing you to go out and come back. Space stations and probes or permanent bases have no purpose in the game. Squad should really change this but maybe have it take more power. Other than that this update is amazing, but this data restriction holds me back a lot.

The math is on the forum somewhere, it turns out that if you transmit enough, you get all the possible science points, exactly the same as if you returned every experiment for 100% value. But for an experiment with a 20% transmit rate, you need 50 transmissions to get all those science points, so I'd rather fly there and back a couple of times. Transmission makes more sense for more distant targets, so grab a beer and keep cycling your science bay and goo container while sitting on Eve or the moons of jool.

The math is on the forum somewhere, it turns out that if you transmit enough, you get all the possible science points, exactly the same as if you returned every experiment for 100% value. But for an experiment with a 20% transmit rate, you need 50 transmissions to get all those science points, so I'd rather fly there and back a couple of times. Transmission makes more sense for more distant targets, so grab a beer and keep cycling your science bay and goo container while sitting on Eve or the moons of jool.

Are you sure its not 5 transmisions? you know 100/20 = 5...

...Is completely useless. What's the point of having probes and orbital science labs if im only going to get 20% of the science I could actually get if I just landed back on kerbin? It's practically forcing you to go out and come back. Space stations and probes or permanent bases have no purpose in the game. Squad should really change this but maybe have it take more power. Other than that this update is amazing, but this data restriction holds me back a lot.

All true! What is also true is the fact you should calm down and realize KSP is under continuous development and this is only the very first version of science. Just be patient and have confidence SQUAD will improve everything in future updates.

All true! What is also true is the fact you should calm down and realize KSP is under continuous development and this is only the very first version of science. Just be patient and have confidence SQUAD will improve everything in future updates.

Or we could not assume they'll improve things in the future and go off of what they gave us, and not use your baseless assumptions that 'everything will be better!' as an excuse to censor criticism.

If they had the opportunity to make it as good as it could in the first place why didn't they do that to begin with?

Or we could not assume they'll improve things in the future and go off of what they gave us, and not use your baseless assumptions that 'everything will be better!' as an excuse to censor criticism.

It's hardly censorship, they're pointing out that you should look at the game as an unfinished item which will change significantly before final release because that's exactly what it is. There is plenty of time to fix things like odd balance mechanics once they get feedback from the community.

If they had the opportunity to make it as good as it could in the first place why didn't they do that to begin with?

Because the point of open betas like this is that they get bucket loads of feedback from players which they can imcorporate as the game grows. If they were going to wait until everything is 100% finished there'd be no discounted beta. Besides, it's easier to release things in stages and incorporate that feedback as you go than to release the whole thing in one lump and have to bugfix and balance the lot of it.

Yet again, transmitting data isn't useless, you can repeat it and get the same amount of science points without returning (although return gives you a bonus when the craft is recovered).

Please read up on the new things before ranting about them, if you don't understand how they work simply ask but there's a heap of threads already discussing this, several even presenting maths to back things up. If in doubt, test it yourself, you're not limited to a single transmission.

I'll close this for now and refer you to read all the other threads, we're starting to beat a dead horse here.