[AAR] Geronimi Program - Finished with Part 4!

Wayfare

GERONIMI 1: THE RIGHT STUFF

---KSC PRESS CENTER, Y1 D0---

GENE: Ladies and gentlemen of the press, as flight director at the Kerbal Space Center my first priority has been to select a group of astronauts that will lead our way into space. From a long line of recruits I am proud to present majors Kerman, Kerman and Kerman!

1A0V3OM.jpg

GENE: Yes Robert, that will get confusing, I'm glad you asked. So we'll use their first names. Jebediah, Bill and Bob. What's that Frank? No, it's OK to take pictures with flash. Flash resistance is something they've all been tested for. Any further questions?

---KSC ASTRONAUT COMPLEX, Y1 D1---

7iCOr0X.jpg

JEB: This jetpack is awesome! I wonder if you could use a heavier version of it to move a spacecraft. Hmm, maybe I should... Oh, hi Gene!

GENE: Jeb, the names have been drawn for the rotation. Bob got Geronimi Three. Bill made Two. That puts you in One. Congratulations Jeb. You're going to be the first Geronimi pilot.

JEB: First!

---KSC MISSION CONTROL, Y1 D4---

5eVsJqe.jpg

GENE: Alright guys, let's sound off. FIDO?

FIDO: Go flight.

GENE: BUTTONS?

BUTTONS: Go flight.

GENE: ODIE?

ODIE: Ready to go, flight.

GENE: GROMIT?

GROMIT: Go flight.

BILL: Did Gene name all the mission control stations after cartoon dogs?

BOB: Tee hee! I can't wait to hear from Jeb. Hey, you're up Bill.

GENE: CAPCOM?

BILL: Go flight. Jeb, this is Bill in CAPCOM. Are you ready for your big day?

JEB: Are you [bLEEP] kidding me?

5s2af3a.png

MISSION CONTROL: *muffled laughter over radio*

JEB: Laugh it up guys. Laugh it up.

BILL: Alright Jeb, we're reporting nominal readings on all stations. Geronimi One is good to go in ten, nine, eight...

MISSION CONTROL: *more laughter*

JEB: *unintelligible muttering*

BILL: Roger that Geronimi One. Log your crew report and prepare to EVA.

JEB: I can't wait to walk around in a spacesuit in the afternoon sun.

BILL: Flight has cleared you for EVA. Godspeed Major Kerman!

MISSION CONTROL: *laughter*

YcHwiW8.png

JEB: *pant, huff* - OK I've wrestled myself out of that little coffin.

BILL: Outstanding Geronimi One. You want to say it?

JEB: Say what?

BILL: Your famous words to mark this historical occasion. I know you were up all night writing them.

JEB: [bLEEP] you.

BILL: Four by four, Jeb. Momentous words indeed as we mark the first time a Kerbal steps out of a command pod on the launchpad.

BILL: Now collect a surface sample and log an EVA report. Make sure you store them both back in the pod.

JEB: This is ridiculous.

BILL: We're testing procedures and capabilities here, space hero. Get on with it.

JEB: Alright. Done. Now what?

BILL: Flip to page two of your mission checklist.

JEB: I'm reading... No way.

BILL: Put those legs to work.

JEB: *groan*

Qo1DYLL.png

JEB: *huff, huff* CAPCOM, I have retrieved a surface sample from beside the launchpad. It's the most unamazing handful of dirt and grass you ever did see.

BILL: Fantastic work, Jeb. That marks one hundred percent completion of Geronimi One's mission objectives. We're popping champagne over here!

JEB: Yeah. Just try to keep someone sober enough to drive me back to my bunk.

n1J6bFa.png

MISSION SCIENCE YIELD: 29

TECH UNLOCKED: Basic Rocketry, Survivability

Edited by Wayfare

I tortured my Kerbal to test the antenna and everything goes well. My batteries worked fine.

Meaning: I had him repeat the same experiment over and over until the batteries were depleted. ;)

Edited by KerbMav

GERONIMI 2: IT'S HORRIBLE IN HERE

---KSC RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, Y1 D6---

tWZiiFy.jpg

WERNER: Gutentag, Bill!

BILL: Hello professor Von Kerman.

WERNER: Please, call me Werner. Bill, I vant you to see zis. It is ze first experiment ve have produced for Geronimi.

BILL: What... Is it?

WERNER: Goo!

BILL: OK... So what does it do?

WERNER: Vell, zat is for you und your friends to find out. Ve vill put ze goo into ze containers und strap zem to ze side of ze Geronimi capsule. Vonce you go up, you check ze goo und record vot it does, ja?

BILL: That is a spacecraft, sir. We do not refer to it as a capsule. Spacecraft.

---KSC LAUNCHPAD, Y1 D8---

BfhVaRz.png

JEB: You comfy in that can, Bill?

BILL: Sitting pretty, CAPCOM. Can't wait to get some air under this thing.

JEB: Alright. Keep in mind we're testing only the Geronimi orbiter here. Engine's got a bit of a kick because it's such a light package, even with your lard [bLEEP] in it.

BILL: Got it.

JEB: Do those breathing excercises I taught you. Geronimi Two, you are go for launch in ten, nine, eight, seven...

BILL: Ack... Ack... Ack... Ack...

JEB: ...Four, three, two, one, ignition!

VbHfWC7.png

BILL: Ack. Ack. Ack. Ack.

JEB: Looking good on ballistics Bill, you're thirty seconds from main engine cut-off. Twenty-five, twenty-four, twenty-three...

vsUdz9A.png

BILL: Ack! Ack! Ack! Ack!

JEB: ...Seventeen, sixteen, fifteen, fourteen...

sjrHNCA.png

BILL: Ackackackackackack..!

JEB: ...Four, three, two, one, MECO! That was the burn. Did the breathing excercises help?

BILL: [bLEEP] MOTHER OF A [bLEEP]! NO!

JEB: Figured as much. Head in the game now, major – pop the goo, log a crew report and stage that engine off.

BILL: [bLEEP].

Jd6Fnf9.png

JEB: Telemetry looking good, you're heading for the drink.

BILL: *pant* Alright, chute... Deploy.

b0a0Yfu.png

JEB: You got something hanging out your nose, Geronimi Two.

BILL: I don't feel too...

IwayWd0.png

JEB: Chute deployed to full. That is beautiful, Geronimi Two, what a sight – what a moment!

BILL: *Bwaaaargh!*

JEB: We really need to work on our first words for this stuff.

qqKIQ1t.png

JEB: We see you splashed down, Geronimi Two. Do you feel up for the kicker of this mission?

BILL: Yes. Anything to get out of this pod. It's horrible in here.

JEB: Out you go then. Pop the second goo pod, take a water sample and log an EVA report. We're sending the boats out to fetch you.

d8kyxjG.png

MISSION SCIENCE YIELD: 37

TECH UNLOCKED: General Rocketry, Stability

MOAR.

There you go, inside of ten minutes - how's that for pleasing the fans? :D

Thanks for all your wonderful comments people! I'm glad this is getting such a response. This AAR is documenting my actual career game right now. I hope to turn the Geronimi Program into a tutorial pack for our newer players, taking it one step a time to orbit... And beyond?

There you go, inside of ten minutes - how's that for pleasing the fans? :D

Thanks for all your wonderful comments people! I'm glad this is getting such a response. This AAR is documenting my actual career game right now. I hope to turn the Geronimi Program into a tutorial pack for our newer players, taking it one step a time to orbit... And beyond?

Fantastic :D

Im usually only reading Mason and Czo, so reaching that is a bit of an honour :P

I love thy homour

GERONIMI 3: IN SPACE, EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU SWEAR

---KSC ASTRONAUT FACILITY, Y1 D10---

BOB: So Jeb souped up the jetpack a bit, let's give this a tr...

luXjWzm.jpg

*WOOOOOSH!*

BOB: YEEEEAAAARGH!

*CRASH!*

BOB: [bLEEP]!

GENE: Bob? Are you OK?

BOB: [bLEEP]. Ouch... Hello, Gene. Yeah. Just need a few minutes alone with Jeb. That [bLEEP] put some...

GENE: Stop right there. That's what we need to talk about.

BOB: Jeb?

GENE: No. [bLEEP]. Geronimi Three is going to space, Bob. You're going to be an all-Kerbin hero and there'll be a lot of cameras around the KSC. Cameras with microphones. Do you get my drift?

BOB: I think I do.

GENE: Good. They're getting a little tired of bleeping out every second word you guys say. So don't say [bLEEP] on national television, please.

BOB: How about [bLEEP]?

GENE: No.

BOB: Or [bLEEP] of a [bLEEP]?

GENE: No, not that either.

BOB: What about [bLEEP]ing [bLEEP]?

GENE: Absolutely not.

BOB: But they serve those in the cafeteria.

GENE: Look, whenever you want to say [bLEEP] or [bLEEP] or mother of [bLEEP], just say something else like, I dunno... Gosh. Or golly. Or geepers.

BOB: Geepers?

---KSC LAUNCH PAD, Y1 D12---

PTOxWtS.png

BILL: Good morning Geronimi Three, CAPCOM, you all settled in there Bob?

BOB: Gosh CAPCOM, I'm as golly as a geeper in here!

BILL: Good to hear that major. You are go for launch in ten, nine, eight, seven...

NJb7BEY.png

BILL: ...Two, one, ignition! Ignition and lift-off of Geronimi Three putting the first Kerbal in space! How are you Bob? Not doing those breathing exercises I hope?

BOB: Not at all, CAPCOM. It's... *huff*... A bit of a gosh to keep my hands... *huff*... She bucks like a golly but the nose is pointing true.

BILL: Roger that, Geronimi Three. It'll build up as the fuel drains. Just hang tight. Transmit your high-atmo report and then pop the first goo pod.

BOB: Done... *huff*... And done.

BILL: Stand by for first sage seperation.

QJr3iBo.png

*KLANG!*

BOB: Mothe... Geepers! That was one gosh of a kick! *huff*... Building up some serious speed now.

BILL: We're reading your telemetry, Geronimi Three. Looking good. Looking real good.

JU01DFW.png

BOB: Golly CAPCOM the view is amazing up here! Gosh-geepering amazing! I can see the curvature of Kerbin... Wow what a sight. And... Oh! Oh, CAPCOM I can see something fantastic right at mission control!

BILL: What is it Bob?

BOB: It's Jeb's ego! It's so huge and shiny!

BOB: But it seems to be... Yeah CAPCOM, it is definitely getting smaller as I'm going higher, higher than he's ever been.

JEB: [bLEEP] you Bob!

GENE: Jeb! National television!

BILL: Both you [bLEEP]s get off the channel! Only CAPCOM speaks to the astronaut!

MISSION CONTROL: *laughter and sounds of a minor scuffle*

bakjAdK.png

BOB: I'm at apokee, CAPCOM. Starting to get real light now. Oh man this is a stomach-churner. There's, uh... There seems to be loose change floating out of my pockets. Golly. That's gonna be a gosh to pick out of the instruments. I've popped the second goo pod and made another report. CAPCOM?

MISSION CONTROL: *static interrupted by sounds of a major scuffle*

KtjsJQa.png

BOB: Separating orbital engine. That's a long way down. CAPCOM?

BILL: Geronimi Three, CAPCOM. We got a little side-tracked there for a moment, sorry about that. We see you on a ballistic re-entry. You touched eighty-thousand four-hundred and seventy-four meters there Bob, that is well in space. Congratulations! There's a gold pin waiting for you when you get back down.

BOB: I'm hitting atmo now... Gosh that's a kick in the golly... Gosh! GOSH!

BILL: Bob, Gene advises to take it easy on the G-words...

PUGypKA.png

BOB: GOLLYING GEEPER THE POD IS ON FIRE! NO-ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE GOSHING POD BEING ON FIRE! SON OF A GEEPER!

BILL: Chute deploying in ten, nine, eight...

hyxzOW1.png

BOB: GEEPERING GOLLY! THAT WAS AWFUL!

BILL: Settle down, major. You're on a beatiful descent. Boats are coming out.

BOB: They'd goshing well better be.

eztSwhC.png

GENE: I bet they're going to be bleeping over the G-words now, too... [bLEEP]. Yup.

60ZBFlH.jpg

MISSION SCIENCE YIELD: 37

TECH UNLOCKED: General Construction

Edited by Wayfare

I saw a lot of red at the beginning

That was about half the plot right there :D

Thanks again for the kind words folks, they are much appreciated! Keyboards, laptop screens and other desktop paraphernalia are not covered under this AARs warranty. Read at your own risk.

Nice use of the promo video still frames.

Double thanks for that :)

Edited by Wayfare

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.