Stock ISA Mapsat

Sarge82nd

Isa needs to be stock it would give more of a reason to send more probes and to really plan a mission to another body

YES, exspecialy when they implement clouds.

When you reach Eve and the clouds are too thick to see the ground - you should map it before you choose your landing spot :)

In the future, perhaps .30 or so, squad could implement something like ISA Mapsat. I believe that it would be a good idea, isa was pretty fun but apparently it's dead now (I could be wrong).

It'd be awesome to see it brought in as stock. If only so they could assign a science value to it ;)

Surprisingly, as long as you remember to delete the hilo.dat file that comes with the x4r1 release there's nothing functionally wrong with the mapset. Have been running my traditional "new version, get mapping" theme since the .22 release lol. If you want to add the parts to the career tech tree that's a fairly trivial .cfg edit. The downside is that the scans don't have any science value :(

(and now I feel the need for a large-format printout of one of the satellite maps as a wall picture)

Another important factor to consider with ISA is the resource consumption. This addon makes my game, even when set to completely stock, nearly unplayable, with lag every 2-3 seconds lasting up to a couple seconds. I would love to run it, but, unfortunately, this makes it impossible.

If the performance of the addon wasnt such a big problem, I would be all for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.