Which planets/moons have you reached?

Nemoricus

Which bodies have you managed to reach?  

1. 1. Which bodies have you managed to reach?

Reached and landed in all of them. However, missions with a return home, thats a whole other story. I've landed and returned from Mun, Minums, Duna and Ike on a single launch, and from Dres and Moho with several refueling launches :P

Tylo: did not "reach" (enter SOI) - I decideed to avoid it till I prepare a mission for it.

Sun: did not land there (not possible)

Jool: did not land there (not possible)

Eve: only sent non-return probe

To every other body I sent a manned mission, landed, and returned.

I've put something into orbit of everything in the game, and landed everywhere except for Tylo (Jool and the Sun notwithstanding). However, they have mostly been one-way trips. I've returned from the surfaces of the following:

Mun

Minmus

Duna

Ike

Dres

Vall

Bop

Pol

Eeloo

If I can manage an Eve descent-ascent vehicle, then I'll no doubt be able to cope with Tylo, but I've yet to try an Eve return mission. At the moment, it's certain suicide for me :rolleyes:

On that train of thought, I really need to send a Kerbal to Gilly again. In fact, that is an upcoming mission of mine...

I decided to land everywhere possible"Apollo style". Meaning 3 crew command pod, 2 man lander. Also added a Hitchhiker for crew comfort.

It worked. Moho expedition needed an extra supply of fuel and the Eve lander was hard to do. Other than that it went fine.

Manned missions and return from all of them except Jool, obviously because you can't land there, and Eve. I have a probe lander on Eve, but haven't attempted a manned mission as I am not sure I'd be able to get them back in to orbit. Of the others, Moho was difficult because of the insane amount of delta v required to get there and back, and Tylo was a bitch to land due to the high gravity and lack of atmo for aerobraking assist.

All of them my 3Hardest manned moho probe carrier and return: engineering a tylo probe lander works well and did its mission: Manned Eeloo landing and return the secret is NUCLEAR ROCKETS on the lander

Seems I can now hit the SOI of any planetary body and moon now, there's a few I haven't visited yet due to time constraints though. I can probably make the vehicle to land on them too but it's the getting back off so far that I haven't had any luck with apart from the Mun and Minmus. Also the tech tree is REALLY holding me back on creating the right ship to actually perform a landing and leave, so I suppose it's doing it job well. More planets soon would be nice though.

Interesting that Tylo is the least popular, it was the first planet/moon other than Minmus and the Mun that I 'reached', when my impactor crashed into it at 8km/s

This might have something to do with it being so big. Also, there's really not anything of interest on the body except the moon itself. No easter eggs or anything...

Interesting that Tylo is the least popular, it was the first planet/moon other than Minmus and the Mun that I 'reached', when my impactor crashed into it at 8km/s

Well Tylo is the hardest place to land on safely. Moho's probably the hardest to get into orbit, Eve is the hardest to take off from........ but for actual landing, nothing has Tylo beat.

Personally I've landed and returned from every planet/moon except Eve. All 3 of my Eve landers failed to make orbit. (sig is out of date).

Actually, in my experience Tylo is not the hardest place to land. Certainly it takes the most delta-V and is the least forgiving of mistakes, but I find Vall actually is trickier overall. Its gravity is deceptively higher than it seems, and it has many places that you just plain cannot land because the terrain is just too crazy for it. Finding a consistently flat spot to land on Tylo is an afterthought (to the point that some craters rather absurdly have flatland areas in them that make no sense). Finding a safe spot to land on Vall is not nearly as simple, and it's not nearly as forgiving as Bop, Pol, or Gilly if you muck up your landing on the crazy terrain.

Duna drives me bonkers as I can never remember that parachutes are worthless.

They're really not. I put drogue chutes at the very least on all my Duna landers, because even the little bit of drag you get out of it is free delta-v at the end of the day. It also makes landing a lot easier because it kills all your lateral velocity and keeps your rocket oriented upwards, so all you have to worry about is your descent speed.

They're really not. I put drogue chutes at the very least on all my Duna landers, because even the little bit of drag you get out of it is free delta-v at the end of the day. It also makes landing a lot easier because it kills all your lateral velocity and keeps your rocket oriented upwards, so all you have to worry about is your descent speed.

True, but I have a nasty habit of hitting space bar and walking away as parachutes deploy. There is some sort of disconnect in my brain that cannot handle the idea that Duna needs more than the "moar chutes" attitude.

I've visited all the ones listed, though Tylo was unplanned and I used it to get me straight into orbit around Jool without having to do an aerocapture (I was well chuffed! :) ) I haven't visited Gilly, or Jools' small moons, and I haven't landed on Vall (well technically there's a piece of landing leg on Vall but that doesn't really count!), Tylo, Ike or Eeloo either.

the farthest i've gotten has,c uriously, only been in career mode, I guess since it forces you to use lighter and smaller parts, it helps you make better rockets, I've gone only manned to the mun, but I've got probes on the mun, minmus, and duna, it's funny, how using "low level" parts can get you farther than having everything, (still gonna try and redo the interplanetary supership I had going in .21, I got rid of everything for .22)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.