HOLY JEEZUS (Odd glitch/evil omen)

DaZombieKilla99

Yup, it happened to me too with a ship returning to Kerbin from a successfull science-gathering mission on Duna piloted by Jeb. Fortunately, i still had a quicksave from before it happened (was positioning a probe for an aerobrake maneuver around Laythe).

IF I tried resuming control of Jeb's ship immediately after quickloading, the same thing would happen over and over (and I would need to restart KSP). However, if I timewarped for about 10 days into the future, I was able to resume control of the ship with no problems.

Edited by Awaras

Something similar happened to me, except I don't have pics, so...

Landing on the Mun, had next to no fuel so made Jeb do what I would do for a skycrane. Jeb kinda landed on Bill, then what is describe of the Hell Kraken occured, except over the 1st 6, there was a hazard sign, a triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

Actually, the wiki part on this glitch is slightly incorrect.

This bug has existed ever since 0.16, and can be caused by ragdoll kerbals on terrain.

And the altitude does not always stop at 666666, but it does more often then not, which is why it got its name.

You guys can say SO WHAT but this is the first I knew of it...

You would allow me to face the unknown without knowing the unknown?

How could you, I thought we were all friends here?

Thanks the the original poster for this vital news...

:)

To be specific on the cause of the number 666666 is approximately 2/3s of 1 million.

Continual 6s to pop up quite a bit in computations for this reason. (Take 2 times any power of ten then divide by 3, and you get a sequence of 6s).

Of course, most of you don't need a lesson in math.

It happened to me in 0.21 when I tried to get all 21 passengers on my mun lander out on EVA. The kraken is still alive!

was he ever "still" dead?

:)

P.S. to the OP.... please don't be taking my name in vain.

Edited by kiwi1960

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.