What did you name your first rocket?

As you jumped into career mode for the first time, faced with building your bold first step on your quest of science and adventure. You'll surely remember this historic rocket for quite a long while, so, in that moment, what did you name it?

I named my cobbled together collection of scrap the S.S Misfortune, and it did good on that name. Followed by the S.S Ill-fated, S.S Tragedy and you can imagine the rest. It was hilarious.

My single pilot Kerbin SOI craft are the Antares series. We're up to the mark 9 I believe, with 10 successful flights. Jeb insists on calling the Antares 5 flight a success since he did land on the Mun and return safely, even though the craft itself is still in Munar orbit, and he had to be rescued by Bob.

My first rocket in career mode was the Galileo Mk I. The Galileo series was focused on manned orbital observation of local celestial bodies. It was eventually discontinued in favor of the Pioneer series (manned missions to the surface of other worlds) and the Beholder series (unmanned probes)

My first rocket in Career mode was named "Alpha I." You can imagine why.

My first ever rocket (that I can remember) was in 0.17 and was called the "Kerpupine I" due to its arrangement of mk16 parachutes (when they had radial attachment!) having seemed vaguely reminiscent on the spikes on the back of a porcupine. The Kerpupine II was forever left in an eccentric LKO as I was too lazy to retrieve it, and due to its immense dV, it became my de facto craft for Munar flyby craft and lander prototypes.

EDIT: And by "immense" I mean a few km/s off the top of my head. Very disappointed I deleted that save. :(

"Untitled Space Craft"

It was a basic capsule with a parachute on an SRB that made three launches. It was shortly replaced by a more advanced vehicle capable of doing much more, including orbit. It was, of course, named "Untitled Space Craft".

First rocket

Snafu 1

Modified a bit

Snafu 1a

A bit more modded

Snafu 1b

Three trials with fuel pipes to see which could go the highest straight up. Dropping the main engine went highest. That's where I discovered fuel pipes won't cross over separators and decouplers. Resorted to a small hardpoint to bridge the stack separator.

Snafu 1b crossfuel

Snafu 1b crossfuel 2

Snafu 1b crossfuel 3

Next was modifying the Snafu series for solid rocket motors

Snafu Solid

Snafu Solid F (I'd have to load it to see what the F is for, probably for a Fuel upper stage.)

Snafu Solid K (K for Kerbal-rated, the prior two versions were unmanned.)

Currently at 74 various rocket powered vehicles (that I've kept) and one rather bad airplane since 07/30/2013. Doesn't count all the iterations of getting many of them able to achieve the tasks I set out to do!

My first series of rockets in career mode were named Icarus 1-5, each designed to go higher and higher without "landing" on any planetary bodies. Icarus 5 has been my inner Kerbin SOI workhorse and has done multiple flybys of the Mun and Minimus, I have yet to create a lander of any type yet, waiting for docking tech before I attempt it. Not sure what to name that series since Icarus doesn't seem appropriate anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.