What did you name your first rocket?

I named my first rocket the same way I name every first try I make at almost any computer-related task: Exper 1 (short for Experimental). My hard drives are full of Exper this and Exper that, and many of them were far more disastrous than my first KSP flight.

Basic I (To walk around KSC)

Basic II (To fly around KSC and the KSC's continent, taking samples of every terrains and biomes)

Mun Raker I (To Mun, 3 flights)

Mun Raker II (To Mun and Minmus, 2 flights)

Climber 001 (To push any ship out of Kerbin's SOI, go to nearest planets and return)

Planet Reacher I (To reach Duna, fly over and return)

Planet Lander I (only designed, never flew). After this mission that flew once, I decided to put the TAC Balancer plugin to manage to manage fuel easyly.

Planet Lander II To reach and land in planets and moons with low G. Is coupled to Minilander I (based in Planet Lander I design) and Returner A (only a mediun fuel tank with one nuclear motor). With that design I flew to Duna, fly over, Minilander undocked and land. After launch, approach and docking to Climber 001 and Returner A. Then went to Ike, orbiting at around, Minilander undocked and land again, and finally I returned and docking another time but to get back to Kerbin had to empty the Returner A and discard. Also with that design I flew to Eve, fly over and orbiting at around so closed. Then went to Gilly, the moon potato, orbiting at around, Minilander undocked and land. I returned and docking, and get back to Kerbin all right.

Station Alpha (To recharge the ships Planet Lander... in space without landing in Kerbin) IN CONSTRUCTION.

First ship on my .21 sandbox save was the Ascendant I. This was soon replaced by a variety of constellation/mythical names, with the Orion series (14 models aimed at reaching orbit around Kerbin) and the Artemis series (6 models designed for Munar orbit and/or landing) being the most prominent.

First ship on my new .22 career mode save was the Flying Brick series, which somehow managed to accumulate three different iterations before getting enough tech upgrades to reach orbit and being replaced by the Orbiter series (although my latest Orbiter model managed to leave Jeb stuck in orbit around Kerbin before a daring EVA attempt managed to decelerate the craft just enough to bring it into the atmosphere and eventually land after several days of aerobraking). Odds are future ships will follow a similar naming convention to my .21 save.

First one I built for 0.22's Career Mode was the Falisha-I. Didn't make orbit, but did have a successful return to the water. That particular model did not require any subassemblies whatsoever. In fact, didn't start building subassemblies (which consist of lifters right now) till I acquired the proper technology to do (though I could've done it before then).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.