.22 MechJeb or an attempt at a ripoff?

Apophis775

The only version of MechJeb compatible for 0.22.0 is via a dev build from r4m0n himself - anything else are unauthorized distributions by third-parties.

It may be best to report this to a forum moderator via PM - I've contacted staff about stolen re-uploads of add-ons before, and they're usually quite swift at taking them down.

Spaceport is suffering glitches right now, it is just the download button with a diffrent name.

I concur - the current version of Spaceport was allegedly implemented as a "store" feature on a WordPress blog, although SQUAD never intended for add-ons to be sold with actual currency.

I'm sure that will be resolved by the time Spaceport 2.0 comes out.

As others have said, its likely just a "feature" in spaceport, aside from the issue of who uploaded it. Without downloading it I cannot say for sure, but more likely than not it is just a standard Jeb build, with the mech jeb case made .22 compliant. Still, not a bad idea to report it.

As for the buy it button, i have downloaded a couple things now that had the same label, there is no asking for money or charging, it works just like the download button.

Edit: I am downloading it now to compare to my build.

Second Edit: The part.cfg is in fact identical to the .21 version, with the exception of the "TechRequired = start entryCost = 0" line addition, to make it .22 compliant. Not going to delve into the depths of the .dll to see if it is identical, but I doubt it is any different.

Edited by kalor

The uploader appears to be from France, so it may be wise to check to see if it is sarbian.

That being said, my understanding is that sarbian and r4m0n have a decent working relationship, so I doubt that the former would upload his own version of MechJeb onto Spaceport without the latter's permission.

The uploader appears to be from France, so it may be wise to check to see if it is sarbian.

That being said, my understanding is that sarbian and r4m0n have a decent working relationship, so I doubt that the former would upload his own version of MechJeb onto Spaceport without the latter's permission.

Also without any discription of any kind

The recent dev build from forum thread here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12384-PART-0-21-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-0-9

Look for where it says "get the latest dev builds here" Ive got that one and it works just fine, It doesnt unlock til later which I kind of like though :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.