[1.2] VOID 1.1.0-beta - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

toadicus

Just updated to the new version and the void button in both the blizzy toolbar and without have no logo for it.

At first, didn't have it in VAB but had it on craft restarted KSP and now all is good button in both places with logo.

EDIT Thx Toadicus that was a quick little update lol :wink:

Edited by Mecripp2

Just updated to the new version and the void button in both the blizzy toolbar and without have no logo for it.
At first, didn't have it in VAB but had it on craft restarted KSP and now all is good button in both places with logo.

Oops, I'm testing a new texture and forgot to package either the old or the new. So! I've updated the files in all locations. No new version number, but if you're missing the texture files you can re-download 0.9.20 to get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mates!

See, i wanna put Void Informations on a part, like Mechjeb does, it's possible ? VOID make SEMI AXIS and orbital information more accurate than others scripts. Pretty useful for Geostationnary orbit for example.

So can i do this ?

Thanks ^^

Hi mates!

See, i wanna put Void Informations on a part, like Mechjeb does, it's possible ? VOID make SEMI AXIS and orbital information more accurate than others scripts. Pretty useful for Geostationnary orbit for example.

So can i do this ?

Thanks ^^

You don't have 2 it always up. :D

You don't have 2 it always up.

Yep, but it's always ON, that's my question, i want to know how i put all algorithms on a part. So if you put this part on your vessel, it will show you the VOID ui, anyway, you will see nothing if you don't care it onboard.

If is possible of course...

Yep, but it's always ON, that's my question, i want to know how i put all algorithms on a part. So if you put this part on your vessel, it will show you the VOID ui, anyway, you will see nothing if you don't care it onboard.

If is possible of course...

VOID is a partsless plugin and I do not have any plans to change or allow it to require a part. The whole thing can be turned off by clicking the "Power OFF" button in the main VOID window. When windows are not shown their calculations are not performed, so there's no extra CPU burden just for having the plugin around.

I could, in theory, save the power on/off state per vessel, if that's generally thought to be desirable.

One small thing Toadicus, the plugin uses power if you use that setting whether it is on or off; no change in power usage for a standby mode (if "powered off"). Unclear if this is intended or not using 0.9.20. Apologies if this is too brief; I'm out the door on my way out to work. I can try to explain further if it's needed once I arrive.

One small thing Toadicus, the plugin uses power if you use that setting whether it is on or off; no change in power usage for a standby mode (if "powered off"). Unclear if this is intended or not using 0.9.20. Apologies if this is too brief; I'm out the door on my way out to work. I can try to explain further if it's needed once I arrive.

Nope, that's a bug. Thanks!

my Delta V indicator is broken. It reads 0. It reads 0 in flight and editor when the rocket clearly has more than 0 as it does fly. Sometimes, I can rectify the issue by changing the staging around,other times it just goes :P and still gives me 0. While it's still handy for other stuff, the 0 dV reading makes it difficult to design things like my Tylo lander. I kinda need to know that.

hi toadicus, sorry for my English.

I have a small question.

We can no longer have the detail for each motor, floor by floor?

and on different planets?

Thank you in advance.

Mickey, the translation was bad enough that I'm not completely sure what you were trying to say. But I think you are asking if VOID shows engineering statistics for each stage of the rocket, and if it can be configured to show thrust-to-weight ratios for different planets, the way Kerbal Engineer Redux can. If I'm right about that, the answer is "no." Since I am using Kerbal Engineer Redux code to do the engineering statistics, I am intentionally not duplicating all of its functionality as a courtesy to cybutek. If you want that functionality, my policy is to direct you to Kerbal Engineer Redux.

Hey, any idea as to why when I click "use blizzies toolbar" and configure it to show up in the toolbar, it doesn't show up?

Edit: just seen previous post, i guess a restart will fix it :D

All sorted, then? I'm guessing it may have had to do with Toolbar's new "new icon" detection stuff.

my Delta V indicator is broken. It reads 0. It reads 0 in flight and editor when the rocket clearly has more than 0 as it does fly. Sometimes, I can rectify the issue by changing the staging around,other times it just goes :P and still gives me 0. While it's still handy for other stuff, the 0 dV reading makes it difficult to design things like my Tylo lander. I kinda need to know that.

Sierra, can you tell me a bit more about your lander, or share the craft file (and any part mods needed to build it)? I've noticed similar issues, I believe to do mostly with parts of ships that are built "upside down", particularly on very complicated vessels. There are also sometimes issues with variable-fuel parts like some of the KSP Interstellar thrusters (though in general I've got most of them to work).

The engineering code is not mine; it's shared from Kerbal Engineer Redux. So, if we can identify an issue I'll report it to cybutek as a bug, or you can do so yourself.

All sorted, then? I'm guessing it may have had to do with Toolbar's new "new icon" detection stuff.

I Haven't had the chance to get back on ksp yet, but it seems like in flight there where 2 VOID buttons available in the configuration for tool bar, so when i had them both up only one of them did anything but the other did not (if you understand me). This may have been what was causing it not to show up in the VAB (a ghost button of some kind?)

I'll get back to you when I am back home :)

Does VOID have aerobreaking AP predictor?

No, not at this point. While I don't hate the idea, it's a little out of my depth from a simulation standpoint and I'm already way behind in development. I do consider this a wish-list item. :)

I Haven't had the chance to get back on ksp yet, but it seems like in flight there where 2 VOID buttons available in the configuration for tool bar, so when i had them both up only one of them did anything but the other did not (if you understand me). This may have been what was causing it not to show up in the VAB (a ghost button of some kind?)

I'll get back to you when I am back home :)

The basic reason for this is that I use two separate drivers (two AddOns, from KSP's perspective) for the in-flight and in-editor VOID implementations. So the two buttons are the VOID Flight button and the VOID Editor button. But, there's no way to tell them apart, and Toolbar shows them both in both scenes, once they've both been added. That's probably something I should try to streamline.

is there any possibility to move the HUD on the Screen (my monitor cuts of the edge of the screen, so i cannot read the first line)?

At this point there is not. I'll look in to it, but the way the HUD is drawn right now doesn't make that easy.

Can I suggest something for the HUD?

Can we have a Delta-v remaining line for it?

Because I have been finding that half of the time I don't need a lot of the stuff on the HUD but a delta-v indicator would be really great.

:P