[1.2] VOID 1.1.0-beta - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

toadicus

VOID has been updated to version 0.9.16! This version adds 100% optional support for Blizzy's toolbar. ...

Version 0.9.16.2 tested. I had it set to use the toolbar and found a few issues.

1) While on the toolbar, the VOID icon appears "fuzzy". Possibly what appears is a shrinked icon originally at 32x32px, but reduced at 24x24px to match the toolbar specs. With surprise, I found you made icons 24x24px (tga), obviously for this purpose, but those don't seem to load.

2) After setting toolbar use with both flight mode and VAB, two different VOID icons appear on the toolbar (one not working).

3) After setting toolbar use, the VOID icon(s) appear in all KSP "scenes" (single icon in a toolbar, as no other mod has icons for such scenes). Beyond the VAB/SPH, this "toolbar" appears at the space center, tracking station, R&D complex and astronaut complex.

Beyond the above, good work as always! Thank you.

Version 0.9.16.2 tested. I had it set to use the toolbar and found a few issues.

1) While on the toolbar, the VOID icon appears "fuzzy". Possibly what appears is a shrinked icon originally at 32x32px, but reduced at 24x24px to match the toolbar specs. With surprise, I found you made icons 24x24px (tga), obviously for this purpose, but those don't seem to load.

2) After setting toolbar use with both flight mode and VAB, two different VOID icons appear on the toolbar (one not working).

3) After setting toolbar use, the VOID icon(s) appear in all KSP "scenes" (single icon in a toolbar, as no other mod has icons for such scenes). Beyond the VAB/SPH, this "toolbar" appears at the space center, tracking station, R&D complex and astronaut complex.

Beyond the above, good work as always! Thank you.

Thanks for the report, as usual!

To (1), no, they're loading. The smaller images are literally just shrunk versions of the bigger ones... I need to get one of my more graphically-inclined associates to lend a hand with that. Until then, it's a bit ugly.

(2) and (3) are actually the same issue; I hadn't set any Visibility for the toolbar buttons, so buttons for both the editor core and the flight core were showing in every scene.

So!

VOID has been updated to version 0.9.17! This update corrects the visibility of the Toolbar buttons when using Blizzy's Toolbar.

v.0.9.17 [2013-12-14]
* BUGFIX: Corrected the visibility of the Toolbar buttons when using Blizzy's Toolbar.

VOID has been updated to version 0.9.18! This version fixes compatibility with KSP 0.23.0. starcitsura, thanks for your report :)

CHANGELOG:

v.0.9.18 [2013-12-17]
* FEATURE: KSP 0.23 compatibility. This fixes issues with the orbital pane and editor HUD not displaying.
* WORKAROUND: All textures changed to .png to avoid KSP's new ugly .tga compression.

Edited by toadicus
Got starcitsura's name right.

Great, thanks for the quick update, found another "bug" or maybe it is a feature request.

The plugin will properly calculate the dV and TWR for tweak-able fuel, but does in the VAB the HUD will not report the new TWR when you use the tweak-ables to limit thrust.

Something like the in flight "current TWR/Max TWR" would be ideal I think.

Great, thanks for the quick update, found another "bug" or maybe it is a feature request.

The plugin will properly calculate the dV and TWR for tweak-able fuel, but does in the VAB the HUD will not report the new TWR when you use the tweak-ables to limit thrust.

Something like the in flight "current TWR/Max TWR" would be ideal I think.

I depend on code from Kerbal Engineer to do all the delta-v and TWR calcs. I'm going to wait a few days to see if he publishes a fix before I dig into fixing it myself. Thanks for the report!

Does VOID still work with .23?

Yes! I've updated it for compatibility; the new version is available at the links on the front page here. I've updated the KSP version reference in the thread title to clarify.

The code I use from Kerbal Engineer Redux is still a little stale, but I'll be updating it soon.

It would be real nice if there was a way we could

a) pick what we want on the HUD display(s)

B) select what format and precision for data display(s) sometimes need a very detailed x,xxx.xxxx???? m/s to establish keosync orbits and others that dont wander out of position.

A really excellent mod that is one of my 'must have's'.......

thanks.

VOID has been updated to version 0.9.19! This version updates the Kerbal Engineer Redux code to KER 0.6.2.0, fixing some display bugs in the editor and adding support for multi mode engines (e.g. RAPIER).

CHANGELOG:

v.0.9.19 [2013-12-20]
* Updated KER libraries for 0.23 compatibility improvements.
* Back-end changes in ToolbarButtonWrapper.

can you add to the heads up display what position you're at - like 'upper atmosphere', 'flying over' etc.

Hmm, good thought. I'll get that in the next version.

Thanks, I had missed the post for the "P". really great stuff for a really great mod.

Just in case there remains any ambiguity, configurable-precision values are denoted with a small superscript "i" at the end of the label as of 0.9.14. They will respond to right- and left-clicks anywhere on their row to cycle backward and forward through the available precision levels.

how to show standard kerbal engineer table in VAB/SPH (the one with all the masses, twr, time of each stage and planets)?

have both mods installed and just placing kerbal engineer part doesn't show this table like it did before...

Edited by gendalf

how to show standard kerbal engineer table in VAB/SPH (the one with all the masses, twr, time of each stage and planets)?

have both mods installed and just placing kerbal engineer part doesn't show this table like it did before...

I haven't tested VOID with Kerbal Engineer, and it doesn't surprise me that something breaks. I'll try to take a look at that in the next week or so.

Hey toadicus,

i love your mod, especialy the headup display, very good idea.

Just a suggestion : Can you add a close button on each window. Only the Rendez vous window has one currently.

Glad you like it! I'll think about the close buttons... I'm not sure I could do that and keep the windows looking "clean" at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I use KER 6.2.2 (latest) and don't have a problem with VOID.

I use modular manager to put KER on all pods, but tried adding KER to a ship without a pod and did not get any errors/display issues. I recall having an error similar to the above, but it went away as started updating mods for .23. Assume it was a built for .22 vs .23 issue.

---

Just want to say again I love VOID. Helped me fix up a triangle constellation of remotetech satellites tonight.

Used the rendezvous info page to get each satellite equidistant to each-other and the orbital information panel to get their orbital period synced down to the meter! Can you put more orbital information on rendezvous info panel? Not sure it would mean anything for rendezvous, but seeing the local Sidereal Longitude would be another way to confirm their spacing (ideally they would be 120.000 degrees apart).

Probably not intended, but being able to see the stats for the actual selected target and a satellite selected in the register was very helpful.

Crazy stable now, tested a full year at 100,000 warp and these 3 on just under a 2 hour orbit had almost no change.

Shots in this thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64457-RemoteTech-Comm-Relay-Getting-Angle-of-Seperation-right

Quick Question Toadicus, would it be possible to get intake air required or something of that sort added to the vessel information screen? I am trying to get VOID to replace using mechjeb at all and this would be one piece of very useful information when flying spaceplanes.

Ok, here's something that would be handy. I like making balanced a-symmetrical crafts. In the VAB, the visual "CG" and "Center of thrust" markers aren't really good enough to center things up. Can you add some sort of display in the VAB to show the distance between the CG and the thrust vector? Maybe some components or something? Thanks again for this great non-game-breaking mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Well! Since Scott Manley used this in a video yesterday (thanks Scott!), I guess I should dust off the thread and give an update.

First: I'm sorry I haven't got the scriptable panel done yet. To be completely frank, it's a big project for me and requires that I cultivate some new skills, and between a family, a day job, and moonlighting as a web designer I just haven't had a long, consecutive chunk of time to sit down and hammer out how to do it right. It's still on my "TODO" list and I have made some progress on the language internally. Thanks for your patience!

I use KER 6.2.2 (latest) and don't have a problem with VOID.

I use modular manager to put KER on all pods, but tried adding KER to a ship without a pod and did not get any errors/display issues. I recall having an error similar to the above, but it went away as started updating mods for .23. Assume it was a built for .22 vs .23 issue.

---

Just want to say again I love VOID. Helped me fix up a triangle constellation of remotetech satellites tonight.

Used the rendezvous info page to get each satellite equidistant to each-other and the orbital information panel to get their orbital period synced down to the meter! Can you put more orbital information on rendezvous info panel? Not sure it would mean anything for rendezvous, but seeing the local Sidereal Longitude would be another way to confirm their spacing (ideally they would be 120.000 degrees apart).

Probably not intended, but being able to see the stats for the actual selected target and a satellite selected in the register was very helpful.

Crazy stable now, tested a full year at 100,000 warp and these 3 on just under a 2 hour orbit had almost no change.

Shots in this thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64457-RemoteTech-Comm-Relay-Getting-Angle-of-Seperation-right

Glad it works well for you! I've done something similar with a 24-sat, 6-plane comms constellation; VOID was definitely essential in getting that right!

There is a problem with the latest version of VOID. Im seeing very DIfferent ship masses in the VAB than after launch. And often in the VAB it says mass not available.

I depend on KerbalEngineer code for all of the mass calcs; there have been similar reports over in the KER thread. I've had a quick review of the KER code and don't any big discrepancies. I'll try to get with cybutek and see if he has an answer, or if we can find a fix.

Quick Question Toadicus, would it be possible to get intake air required or something of that sort added to the vessel information screen? I am trying to get VOID to replace using mechjeb at all and this would be one piece of very useful information when flying spaceplanes.

I believe I have that working internally. I've never used MechJeb nor seen the intake air requirement line you're talking about, but I've put together a little something that should give you a reasonable indication of your intake air balance.

Ok, here's something that would be handy. I like making balanced a-symmetrical crafts. In the VAB, the visual "CG" and "Center of thrust" markers aren't really good enough to center things up. Can you add some sort of display in the VAB to show the distance between the CG and the thrust vector? Maybe some components or something? Thanks again for this great non-game-breaking mod!

I've taken a quick look in to this; I think I have a way forward. We'll see what the weekend brings. ;)

VOID has been updated to version 0.9.20! This version adds a few "recent" requests.

CHANGELOG:

v.0.9.20 [2014-01-26]
* VOID_Rendezvous: Fixed the LSL indication in target orbital info to display the target's LSL, not the current vessel's.
* VOID_EditorHUD: Added a thrust offset indicator to the in-editor HUD. This appears only when the CoM and CoT icons are enabled in the editor.
* VOID_HUD: Added "Experiment Situation" entry (e.g. "Near In Space", "Flying", etc.) to the in-flight HUD.
* Updated KER libraries to 0.6.2.3.
* ToolbarButtonWrapper: Updated to latest Toolbar IButton API.