What's your favorite OS?

JupiterII

What's your fav OS?  

1,582 members have voted

1. 1. What's your fav OS?

I have both a Mac and some PCs, all of them dual booting with Ubuntu/Mint and I must say that I prefer...

None of them

When using windows PC I get 4 or 5 games I can\'t play on the Mac, viruses and stupid slowness because it feels like taking a whole minute to login. At least I can play games with good FPS there.

On the mac things are different, everything is freaking fast and works but I miss MS Paint (really.) and some other software. Also I hate when people buy mac just for the looks. 2000$ facebook machines are evil.

And when I get to linux, tired of those, and I find 142 new updates available, gnome crashing on me, mgse leaving me without interface and making me lose 1 hour tinkering with terminal until I get BUTTONS... It\'s a bit frustrating.

In hardware stuff it performs well, except from one of the laptops where I tried ubuntu that it didn\'t want to connect to any wifi.

Sure it may have a workaround but... (and this is one of the reasons linux isn\'t very popular) people often don\'t try to fix stuff

At least it makes the thing work while windows is being dumb.

PD: Vista should self destroy in a few years

I have. The false feeling of security it gives it\'s very pleasing. Also, yesterday I noticed I had been 1 month without it because an update _broke it_

Mostly when I get a virus I format. Easier, probably faster and I make entirely sure that I got rid of it (that has only happened 3 times, thanks to noscript and others)

Mine also goes fast. But it could be faster, and stop deleting my folder view preferencies, having crapware I cannot unninstall and reloading icon cache every boot.

Yes. Windows is a programmers operating system. Mac is good for videos, photos, sound, noobs (they don\'t slow down and get clogged up).

I don\'t agree. A programmers OS is the OS that the programmer like. Some devs like Windows, some like Linux and some like Mac. You can\'t say that a specific OS is for programmers.

Windows all the way here. I really dislike how MacOS doesn\'t do full-screen properly (everything floats, it drives me crazy), and I don\'t have the patience to set up a proper, functional Linux install.

Vista was crud, yes, but thankfully 7 came along in not too long. :)

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.