HMV Plays KSP! New series for 1.2: PreRelease!

Superfluous J

Funny how I missed LiveStream last week.

Funny because I was IN youtube refreshing it ever 5 minutes, and I never saw it go by. I even stayed up for one more hour in the hope it was just late... Then I realized it was at 9pm est and not PST. my bad... Those awkward moments when you realize after that you were just dumb.

PS: are you going to put the live stream up as a video upload ? I'd love to see what I missed !

Loving the series so far. I hope that with these many mods in *32, you don't run out of memory.

~~

I keep repeating myself, but *64 is long overdue for this game... I want to run the best textures 1/10th RSS with many mods ! Soon I guess.

If my schedule stays as busy as it is, I just may do it in 2 parts in lieu of actual episodes because I'm having the durndest time finding time to play lately. But I'll warn you, the quality is very bad. Both sound and video.

I do run out of memory. I can only play for 90 minutes to 2 hours. Luckily for me, that's usually about as much as I play anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm kicking off 1.0 right*, with a new series! In KSP Contractor I'll be focusing on contracts - both stock and modded. My mantra in this series is, I won't do nuttin unless I'm gettin' paid!

Check out episode 1 below, or

!

*I also grammar right.

Watched, liked, subscribed, and all those things.

Also, anytime I see your new name, I can't help but think of this:

mWTBj7d.png

Edit: sigh.... Mobile derpy, fix later

Edit2: There we go, didn't have the png extension, duh. Anyway, HMV is a record store in Canada (although it looks like they sell a lot of other junk now, since nobody buys music on physical media anymore).

Edited by nightingale

Watched, liked, subscribed, and all those things.

Also, anytime I see your new name, I can't help but think of this:

Yeah I saw that, after I'd made my logo and intro sequence. I'm just glad they don't have a similar logo to me :D

That's what I get for not having TV, not going to malls, and not living in Canada.

And thanks for the contract pack. I have done a stock tourism contract and that's all I feel I need to do of those, so a modded one is exactly what the doctor ordered. Checking it out now.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I need to install something. I just haven't gotten around to one of those yet.

I hate to say it, but I'll probably go with Contracts Window +. I just love being able to hide and sort them.

I'm hardly offended, Contracts Window + offers tons of functionality that mine doesn't. I was just thinking that perhaps you perhaps preferred the stock look/simplicity and might not be aware of Wider Contracts App. :)

I'm hardly offended, Contracts Window + offers tons of functionality that mine doesn't. I was just thinking that perhaps you perhaps preferred the stock look/simplicity and might not be aware of Wider Contracts App. :)

I wasn't aware of it, but I'm not a huge fan of the regular window. I'm simply lazy and it didn't bother me enough to change :D

I love the series. Through you I found out about Precise Node. I just have one issue. It functions completely fine in sandbox mode but it will not work in career mode. I have tried verifying cache and doing a completely clean install with no results. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Hey there HMV - any chance of sharing your config for Regex's KSC Switcher? You mentioned you'd tweaked it in

(the first one; you have two ;)) of your contractor series, and it looks like exactly what I've been wanting. Think I'm running every contract pack there is, but the missions that send me around the entire world for minimal reward are a bit ensaddening.

Figure it should be pretty light on the memory footprint too, since it won't need to add any models or textures (I liked KerbinSide, but it's just too meaty to have in a modded install).

Sure. Regex's stuff is open licensed and he gave his permission (which was unneded but I still like to have it) but I've not heard from Cydonian Monk yet. So, I've stripped his config out of this file. However, if you open up this file and take the file you can download from the below quoted post, it's easy to just copy/paste the stuff from there into the file. Sorry about the extra work but I'm a stickler for permissions :)

Anyway, my file can be downloaded here: [defunct site link removed by moderator]

I should really just get around to making a modulemanager config for it but I'm *so* *lazy*

Cydonian Monk said:
I've not updated the config yet for the new version of KSCSwitcher (as I've not yet had time to set it up), but here are the launch sites I was using from 0.24 through 0.90:

http://0div0.org/files/LaunchSites.cfg

Awesome, thanks HMV :)

I

k2xthna.jpg
, but I have Nightingale's field science contract pack too, and it keeps sending me to weird places like splashing down in a desert... with the right plane and the right launch pad, that should be easier now ^^

• 1 month later...
It's too bad the 1.7.x release of Contract Configurator has been taking me so long to get finalized, since I have an update in the pipe for Anomaly Surveyor with a new "end of game" screen:

http://i.imgur.com/4GI1vKz.png

Haha that would be awesome.

I must admit, with the bugginess of this game my first thought was "Creeping NaNs" :D But then when I started teleporting into somewhat view-favorable trajectories I figured it must be you.

Haha that would be awesome.

I must admit, with the bugginess of this game my first thought was "Creeping NaNs" :D But then when I started teleporting into somewhat view-favorable trajectories I figured it must be you.

Yeah, that first kick out of Jool feels just like a NaN bug... I tried to make sure it progressed pretty quickly into it so people don't instantly quickload. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.