SFS file deleted my save

... I was hitting F9 to load a previous save and then noticed these SFS files came up, so I clicked on one of the scenarios had some fun then wanted to go back to my world but.. Its been replaced with the stupid SFS file! Can anyone help me?

Perhaps you should clarify what you are talking about. To be really honest, I didn't understand it.

If you hold down F9 it opens a menu with some scenarios you can load. They are called SFS files. If you click one it will load you into a scenario eg. About to hit the mun better save yourself. I loaded one cause Ive never seen these before and it deleted the save I was on.

Yes if you hit F9 you can play a few KSP Scenario Missions. They are like the training missions. These were made by the developers.. Not sure if they are ready though for prime time.. And in your case, they deleted you persistent file.

But I will see if I can help.. In your save folder you might have a file called quicksave.sfs. It should be located in the save folder. Should be named what you named you saved game when started. If you have this file in that folder you can change the name to persistent.sfs and you should be all set.

Now a question. The Scenario saves should be saving into the Scenario save folder I would think..Not your save folder you made for your current game.. Are you sure your checking the right folders?

Yes if you hit F9 you can play a few KSP Scenario Missions. They are like the training missions. These were made by the developers.. Not sure if they are ready though for prime time.. And in your case, they deleted you persistent file.

But I will see if I can help.. In your save folder you might have a file called quicksave.sfs. It should be located in the save folder. Should be named what you named you saved game when started. If you have this file in that folder you can change the name to persistent.sfs and you should be all set.

Now a question. The Scenario saves should be saving into the Scenario save folder I would think..Not your save folder you made for your current game.. Are you sure your checking the right folders?

When I hit resume game and load it up it will be named what I named it (eg. E.S.X) but it will load the SFS.

However, the technique you suggested above DID work, thank you!

Caution to anyone else using SFS files, they'll delete your save!

First off Odo, please wait for replies rather than asking again within an hour. It's understandable that you might be stressed/frustrated/upset but be patient when waiting for replies.

Second, that menu shouldn't come up on F9, it doesn't on my game with default keybinds anyway, it comes up on Alt-F9. I haven't tested the load functionality from there myself as they're available through the start menu with reset functions. They won't as such delete your saves, at least if used correctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.