Simple method of editing .mbm files?

Tassyr

So, I wanted to try and edit a part's texture- but I can't figure out how to get things out, and frankly don't trust myself to hexedit and not totally fry what I'm working on. Is there a SIMPLE converter?

And if it's such a proprietary pain, why is squad using this odd format? Is there a special benefit to it? o.O

I've been using GIMP to convert it to a common texture format. Open the texture as RAW, and use an offset of 20 bytes for the header. You'll need to figure out the image dimensions and format, but it should be pretty simple: a 4MB file is a 1,024 x 1,024 RGBA image. 3MB is 1,024 x 1,024 RGB (no alpha).

Well, that's... hm. Is there any easier method where I don't have to figure out dimensions and format, and just hit 'convert' or something? I may have kinda possibly corrupted what I was working on.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.