[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

I seem to be having some problems with this mod. All of the large station parts appear in the tech tree (zooligy bay, science lab, cyclotron, spectrometron), but none of the experiment modules appear. I have painstakingly built a space station on orbit, but can't perform any science on it! Anybody know what might cause this or how to remedy it? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hello, all : )

Hope this has been discussed and someone can point me to one of these 63 pages where this is solved. Anyways...

I have a problem here - the contracts don't show up. I thought it might be a mod conflict (though I know different mods offering different contracts should not conflict). I eliminated other contract mods (well, except for NASAmission, which is just another one like that.) Right now I am using cosmetic mods, here's the list:

AviationLights

BoulderCo (CityLights, Clouds)

EnhancedNavBall (the problem existed before I installed this one)

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

JSI (RasterPropMonitor and others) (the problem existed before I installed this one)

KAS

Kethane (the problem existed before I installed this one)

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

MechJeb2 Embedded by Dennis6492

NASAmission (a contract mod, eh?)

PlanetShine (the problem existed before I installed this one)

ProceduralFairings

SCANsat

Squad (erm.. obviously)

StageRecovery

StationScience

ThunderAerospace

TweakScale

and of course, ModuleManager.2.5.1.dll

So there. I have all the parts available (those that I have unlocked) - I have the science station, the (already) regular clampotrons, I have bought (as a prototype) the science station. I have passed the "orbit Kerbin" tasks. Still, no contracts as to "get a science station to orbit" or such. Am I missing something? Do I have to launch the main segment on my own for the contracts on docking more labs/ delivering/deorbiting experiments to show up?

I love the concept and I am very grateful to the fella who just sat down and wrote the thing : ) Now I want to use it. Please help : )

Thanks ethernet for this awesome mod. It makes for great new goals. Currently building my first station in orbit around the Mun. Never felt the need to do that before without this mod. This truly should be stock if you ask me

I seem to be having some problems with this mod. All of the large station parts appear in the tech tree (zooligy bay, science lab, cyclotron, spectrometron), but none of the experiment modules appear. I have painstakingly built a space station on orbit, but can't perform any science on it! Anybody know what might cause this or how to remedy it? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Sounds like you have the StationScience folder on the wrong place. It must be immediately under GameData.

Not sure on the contracts issue yet. Will look into it.

First things first. This mod is awesome. The additional dynamics it adds to the game are priceless. That being said, I can't figure out how to do anything, except analyze a surface sample. How do I get the science lab to generate eurekas?

Deep%2Bspace%2B7.png

Edited by uzumakicho
wrong link for picture

Twice in a row now I landed the pods, got the science points, but had the contracts not trip.

EDIT: kept a quicksave of the second time this happened

EDIT 2: it's not completely broken. A second attempt at one of the contracts has succeeded. Trying the other one again as well now.

Edited by Jirnsum

First things first. This mod is awesome. The additional dynamics it adds to the game are priceless. That being said, I can't figure out how to do anything, except analyze a surface sample. How do I get the science lab to generate eurekas?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cx1GuI0VciM/VGjkBe7aldI/AAAAAAAAAAM/PywOgdMnF_g/s1600/Deep%2Bspace%2B7.png

Do you have experiment pods attached? I can't tell for sure from your screenshot. If they're not in your part list, make sure the StationScience folder is directly under the GameData directory. Once you have them docked, you need to right click one to start an experiment.

Twice in a row now I landed the pods, got the science points, but had the contracts not trip.

EDIT: kept a quicksave of the second time this happened

EDIT 2: it's not completely broken. A second attempt at one of the contracts has succeeded. Trying the other one again as well now.

Can you send me your quicksave?

Do you have experiment pods attached? I can't tell for sure from your screenshot. If they're not in your part list, make sure the StationScience folder is directly under the GameData directory. Once you have them docked, you need to right click one to start an experiment.

Yes, on both accounts, you can see exactly what I've done here, http://whatimdoingwithmyatp.blogspot.com/

Yes, on both accounts, you can see exactly what I've done here, http://whatimdoingwithmyatp.blogspot.com/

Try to rightclick a pod as ethernet wrote. Once you start an experiment, eurekas are generated (if your lab is manned and has some power). Same with cyclotron and the zoo, they only generate the resources needed by the experiments when an experiment is running.

Eurekas take a long time, try timewarp once you started the experiment and observe the resources, you should see them building up slowly.

The cyclotron works fast, those quarks should fill up very quickly but they need a lot of power.

Btw, that station looks cool :)

I usually launch my stations without the experiments. Those are brought later by a SSTO, they fit nicely in the new cargo bays. The SSTO docks, runs all experiments and then returns to KSC. Saves the hassle to land each pod individually.

Are any of these mods incompatible with Station Science? I've put a cyclotron etc into orbit but I can't find "experiment pods" anywhere in the tech tree!

http://i.imgur.com/mLrKY6g.jpg

Look in the Stationscience-1.3.1 folder. There's a probably a GameData folder in there, with a StationScience folder inside that. It's that final folder that should be in the Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ folder

@ethernet: PM'd you a dropbox link with the quicksave file

Edited by Jirnsum

For one reason or another, my Eureka's don't seem to get stored, is there anyone who knows what's going on?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you're able to start experiments (right click a pod, Start Experiment), and see the 0/50 Eureka "tank", but nothing accumulates into it? What does the status of your Science Lab say (right click it)? Is it manned?

I have some questions:

- Can I collect finished experiments with a kerbal and then return the Kerbal back to kerbin or do I need to bring the module with the experiment inside to complete a contract?

- Why do some experiments stop gaining kuarks after reaching certain amount.

- Why can I colect data with a kerbal from some experiments but in other I just have the option to throw away results?

I have some questions:

- Can I collect finished experiments with a kerbal and then return the Kerbal back to kerbin or do I need to bring the module with the experiment inside to complete a contract?

- Why do some experiments stop gaining kuarks after reaching certain amount.

- Why can I colect data with a kerbal from some experiments but in other I just have the option to throw away results?

You can collect some of the experiments. Only the ones that don't require Bioproducts (since you're supposed to bring the Bioproducts back for study). However, to complete contracts, you must bring back the experiment pod. This is noted in the contract text.

If you stop gaining Kuarqs, you're probably actually hitting the point where your production rate is slower than the decay rate (since decay is based on half-life, the decay rate-per-second increases the more Kuarqs you have). In particular, the highest level Kuarq experiment (Eccentric Kuarqs) requires two Cyclotrons. This is detailed in the thread OP. If your power generation is lacking (can't keep your Cyclotron going continuously), you might have difficulty with Retrograde Kuarqs as well.

Hi All,

First post to the Forum!!! :-) I've been a long time lurker but never posted or registered up until this point.

Firstly, I just stumbled onto this mod after watching the Scott Manley video and immediately downloaded it (It is awesome, thanks Ethernet!!); but I wonder whether any of you kind folks could give me some pointers with adding this mod/plugin to other parts?

I'd like if possible to create a Module Manager file to add this mod into the Kerbal Shuttle Orbiter System space station parts (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-25-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-09/page116); there is a labratory and hydroponics lab which I'd love to use with my game but for the life of me I just can't seem to work out how to do it.

I've looked at the CFG's of Ethernet's parts and can see Module entries in them, is it these I add into the MM file??

If someone could give me an example or point me in the right direction that would be great!!! I'm slowly reading my way through the KSOS post's to see if anyone has done this previously and of course trying to get my head around the MM forum post as well.

Hopefully, someone could point me in the right direction....

Thanks

Matt

How do I install this? I'm totally incapable to install any mod that hasn't one single, simple GameData folder to copy. ;) Please help, I wanna try this out too! :D

Just added a GameData folder, so if you redownload, you should have no problem installing. Meant to have one, but apparently mispackaged the zip on the last update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.