[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

Hmm I tried to start the game and it kept loading forever. I deleted the .zip file (the "Oldparts" one) and tried again. Now it loads but crashes always. :| Is it compatible with all those mods I have? :

w9WSJ9UT8u NAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

It's always so annoying to find the problem with so many mods... :confused:

Edited by Konny_K

Did it load the picture? Here's the list again:

Station Science

DockingPortAlignment_4.0

PlanetShine-0.2.2

EvaFollower-1.031

NEBULA_EVA_handrails_pack-1.1

KerbalEngineer 1.0.11.3

DarkMultiplayer_Client-v0.1.6.2

KerbinSide-0.39

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-4

Astronomer's Visuual Pack - Edge of Oblivion

TacLifeSupport_0.10.1.13

SCANsat-v8.0

Kerbal_Mechanics_Part_Failures_and_Repairs-0.4.2

Kerbal_Alarm_Clock-3.0.4.0

Camera_Tools-1.1

KerbQuake_continued-v1.2.1

Chatterer-0.7.1

ProcFairings_3.10

Magic_Smoke_Industries_Infernal_Robotics-0.19.2

EditorExtensions_v1.4

Neophytes_Elementary_Aerodynamics_Replacement-v1.2.1

DeadlyReentry_v6.1

Time_Control-13.2

Fine_Print-0.59

KAS_0.4.8

Those are the .zip filenames :)

So, NEAR was the problem. I tried the original(Ferram Aerospace) but it still didn't work. Nevertheless I chose StationScience instead. Hopefully this incompatibility is soon fixed. Thanks! ;D

I have not updated Station Science to 1.3.1 yet, so i use 1.3 only, but i also use NEAR and have not encountered any issues. I do have occasional crashes but not located the origin yet. They tend to happen when docking/changing ship views etc but a standard launch and return has no problems...

Hey first of all great mod, thanks a lot.

Second of all, I know this has been posted as an issue a number of times prior to my post, but nobody has found (or even if they did, posted) a fix for this so here goes: I just got the first contract for this mod, which was to complete the plant growth experiment in orbit around Kerbin. So I put together a spacecraft including the science lab thingy, and the plant bay thingy. However once I reached a fairly circular orbit around 100K meters, I found that no Eurekas were being generated. Yes the lab was manned and yes it did say operational, and yes I started the experiment but zilch.

So what do you guys reckon?

NOTE: I am obviously running some other mods as well, most notably: FAR, Interstellar, RemoteTech2, KAS, IR, RPM, SCANsat...

I cant seem to find a .cfg file to edit the contracts?? I would like to lower their rewards.

There is currently no way to alter contract rewards for Station Science specifically, without modifying the plugin. I may add this in the release for KSP v0.90

Hey first of all great mod, thanks a lot.

Second of all, I know this has been posted as an issue a number of times prior to my post, but nobody has found (or even if they did, posted) a fix for this so here goes: I just got the first contract for this mod, which was to complete the plant growth experiment in orbit around Kerbin. So I put together a spacecraft including the science lab thingy, and the plant bay thingy. However once I reached a fairly circular orbit around 100K meters, I found that no Eurekas were being generated. Yes the lab was manned and yes it did say operational, and yes I started the experiment but zilch.

So what do you guys reckon?

NOTE: I am obviously running some other mods as well, most notably: FAR, Interstellar, RemoteTech2, KAS, IR, RPM, SCANsat...

Are you running both the latest KSP (0.25), and the latest version of this mod (1.3.1)? There have been a number of incompatible version issues that would cause this problem.

Do you see any errors in the log (alt-F2)? If so, please send me your output_log.txt from your KSP_Data folder.

Edited by ethernet

So, NEAR was the problem. I tried the original(Ferram Aerospace) but it still didn't work. Nevertheless I chose StationScience instead. Hopefully this incompatibility is soon fixed. Thanks! ;D

I run StationScience with FAR and a boatload of other mods. No problem. So, it might not be NEAR/FAR. Just a thought.

Hi!

I love the idea of this mod! however, i do have a problem here: instead of the finalize, get a "deploy" button.

Are there any known conflicts with other mods that might cause this?

List of mods:

[x]Science

B9 Aerospace

Better Atmospheres (+ its requirements)

Chatterer

Contracts Window +

Deadly reentry

Docking Port Alignment

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Vanguard Technologies EVA parachutes

FAR

Final Frontier

Fine Print

Fusebox

Karbonite

KAS

Kerbal constrution Time

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Alternate Resource Panel

Interstellar

MAgic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics

MKS

Part Catalog

Precise Node

Procedural Wings

Procedural Fairings

RCS build Aid

Real Chute

Remote Tech

SCAN Sat

Ship Manifest

Stage Recovery

Station Sience (obviously.. ^^)

TAC Fuel Balancer

TAC Life support

Trajectories

Universal Storage

Active Texture Management

I encountered a bug with the contract system. I had a contract to get plant growth data from space above kerbin. So I set up the science lab, waited the 50 in game hours for the experiment to create itself, finalised the results and de-orbited the collection vehicle.

After I picked up a kerbal from space on the way down, I moved the experiment (using the take experiment button) and took it inside the capsule. When I land and recover, I get the science from the experiment, but the contract does not complete itself. I currently have 40,000 credits left, no way near enough to reliably send another experiment up.

Does anyone know why this happened? do I have to keep the data inside the science module to get the contract?

I encountered a bug with the contract system. I had a contract to get plant growth data from space above kerbin. So I set up the science lab, waited the 50 in game hours for the experiment to create itself, finalised the results and de-orbited the collection vehicle.

After I picked up a kerbal from space on the way down, I moved the experiment (using the take experiment button) and took it inside the capsule. When I land and recover, I get the science from the experiment, but the contract does not complete itself. I currently have 40,000 credits left, no way near enough to reliably send another experiment up.

Does anyone know why this happened? do I have to keep the data inside the science module to get the contract?

Yes, you must deliver the pod itself, with the data inside, to complete the contract. Rereading it, I guess leaving the data inside isn't strictly specified in the contract description. Will add it in the next release.

If you want, you can manually complete the contract using the debug menu (alt-F12). There's a contracts section that lets you complete active contracts.

Hey, Ethernet. I caught myself asking it to my monitor screen, so, just out of curiosity, I'll ask you:

Is the kibbal resource designed to be that heavy? Like, way heavier (4000% heavier) than liquid fuel?

I had some failed launches and a big financial loss today, when trying to get three kibbal tanks to space. Basically, due to lack of dV, although a considerably big rocket was built for that.

So, I took the liberty to change some values myself and make things lighter:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Kibbal
[B]density = .04[/B]
unitcost = 1
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
[B]isTweakable = true[/B]
}

Now, my kibbal is 80% lighter - just a bit heavier than the LF+Oxi mix -, plus I got the ability to select how much kibbal I want to fill my containers with, in the VAB.

What are your thoughts about it? Am I cheating? Is it a good idea?

Take care! :)

Edited by Kowgan

Hi all!

I have a question for you guys: when a StationScience contract wants you to run an experiment ( plant growing etc. ) and return the data, does it mean that you actually have to recover that vessel?

I mean, do I have to deorbit the whole module and recover it at Kerbin, or can I just transmit the data/collect it with a Kerbal and go back to the ground?

As usual recovering on Kerbins surface rewards you with the most science. And as usual you can also transmit for a reduced amount. But this does leave your experiment inoperable and you'll need a regular lab to clean/reset it before you can use it again.

I have tried but was unable to remove the data on EVA.

As usual recovering on Kerbins surface rewards you with the most science. And as usual you can also transmit for a reduced amount. But this does leave your experiment inoperable and you'll need a regular lab to clean/reset it before you can use it again.

I have tried but was unable to remove the data on EVA.

So, will I fulfil the contract by only transmitting?

Since I am already on my way to exchange experiments on my science station I'll give it a try just to be sure for once and for all.

I'll let you know the results ASAP.

Edit: Transmitting did NOT complete the contract! Not sure if it gave the science points since I had already received the points a previous time.

I however was correct it renders the experiment inoperable and has to be cleaned/reset.

Edited by Tex_NL

Since I am already on my way to exchange experiments on my science station I'll give it a try just to be sure for once and for all.

I'll let you know the results ASAP.

Edit: Transmitting did NOT complete the contract! Not sure if it gave the science points since I had already received the points a previous time.

I however was correct it renders the experiment inoperable and has to be cleaned/reset.

You have to bring the Plant Growth experiment part back down to Kerbin to complete the contract.

You can get the science via "Take experiment" or transmitting.. but the contract requires the part to return to Kerbin and be recovered.

For that reason I just make a small recoverable ship with the experiment attached.. it launches, docks, sits for 50 hours, then undocks and returns to Kerbin.

Now, my kibbal is 80% lighter - just a bit heavier than the LF+Oxi mix -, plus I got the ability to select how much kibbal I want to fill my containers with, in the VAB.

I also modified the Kibbal resource to make it tweakable, but via ModuleManager config:

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Kibbal]
{
isTweakable = true
}

You could add your density fix in there too:

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Kibbal]
{
density = .04
isTweakable = true
}

Just save that in Notepad as "kibbal.cfg" and put it in your GameData folder. Then when you update the StationScience mod, your tweaks won't get overwritten.

Note that if you have a ship already built, you need to delete the Kibbal part and add it back before it will become tweakable.

Whether it's cheating or not is up to you. Personally I suppose the crazy high masses for the station parts and the Kibbal is part of the balancing of the mod. I mean the Zoology bay is 15 t and the Cyclotron is 35 t, so Kibbal also being ridiculously heavy fits the theme.

I made the Kibbal tweakable because I wanted to launch the Zoology bay without any Kibbal, and then fly up supply missions. I don't consider that cheating - just common sense. Now I send a Kibbal Jr. with every "Creature Comforts" experiment and occasionally send a large Kibbal container as resupply.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.