[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

Indeed. This is also why it's taking a little while to get this updated. Lots of things to fix, and I didn't have much time until recently. Should be out by the end of the weekend.

Excellent news. I miss piling up outrageous numbers of SRBs to send cyclotrons into the sky.

Thx for your fast answers! The space station building part of KSP isn`t the same without the science modules. It can be really boring just building a fuel station. I use the orbital and the fuel science mods, too, which are based on this mod. Will they be changed by you too, or not? Because there`s th same bug.

I see the DMagic Orbital Science mod at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64972, to what other mod were you referring about fuel science? Sounds interesting.

I see the DMagic Orbital Science mod at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64972, to what other mod were you referring about fuel science? Sounds interesting.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67359-0-23-5-Fuel-Science-v0-4-Balance-out-that-tech-tree%21

Looks like it's abandoned. It was a little much for me anyways, Orbital Science and Station Science added enough.

@MisterFister: Advacar posted the link i ment. I adds 3 experiments you can run at your science lab. You Need the Station science mod to play it. I added it because i love to generate science Points and run experiments. It`s so much fun building up huge space stations and with the contract System it makes sense to do it.

Edit.: It`s not Orbital Science i use, it`s Nehemiah Engineering - Orbital Material Science. Ist is not based on StatSci, but it ads an other science lab and experiments.

Edited by Cmd-Ceaten

The issue i'm having with the mod is i can not get the modules to research anything. They all say either Operational or "start research" but nothing happens and they're not showing any stats when selected.

http://i.imgur.com/MydRAme.jpg

Have same issue now.

Have only Engineers in Lab and Vessel, all others Kerbs are busy.

Possible that this is the reason of blocked research?

^^ ok so I'm not the only one who is having this issue of not being able to research :) I even went so far as to move my lab out to 250 KM orbit cuz I thought that was the issue.

Have same issue now.

Getting the same, i'm thinking its the mod itself though. Maybe someone can test with some scientists to see. Until then I guess we wait!

Have same issue now.

This version does not work in 1.0. There are a variety of compatibility issues I'm still working to fix.

This version does not work in 1.0. There are a variety of compatibility issues I'm still working to fix.

Hey man how's it coming? I'm guessing you have either been busy or hit a roadblock. I hope all is well. Thank you for your hard work!

Just to add my own praise, awesome mod, this always gave me an actually useful science station (even though they upped the use of the stock lab atm).

Whatever snag you are hitting atm (time/problem-wise), just keep up the good work. Looking at previous posts it's obvious I'm not the only one that feels this is one of the core mods that adds depth to the game.

So whatever time it takes, looking forward to making awesome functional science stations again :)

Sorry if this is a stupid question (only been playing KSP for a few days) I'm attempted to put the Sci Lab from this mod up, controls in space have been reversed. When I check in VAB its orientation is correct, however the report stated it was wrong due to the lab.

I've tried to switch it around but its still reversed.

I've noticed the mod is due for an update to resolve some issues with the recent release of the game, is this one of those issues, or am i doing something stupid? :)

Thanks

I've noticed the mod is due for an update to resolve some issues with the recent release of the game, is this one of those issues, or am i doing something stupid? :)

There are no stupid questions here.

Take it from me, I've asked some doozies in the past few days and everyone here seems so helpful.

I'm nowhere near a modder, but it would seem that most of these mods "break" after an update.

Your best bet, as suggested to me by someone, is to use CKAN and load your mods that way.

It's like the mod loader I've used for games like Fallout and Skyrim and will install the mods in the correct place for you and also inform you of updates when available (using the Filter)

Also "following" mods will get you email notifications when the mod is updated

Edited by iDisOrder
added link to CKAN on the forums

Used this mod very much in 0.90. There was all fine with it.

Station Science is not ready for Version 1.0.x.

Poor, cause i have a couple of contracts and can not activate the Labs and Experiences.

in 6 years Kerbal Time (from 14) the contracts begin to fail. Then i go into bankruptcy.

Also the bottom part snapping in VAB is broken (Ok, that you can easily edit by yourself

in the configs.)

I hope and bet for an update soon.

Sorry if this is a stupid question (only been playing KSP for a few days) I'm attempted to put the Sci Lab from this mod up, controls in space have been reversed. When I check in VAB its orientation is correct, however the report stated it was wrong due to the lab.

I've tried to switch it around but its still reversed.

Thanks

By reversed controls you mean RCS and rocket direction/orientation right? Cause this (normally) has nothing to do with stationscience (or any mod that doesn't alter/edit any controls). Usually wrong orientation happens when you flipped part(s) of the ship in VAB that were (part of) a root node, mostly cause halfway through you wanted something to be flipped if it looks better, etc, you can see if this happens when you are on the launchpad and the navball isn't blue but brown, or when your North-line isn't pointing at the usual direction.

Easiest solution is to select a docking node or any other part (during or pre-flight) that has some 'control' functionality (pods, docking nodes, etc.), right click the part that is facing the right way and select 'control from here' this will notify the ship which way is forward and the controls should work the right way. This part doesn't even have to be on top or bottom, just has to face (in case of docking node) whatever you intend to be forward.

(tip, this can also help with docking if you want something to be docked in a 90 degree angle, select the docking port, control from here and you have basically 'flipped' the direction of your ship)

Version 1.5 has been released. Changes include:

• Support for v. 1.0 of KSP
  • Contract system now configurable via StationScience.cfg in StationScience directory
  • Spectrometron now works on all Science results, not just Surface Samples, but changes transmission quality to 90% (instead of the former 100%). It will not attempt to analyze results that already have a 90% or better transmission quality. Note that the Spectrometron will work on Station Science results; however all contracts still require recovering the experiment pod. Transmitting results, even those analyzed by the Spectrometron, will not satisfy Station Science contract requirements.
  • Science rewards from contracts dramatically reduced, to be in line with Stock contracts. This can be adjusted via StationScience.cfg.
  • Research Lab and Zoology Bay now count towards Base and Station contracts that ask for a research lab (i.e., in addition to the stock Mobile Processing Lab)
  • Now uses stock resource system, instead of my own version that largely duplicated this now stock functionality.
  • Removed the trickle science from Zoology Bay. Stock resource system doesn't support this like my previous resource system did, and it doesn't seem worthwhile to reimplement.
  • Removed Attach-O-Tron docking port, since the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. port is now so early in the tree. There's no need for me to provide my own early-tree port anymore.

I've added the following to the OP, but will repeat it here for visibility:

Regarding the Mobile Processing Lab

The stock Mobile Processing Lab now provides a long-term Science-gathering capability that bears some similarity to Station Science. It is, however, not well balanced. Once unlocked, it can provide infinite science without ever leaving the launch pad again, for no cost other than in-game-time, and the player's own patience. While this isn't a major problem in practice, given the self-directed sandbox nature of KSP even in Career mode, this is not something I can meaningfully balance Station Science against.

Therefore, I intend Station Science as an alternative to the stock MPL. Feel free to use the MPL, of course, but you may find Science too easy to come by if you use both.

Edited by ethernet

By reversed controls you mean RCS and rocket direction/orientation right? Cause this (normally) has nothing to do with stationscience (or any mod that doesn't alter/edit any controls). Usually wrong orientation happens when you flipped part(s) of the ship in VAB that were (part of) a root node, mostly cause halfway through you wanted something to be flipped if it looks better, etc, you can see if this happens when you are on the launchpad and the navball isn't blue but brown, or when your North-line isn't pointing at the usual direction.

Easiest solution is to select a docking node or any other part (during or pre-flight) that has some 'control' functionality (pods, docking nodes, etc.), right click the part that is facing the right way and select 'control from here' this will notify the ship which way is forward and the controls should work the right way. This part doesn't even have to be on top or bottom, just has to face (in case of docking node) whatever you intend to be forward.

(tip, this can also help with docking if you want something to be docked in a 90 degree angle, select the docking port, control from here and you have basically 'flipped' the direction of your ship)

Thanks sorted it :)

Yes it was the RCS controls reversed, it was showing the ground on the navball at launch and I didn't notice.

I had a docking port on the Lab which it was picking the orientation from (I assumed it would get it from the control module). I've put another docking port on now and its right way up.

1) Some parts has an insane amount of MaxTemp (Kibble Jr has 3000, for example)

2) There is a warning in log about all Station Science parts: "PartLoader Warning: Variable heatProduction not found in Part". No other mod gives this (and I use a bunch of part mods - KW, NP, MRS, SpaceY, Tantares).

Glad to see this updated -- my 1.0 career is now back to the functionality of .90!

Phone typing and can't yet check out the release --

Therefore, I intend Station Science as an alternative to the stock MPL. Feel free to use the MPL, of course, but you may find Science too easy to come by if you use both.

Have you considered an *optional* MM cfg that converts the MPL into a Station Science lab?

1) Some parts has an insane amount of MaxTemp (Kibble Jr has 3000, for example)

2) There is a warning in log about all Station Science parts: "PartLoader Warning: Variable heatProduction not found in Part". No other mod gives this (and I use a bunch of part mods - KW, NP, MRS, SpaceY, Tantares).

Fixed now; thanks!

Have you considered an *optional* MM cfg that converts the MPL into a Station Science lab?

I'll look into it.

Thanks for updating the mod.

Found bug in StnSciExperiment6 (Bioproducts) CFG file. The Research Cost is set to 50,000. I don't think so. I reset mine to 3600 to be in line with others.

Sidebar: although I already have three orbiting stations with the Lab/Zoology/Cyclotro, had to rebuy all pieces again, including the experiments. LOL

Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.