[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

@marineris: this is intentional. It shows whether the current vessel will finish the contract will complete if recovered. Otherwise, you might lose track of which vessel has which pod. It should still complete even if recovered while not focused (and thus, have things unchecked).

This is probably my favourite KSP mod ever, fantastic work on giving space stations a reason to exist and to expand!

I'm experiencing a bug that stops me from completing the experiment contracts though. I have a plant growth unit that launches and docks with my lab in orbit, and when I complete the experiment and finalise the results, everything in the contract is looking good -- all conditions except for 'recover at Kerbin' are checked green. When I undock my experiment though, the contract conditions reset as if I hadn't done any of it. I recover the unit on Kerbin, but get nothing.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this a bug?

Did you recover while focused on the vessel, or from the space center? Both should work, but they work differently behind the scenes. Do you have any save files showing the problem?

Hi everyone,

I have got a little problem(?) here. I have completed the plant growth experiment then returned it to the surface, recovered it and got 50 science. However I have completed the experiment for a second time and I have got no science at all, according to the report. If I don't remember it wrong, we were able to repeat the same experiment for several times, but for less science gain. Is it changed or am I missing something?

You get all the science for a pod itself once, up front. This has been the case for a long time, in this mod. Repetitions are supported by the contracts system.

@marineris: this is intentional. It shows whether the current vessel will finish the contract will complete if recovered. Otherwise, you might lose track of which vessel has which pod. It should still complete even if recovered while not focused (and thus, have things unchecked).

I tried two times. For the first test, the focus was lost during the experiment. After landing, i recoverd the vessel with the pod and the experiment by clicking on "recover vessel". I recovered the science points of the experiment, but the contract was not marked as accomplished. The second test was done without loosing focus on the ship. I recovered all the science points and the contract was marked as accomplished. Unfortunately I didn't keep the saves on my computer

Hi Ethernet - I have just discovered this mod as fairly new to the game. I am interested in installing but just want to check before I do that it is ok with 1.0.4?

Works fine in 1.0.4 as far as I can tell.

I tried two times. For the first test, the focus was lost during the experiment. After landing, i recoverd the vessel with the pod and the experiment by clicking on "recover vessel". I recovered the science points of the experiment, but the contract was not marked as accomplished. The second test was done without loosing focus on the ship. I recovered all the science points and the contract was marked as accomplished. Unfortunately I didn't keep the saves on my computer

I pretty much always switch focus when I test, so this is puzzling. Does it happen consistently? Can you make a quicksave before recovering, and send it to me?

Works fine in 1.0.4 as far as I can tell.

Yeah thanks - seems to be working fine - although I haven't been given any career contracts yet to send anything into Space for research purposes from your excellent Mod.

Edited by Pinchy

Hey, just had a bug where I completed Creature Comforts around Minmus, brought it back, recovered it and didn't have the contract complete. Earlier I did Plant Growth around Kerbin and it worked just fine.

Lots of things happened that might have interfered - many saves, docking, re-naming the station while docked - so I'm not sure specifically what did it. I did notice that if I just put Creature Comforts on a probe core and "launch" it, the contract doesn't acknowledge that I've completed that part of the objective.

How do I install this mod, the help file says to install everything from game data folder to game data folder. By there is no such folder there is just 2 folders one called "station science" and one called "source" Do I install one of these or both of them?

How do I install this mod, the help file says to install everything from game data folder to game data folder. By there is no such folder there is just 2 folders one called "station science" and one called "source" Do I install one of these or both of them?

Simply drop the StationScience folder into your KSP GameData Folder, then your done. (you dont need to do anything with the source folder)

Sorry for the double post.....

I dont appear to be getting any station science contracts. :(

Ive declined probably over several hundred contracts trying to get one to pop, and i haven't seen any. Have most of the Station science parts unlocked and nothing shows up. Not seeing anything in the output_log regarding station science.

I am using Contract Configurator and the Space station contract pack.. not sure if there is an incompatibility.

Any tips or pointers to fix it?

Second Edit: IGNORE all the above, i am an idiot. (and not afraid to leave my train of shame behind :P for folks to learn from)

I totally forgot i was playing with part unlock on this time (where you pay funds to unlock parts, and the station contract wouldn't pop till i actually purchased the experiment parts LOL)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

I totally forgot i was playing with part unlock on this time (where you pay funds to unlock parts, and the station contract wouldn't pop till i actually purchased the experiment parts LOL)

On reflection, I think it might be better if the contracts popped once the part is unlockable, if that is practical.

On reflection, I think it might be better if the contracts popped once the part is unlockable, if that is practical.

I would completly agree with them :P I wasnt paying to unlock em till i got a contract to use them.... not realizing i had to have them unlocked before the contract would generate! :P

For some reason I'm not getting contracts - is it because I've already been to duna before adding the mod therefore its not giving me any LKO ones - I want to add stuff to my station around kerbin but I dont want to waste money either

Hello guys, I'm just another Kerbal and Science Station mod enthusiast! I've been using this mod since the earlier versions, but didn't reached it's full potential, lost my save sometimes and etc... The thing is, now I updated to Station Science 1.5, I think I'm doing everything fine, I have a station in orbit around 75km ~ 85 km with Creature comforts, zoology bay, plant growth, pragrade kuarqs , thnkr science lab and mobile process lab, all crewed properly and generating the correct resources. I'm just unable to finalize it. Every experiment, I just had the deploy button and nothing happens when I try it. I got the same error as everyone gets, on debug, like "[Error]: [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id plantGrowth" but for all modules, that should have the finalize experiment button instead of the deploy. I don't use the Crowd Science Source mod, and I tried everything that I saw in this thread related to this problem, removed the scienceDef.cfg file from squad/resources, let the steam download it again, I use only a few mods becouse in my other career runs, I used so many and was a pain to keep all of then updated and working together very well...so I decided to keep using mods at minimum this time and this one was one of my preferred...but now I got this :(, any help is appreciated!

I use the following mods :

HotRockets_1.0.2_CorePack_Nazari

KSP-AVC-1.1.5.0

SCANsat-v12.0

StageRecovery-1.5.6

StationScience-1.5

Edited by Tekhnkmaster

Hi guys, first of all, excellent mod! I can't play without it anymore!

I'm getting an issue with cyclotron when trying to analyze the experiments, it seems to repeat them over and over.

However, it's still working fine if I ignore the latter ones.

th_MSSCyclotron1.jpg

Which log would be helpful?

I have a plant growth experiment around minmus. I have a single scientist in the stock processing lab and a ton of batteries and solar panels. Clicked Start Experiment and start processing in the lab - but nothing is happening - no eurekas or science being generated - how long would I expect it to take to increase or am I doing something wrong? On the contract I have a tick against (launch new experiment - plant growth)

Yes I am running 1.04 of KSP and V1.5 of StationScience

Edited by Pinchy

I have a plant growth experiment around minmus. I have a single scientist in the stock processing lab and a ton of batteries and solar panels. Clicked Start Experiment and start processing in the lab - but nothing is happening - no eurekas or science being generated - how long would I expect it to take to increase or am I doing something wrong? On the contract I have a tick against (launch new experiment - plant growth)

Yes I am running 1.04 of KSP and V1.5 of StationScience

You need Station Science's Lab instead of KSP stock Lab on you station. In few seconds, you will start to see a tiny amount of Eurekas being generated in the experiment.

Hi guys, first of all, excellent mod! I can't play without it anymore! I'm getting an issue with cyclotron when trying to analyze the experiments, it seems to repeat them over and over.However, it's still working fine if I ignore the latter ones.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l18/igorsouz/KSP/th_MSSCyclotron1.jpg

Which log would be helpful?

A quick question is do you have the For Science mod installed?

I have seen something similar but it was a conflict with my other mods rather just Station Science. If you do have this mod then trying switch it off temporarily (Click the too bar toggle to do this). Let us know if the duplication error is still there.

Edited by nobodyhasthis

A quick question is do you have the For Science mod installed?

I have seen something similar but it was a conflict with my other mods rather just Station Science. If you do have this mod then trying switch it off temporarily (Click the too bar toggle to do this). Let us know if the duplication error is still there.

I have "few" mods installed (52!) but Station Science is the only one that improves science points (besides the contract packs).

th_CkanMods.jpg

Having time, I will try to disable some using CKAN and will come back here if there is any news.

Here is my CKAN backup if someone wants to try it out:

"kind": "metapackage",
"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the default KSP instance",
"name": "installed-default",
"license": "unknown",
"version": "2015.07.09.12.47.46",
"identifier": "installed-default",
"spec_version": "v1.6",
"depends": [
{
"name": "AlternateResourcePanel",
"version": "2.7.2.0"
},
{
"name": "UKS",
"version": "0.31.4"
},
{
"name": "WaypointManager",
"version": "2.4.0"
},
{
"name": "DockingPortAlignmentIndicator",
"version": "6.2"
},
{
"name": "InfernalRobotics",
"version": "v0.21.2"
},
{
"name": "KerbalAlarmClock",
"version": "v3.4.0.0"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation",
"version": "2.2"
},
{
"name": "RemoteTech",
"version": "v1.6.7"
},
{
"name": "PlaneMode",
"version": "1.1.0"
},
{
"name": "RealChute",
"version": "1.3.2.3"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor",
"version": "1.2.2"
},
{
"name": "TACLS-Config-Stock",
"version": "v0.11.1.20"
},
{
"name": "Toolbar",
"version": "1.7.9"
},
{
"name": "KAS",
"version": "0.5.2"
},
{
"name": "ContractsWindowPlus",
"version": "5.2"
},
{
"name": "TACLS",
"version": "v0.11.1.20"
},
{
"name": "IR-Model-Rework-Core",
"version": "v01b"
},
{
"name": "IR-Model-Rework-Expansion",
"version": "v01b"
},
{
"name": "CriticalTemperatureGauge",
"version": "1.0.4-a"
},
{
"name": "USITools",
"version": "0.4.1"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech",
"version": "1.1.4"
},
{
"name": "KSP-AVC",
"version": "1.1.5.0"
},
{
"name": "Karbonite",
"version": "0.6.2"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator",
"version": "1.5.1"
},
{
"name": "TweakScale",
"version": "v2.2.1"
},
{
"name": "KIS",
"version": "1.1.5"
},
{
"name": "SpacetuxSA",
"version": "0.3.6"
},
{
"name": "FirespitterCore",
"version": "v7.1.4"
},
{
"name": "CapCom",
"version": "1.1"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-GrandTours",
"version": "1:0.1.7"
},
{
"name": "SCANsat",
"version": "v14.0"
},
{
"name": "BetterBuoyancy",
"version": "v1.3"
},
{
"name": "LightsOut",
"version": "0.1.4"
},
{
"name": "USI-EXP",
},
{
"name": "KarbonitePlus",
},
{
"name": "TextureReplacer",
"version": "2.4.7"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-Tourism",
"version": "1.1.5"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat",
"version": "v0.5.2.1"
},
{
"name": "ModuleManager",
"version": "2.6.6"
},
{
"name": "CommunityResourcePack",
"version": "0.4.3"
},
{
"name": "StationScience",
"version": "1.5"
},
{
"name": "EnhancedNavBall",
"version": "1.3.6.0"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-AdvancedProgression",
"version": "4.5"
},
{
"name": "ContractConfigurator-UnmannedContracts",
"version": "0.3.10"
},
{
"name": "CoherentContracts",
"version": "1.02"
},
{
"name": "USI-FTT",
},
{
"name": "ModuleRCSFX",
"version": "v4.1"
},
{
"name": "Trajectories",
"version": "v1.3.0a"
},
{
"name": "PortraitStats",
"version": "3.0"
},
{
"name": "TacFuelBalancer",
"version": "v2.5.1"
},
{
"name": "ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Basic",
"version": "5-0"
}
]
}
{

My save and the CKAN file are also here:

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iW-DQQkJ7kOTktbzVDTW9WZUk/view?usp=sharing

CKAN bck: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iW-DQQkJ7kMFRyMTgyelA0Z0U/view?usp=sharing

Small correction to my previous posts: the problem is with Spectrometron, not the Cyclotron as I said.

Interesting fact just checked:

if I freshly switch to the station and right click on the spectrometron, it will start to loop the available experiments. But if I click to start analysing one of them, the loop stops until I review the results.

th_Spect1.jpg th_Spect2.jpg

After I reviewed, it starts to loop again without refreshing the previous items. It stops the loop if I start another analysis (as before).

th_Spect3.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome mod. I've really been enjoying it the last few weeks. Just made a monster science station that's going to go to Minmus, then Duna, then finally Jool, all to complete contracts thanks to Contract Configurator and the Station Science pack.

HCZ3g3n.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.