[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

Just so let everyone know that I've been encountering a bug that a kuarq bio activity cannot finalize its result. By looking at the sfs file I found its root cause: I brought exact 30 kibbals to station, messed around resource transfer on kibbals a bit, and then eventually the experiment module has 29.9999999... bioproducts. In this case, the finalize button shows up, but after I click finalize, it resets back to "start experiment". I manually changed the sfs to whole integer 30 and it works normally.

You can't do these experiments while on atmosphere. So I guess it's just a definition problem, either in Station Science or xScience.

I recently discovered an incompatibility with this mod and ForScience. I noticed that I was getting Creature Comfort reports from the launch pad and thought that should not be. I was have an issue where I could not finalize Creature Comforts at my station, some sort of bug. After getting rid of ForScience, first try I was able to complete the experiment properly.

Apologies for the delay in answering you, Tekhnkmaster.

I'm not exactly sure what could be causing this. But to increase the chances of getting help, please post your full output_log.txt file here. Uploading your save file (persistent.sfs), craft file and/or screenshots might be of help a well.

Hey guys I'm having a problem with building a rocket using both the zoology bay and the thinker science lab. I can attach anything to the bottom of either. It's almost as if the connection point is upside down because I can attach things that can go inside of them to it but not things such as fuel tanks, decouplers, etc. Thanks!

Hey guys I'm having a problem with building a rocket using both the zoology bay and the thinker science lab. I can attach anything to the bottom of either. It's almost as if the connection point is upside down because I can attach things that can go inside of them to it but not things such as fuel tanks, decouplers, etc. Thanks!

Are you, perhaps, using an old version of the mod or of KSP? The orientation of bottom nodes changed between 0.90 and 1.0 and a mismatch would produce exactly this result.

Sorry I got a little busy with work. I'll try getting more done when I have some free time.

While trying not to put any pressure on you, I'd like to let you know that I'm eager to see the results as well. Can't wait to put some modules inside a shuttle and take them to space.

Just so let everyone know that I've been encountering a bug that a kuarq bio activity cannot finalize its result. By looking at the sfs file I found its root cause: I brought exact 30 kibbals to station, messed around resource transfer on kibbals a bit, and then eventually the experiment module has 29.9999999... bioproducts. In this case, the finalize button shows up, but after I click finalize, it resets back to "start experiment". I manually changed the sfs to whole integer 30 and it works normally.

I've just experienced a similar problem. I finalized the experiment, and everything seemed to be ok, but after undocking, it seems to delete everything, including the bio-products and the experiment completion. I haven't had a chance to check the .sfs files yet, but i'll have a look next time I bring the experiment up.

Hi guys !

This mod seems awesome ! but i have some troubles with it...

I am playing in 1.0.4(.861) in Career Mode, mod : 1.5 version from Curse. I have a pretty advanced Tech-tree so i got the Research Lab, the ZooLab, the Kibbal part, the Spectrometron and the Cyclotron. This is all i got from the mod in my tree. Now, up in space, i have a space station with the Research Lab, the Spectrometron and the Cyclotron (and a full kibbal tank). Those are not attach to one another directly but through docking ports (and the multi-point parts) with several parts in-between. There are two scientist (LVL 2 each one) in the Research Lab. My space station is in a circular orbit around Kerbin (Ap : 106k Pe: 107k). (i also have a Mobile Processing Lab working at a low rate on my space station, 2 other guys in it).

The problems :

- when i start researching in the lab, it says "Eurekas full" instantly, same with the quarks in the cyclotron but the spectrometron "says" : "Nothing to analyze"

- i have had no contracts coming from the mod

- i guess the "Science Lab" (in the mod's description) is the "TH-NKR Research Lab" ?

- even with a crewed Research Lab i can't do the Plant Growth experiment

ll"

- I can't choose the type of quarks i wan't to product

So, either i totaly didn't get how this works (possible!!) or there is problem the mod it self.

Hope u have a solution :)

thks

Evenfire

(if needed, i can bring a screenshot of my station)

Hey, Evenfire78. Welcome to the forums! Now, to your problems.

- Did you bring an experiment (plant growth, etc.) to your station? Eurekas/kuarqs/etc are only used in experiments you bring from Kerbin. If you don't have any, they can't put those materials anywhere. Also, the spectrometron purpose is solely to boost science results (surface sample, temperature scan, etc.) and transmit them back to Kerbin at 90% of their full value.

- I don't know how can I help with this one.

- That is correct.

- What exact error do you get? Did you remember to start eurekas production in the Research Lab, as the plant growth experiment begins? If so, a log would be helpful (\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\output_log.txt)

- Despite the different kuarq experiments (prograde, retrograde, eccentric, etc.), there's only one type of kuarq.

I guess you didn't get how this mod works. ;) Not that it's super simple. It is kinda complex, for sure. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty straight forward.

Edited by Kowgan

Thanks for that quick reply Kowgan !

Okay... I see the problem... i was using the mod a wrong way. I saw in severals videos that I had to bring experiments on my space station (as u've just said) but since I cant find them anywhere in my tech-tree, i thought that the mod had changed and I tried without... (even if the parts are in the mod folder ! don't know why i did that :P)

I have been looking everywhere for those experiments but i can't find them...

Otherwise the mod seems pretty simple !

Does someone has an idea to fix this and/or why this problem occurred ?

thanks!

Edited by Evenfire78
missing words

The experiments are in the following tech tree nodes:

Plant Growth: Advanced Exploration

Prograde Kuarqs: High-Power Electrics

Retrograde Kuarqs: High-Power Electrics

Eccentric Kuarqs: Specialized Electrics

Creature Comforts: Science Tech

Kuarq bio-activity: Advanced Science Tech

They are all near the bottom of the tech tree, through the science-related nodes.

Am I missing something?

This is my second (and third, technically - two experiments on one ship) run of Creature Comforts in LKO. First time went off fine.

Now, when I click 'Finalize Results', I get zero science.

http://i.imgur.com/Y02vYkF.png

http://i.imgur.com/XKXUeVr.png

Am I missing a step?

This is working as intended. Repeating the same experiment in the same place doesn't give more Science; you get it all the first time. You get a little Science from Contracts for repeats, but not from the experiment itself.

Hi Ethernet and all... This mod looks really interesting to me, especially with the now completely broken stock MPL. :huh: But I had a couple questions about how the mod is supposed to work/flow of the inputs.

Required:

1) Lots of power :)

2) Science Lab --> Eurekas

2 other basic components:

1) Zoology Bay (w/kibbal container) --> Bioproducts

2) Cyclotron --> kuarqs

These 3 base "materials", kuarqs, bioproducts, and eurekas are used by the other modules... (e.g. kuarqs + eurekas + prograde\retorgrade kuarqs experiments --> science)

If I'm misunderstanding any of the above please let me know...

Now my questions:

1) I can run the experiment from each module once and get science from it?

2) I can also get more science from a module even if it has been already run once if requested through a contract?

3) This is the part I'm not sure about, are the experiment modules essentially meant to be returned to kerbal?

4) Is the science limited to once per module or once per experiment? If I bring down one prograde kuarq experiment back to kerbal, and bring up a new prograde kuarq module and dock it, then can I get science again from the new module?

5) Is the Spectrometron limited to one use per different type of soil sample or can I run it more than once per sample type? Like, can I bring it 4 samples in a row from the shores of kerbal and get repeated science from them?

5a) If it is limited to once per soil type, does that apply globally or only as to that Spectrometron?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.