[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

Is this mid compatible with 1.0.5 out of the box?

You should give it a try and post your results. You'd actually be doing the modding community a favor.

That said. This mods current version works on 1.0.4, if the devs of this mod are still active then you just have to give them some time to update if needed.

Edited by Phreak

I'm having an issue where none of the experiments from this mod will load, but the other parts (Spectrometron, etc) do. Has anyone encountered this before? I've reinstalled the mod, reinstalled other mods which I thought were pertinent (Community Tech Tree, Ven's Stock Revamp, KAS & KIS) but to no avail... I do love this mod and I'd very much like to see it returned to full glory!

I also made a quick test on 1.0.5
Started a new Science gamemode, and cheated a few points in to unlock tree.

All seem to work fine. Experiments provide sci points, contracts are up for grabs, no log errors, etc etc. Also its working when not in focus.

The actual points that you get for the experiments, seem a bit on the high side, but still, since it needs some work to get it done, i think its ok.

I hope ethernet comes back and does more with this mod, as it feels very good having to get the experiments up/down, resupply kibbal to a station etc.

@OneFourteen: Theres no other mod dependencies, so basically it should work out of the box. Maybe you got a mod conflict going on? Or didnt researched the parts?

I wonder; (By that I mean, i'll try it when I get a chance.) Is it possible to mount/unmount the experiment modules using KIS and store them in an appropriately sized container? My old method used tantares with a experiment module mounted between the decent module and the service module, with a heat shield slapped on the bottom. Two current problems with this that worry me is that the reentry/landing in the new regime may be... entertaining, with this configuration. The other, using Kerbal Construction Time, it can get a bit crazy to keep "changing" the design of a proven launch vehicle, time wise.

Has anyone tried the KIS thing? I will when I get a chance and report back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2015, 6:08:18, komodo said:

Has anyone tried the KIS thing? I will when I get a chance and report back.

I second this. It would be great to allow the modules to be able work with KIS containers in some way. Not sure how, but perhaps if the experments were smaller and could be stored in a container, or wedge from Universal storage. Still have to bring it back, but more accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bug report. I've got a WIT Spectrometron on my station, and when I right clicked on it, it slowly started adding the one experiment I had on board over and over, until it was on there 8 times. After I transmitted it, the other buttons remained in the WIT's menu. I processed the result in the THNKR lab first, if that matters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2015 at 0:33 PM, OneFourteen said:

I'm having an issue where none of the experiments from this mod will load, but the other parts (Spectrometron, etc) do. Has anyone encountered this before? I've reinstalled the mod, reinstalled other mods which I thought were pertinent (Community Tech Tree, Ven's Stock Revamp, KAS & KIS) but to no avail... I do love this mod and I'd very much like to see it returned to full glory!

I'm having the same issue. The experiments don't even show on the Tech Tree.

On 11/11/2015 at 1:37 PM, Phreak said:

You should give it a try and post your results. You'd actually be doing the modding community a favor.

That said. This mods current version works on 1.0.4, if the devs of this mod are still active then you just have to give them some time to update if needed.

I've been running with 1.0.5 since the update came out.  Station Science has only presented one glitch that I've found (did not have the problem others had with deleted experiments). 

I no longer get new contracts.  All the old contracts stay, just no new ones.  I remove the mod, boom new contracts.  I can then reinstall it and keep the new contracts, just no long get new, new ones.  Only problem with this method is it deletes all my craft carrying Station Science, which is almost everything.

Seems like a small fix, I'm trying to run it down myself but I'm surely no developer so may not be successful.

Edit: I have other mods in play, but I did a complete scrub one by one to determine it was in fact Station Science and not something else or a dual conflict.

Edit2: Sorry for the double edit, just discovered new info, can open the cheat menu (alt-f12) and add new contracts that way.  Source of error must be in the random generator.

Edited by waltgrove
Add clarifying info

• 3 weeks later...

This mod was honestly one of my favourites, for the fact that it keeps you interested in your stations! Its like, i need more science, i'm going to continue to build my station up, keep rendezvousing with it to drop off and pick up more experiments, it was brilliant! 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jbakes said:

I wish the lab would fit into mk3 bays :( My spaceplane is useless now :(

Try tweakscale for creation of bigger cargo bays. I would like to be able to fit science parts in S3 wide cargo bay from B9 Aerospace mod though. It need to be just tinny bit smaller so it can fit in without tweakscale.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2015 at 2:33 PM, OneFourteen said:

On 31/12/2015 at 9:18 PM, VaPaL said:

I'm having the same issue. The experiments don't even show on the Tech Tree.

I have came across the same problem today....after spending the last few days on building a space station :o

Good news is that I have found a solution!

It only works if you have this message(for every not working part/experiment) in the debug screen (alt+F12) just after starting the game:

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment1/model' as model does not exist

The problem is that the mod in version 1.5 has a different folder structure (below):

StationScience-1.5/StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment1/model

Option 1 - You might fix it by moving all the folders from 'StationScience-1.5' directly into 'GameData', but I have not tried it, as other parts are working fine for me and I didn't want to break anything else (but feel free to backup your saves and give it a go :))

Option 2 - What I have done is amend the file path in every part.cfg file for all the parts that KSP could not load(find).

Which are: StnSciExperiment1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and also StnSciKib.

On the top of that the textures for StnSciExperiment3 could not load because of a typo somewhere in the file path (in the part.cfg file). I've just copied the path from the Windows window and everything loads fine.

I have not tested the contracts (I haven't seen any yet), but I think they are bounded to unlocking the experiments, so hopefully they will start showing up now.

If option 1 is not working and you are not happy with amending the folder paths in the config files you can download my (amended) files below. It is a 7-zipped 'Parts' folder only, so overwrite yours and you should be flying :) (I have amended 7 files in total)  Remember to create backups before changing anything in your game folder!

https://www.mediafire.com/?qn5a0m1ad5m5kxm

Edited by AcidDotCom
typos

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 2:30 PM, AcidDotCom said:

I have came across the same problem today....after spending the last few days on building a space station :o

Good news is that I have found a solution!

It only works if you have this message(for every not working part/experiment) in the debug screen (alt+F12) just after starting the game:

The problem is that the mod in version 1.5 has a different folder structure (below):

Option 1 - You might fix it by moving all the folders from 'StationScience-1.5' directly into 'GameData', but I have not tried it, as other parts are working fine for me and I didn't want to break anything else (but feel free to backup your saves and give it a go :))

Option 2 - What I have done is amend the file path in every part.cfg file for all the parts that KSP could not load(find).

Which are: StnSciExperiment1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and also StnSciKib.

On the top of that the textures for StnSciExperiment3 could not load because of a typo somewhere in the file path (in the part.cfg file). I've just copied the path from the Windows window and everything loads fine.

I have not tested the contracts (I haven't seen any yet), but I think they are bounded to unlocking the experiments, so hopefully they will start showing up now.

If option 1 is not working and you are not happy with amending the folder paths in the config files you can download my (amended) files below. It is a 7-zipped 'Parts' folder only, so overwrite yours and you should be flying :) (I have amended 7 files in total)  Remember to create backups before changing anything in your game folder!

https://www.mediafire.com/?qn5a0m1ad5m5kxm

You didn't install the mod correctly. You need to open zip file and extract the StationScience folder into the KSP GameData folder. The simple solution here is to open the folder .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/StationScience-1.5 and copy the folder StatationScience. Then open your .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData folder and paste it. You can then delete the .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/StationScience-1.5 folder, move the read.me file if you want to keep a copy of it. When installed correctly this mod works perfecly fine with 1.0.5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2016 at 6:09 AM, Nicholiathan said:

You didn't install the mod correctly. You need to open zip file and extract the StationScience folder into the KSP GameData folder. The simple solution here is to open the folder .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/StationScience-1.5 and copy the folder StatationScience. Then open your .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData folder and paste it. You can then delete the .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/StationScience-1.5 folder, move the read.me file if you want to keep a copy of it. When installed correctly this mod works perfecly fine with 1.0.5.

Ok, I installed correctly and now everything loads properly with the exception of the Research Lab. It has no texture and an apparent glow (not sure if it's really glowing or if it's an impression due to the lack of texture). Don't know why.

EDIT: Nevermind, reloaded the game and it's ok now.

Edited by VaPaL

@Cornholio Nice station.  I love the big ones.  Here's one I did with station science back in (I think) 1.02.  It was launched in two pieces which were sent up with incredibly inefficient launch profiles due to aerodynamic issues, then docked in orbit.  Ended up being 700 tons, and also used some parts from SpaceY, Fuel Tanks Plus, and Stockalike Station Parts Expansion.

HCZ3g3n.png

Edited by Norcalplanner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.