[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

Yes. There is a minimum crew requirement. If I recall correctly the lab can fit four but needs at least three to function.

Right click the lab to see the details.

I noticed this, it says that is understaffed right now, I was not sure if it required 3 kerbals to be in the lab or if it would just generate slowly, I'll get 2 more in there and see if that fixes things.

the contract launch new experiment: plant growth doesn't seem to work flawlessly for me. the contract parameters are getting messed up especially when switching crafts/going to space center. Not sure about other contracts, anyone having difficulties?

Edited by lyndonguitar

No, all Station Science labs are either on or off. Adding extra crew will not increase productivity.

This being said I think this is not how things SHOULD work. With the new crew experience and classes in 0.90 it would make a lot more sense the labs would actually bases productivity on Kerbal XP.

For example:

- Craft orientation just like the stock game based on pilot abilities.

- Cyclotron efficiency based on engineering skill. A single lvl3 engineer should be able to get maximum efficiency out of a pair of cyclotrons. A lvl2 should only be able to get max efficiency out of one.

- A minimum number of Kerbals should be in a lab before it produces anything no matter their class. But the sum of scientist XP could be used to determine to amount of eurekas it produces.

I apologize for not grabbing a screenshot, but I think I got hit by a Kraken from your mod. If loading from a quicksave, or switching from one craft to another via the tracking station - my creature comforts and plant growth station will spin out of control and destroy itself. I opened the debug and got about 20 this:

No experiment definition found with id creaturecomforts.

Craft had one science lab and a zoology bay. Even before the Kraken hit, I clicked the plant growth and creature comfort module and clicked Deploy and nothing happened.

Again I wish I grabbed a screenshot, but I unfortunately had to uninstall your mod. I'll report back if I get this error again with another mod.

Thanks for your hard work, wish I could use it!

Sounds like you have a conflict with another mod. Certain mods mess with the experiment definitions badly, and screw them up for any mod alphabetically after Squad. If you post your KSP.log, I may be able to see which one is the likely culprit.

the contract launch new experiment: plant growth doesn't seem to work flawlessly for me. the contract parameters are getting messed up especially when switching crafts/going to space center. Not sure about other contracts, anyone having difficulties?

I have the parameters only apply to the currently selected vessel, so that it's apparent whether the current vessel is correctly on track for completing the contract. In the Space Center, or elsewhere, they should be cleared.

Is that inconsistent with your observations?

No, all Station Science labs are either on or off. Adding extra crew will not increase productivity.

This being said I think this is not how things SHOULD work. With the new crew experience and classes in 0.90 it would make a lot more sense the labs would actually bases productivity on Kerbal XP.

For example:

- Craft orientation just like the stock game based on pilot abilities.

- Cyclotron efficiency based on engineering skill. A single lvl3 engineer should be able to get maximum efficiency out of a pair of cyclotrons. A lvl2 should only be able to get max efficiency out of one.

- A minimum number of Kerbals should be in a lab before it produces anything no matter their class. But the sum of scientist XP could be used to determine to amount of eurekas it produces.

Craft orientation is tangential to this mod. It should work as always, since the parts are command pods. They just don't have reaction wheels.

Scientists already boost lab production. It just takes the highest level, as in the stock game. Engineers for the Cyclotron is a good idea. Currently, there's no way to boost them.

This question most likely has been answered but I couldn't find the answer to it in the first few pages of this thread. Does the plant growth module grow food as a resource for TAC Life support? I have had the mod installed for a while but have yet to have the chance to try any of the specialized modules in orbit. I do like the contracts the mod provides though along with the parts.

This question most likely has been answered but I couldn't find the answer to it in the first few pages of this thread. Does the plant growth module grow food as a resource for TAC Life support? I have had the mod installed for a while but have yet to have the chance to try any of the specialized modules in orbit. I do like the contracts the mod provides though along with the parts.

I... Don't think so. Although this would be a pretty neat addition to the mod. *wink wink*

I... Don't think so. Although this would be a pretty neat addition to the mod. *wink wink*

Yeah I read through the part config on the experiment and there isn't one. A while ago I had downloaded a mod that added a simple plant growth part that was TAC compatible and grew food for TAC. I was able to write a code for a config file from it. I claim no credit for it as it is mostly the same thing just re written.

So I've encountered an interesting problem. I recently upgraded my game and version of Station Science to the newest versions. Unfortunately when my plant growth experiment is finished I don't get the option to finalize the results. All I get is the option to deploy, which if I click results in nothing happening. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks!

So I've encountered an interesting problem. I recently upgraded my game and version of Station Science to the newest versions. Unfortunately when my plant growth experiment is finished I don't get the option to finalize the results. All I get is the option to deploy, which if I click results in nothing happening. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks!

This is a conflict with Crowd Sourced Science - the way it's been made breaks other mods that add science experiments. The fix is to delete the stock ScienceDefs.cfg file (found in GameData\Squad\Resources).

I am getting a bug where I am unable to detach from the station after undocking. This doesn't happen if the ship was part of the station at launch, but it does happen if I dock a ship to the station after it is already in orbit.

Time warp will force the station and ship to separate, but as soon as time warp is disabled, the station and ship will shoot at each other and make them bother explode.

I am getting a bug where I am unable to detach from the station after undocking. This doesn't happen if the ship was part of the station at launch, but it does happen if I dock a ship to the station after it is already in orbit.

Time warp will force the station and ship to separate, but as soon as time warp is disabled, the station and ship will shoot at each other and make them bother explode.

Are there any errors in your log?

Why do the descriptions of the new modules say "do not directly attach to station" in the description? Does that mean attach with docking ports or what? I thought you don't bring the entire modules down to collect the science but only some bays or something, from what I've read? I have the mod but didn't try anything out myself (too early in career).

Why do the descriptions of the new modules say "do not directly attach to station" in the description? Does that mean attach with docking ports or what? I thought you don't bring the entire modules down to collect the science but only some bays or something, from what I've read? I have the mod but didn't try anything out myself (too early in career).

If you mean the experiment bays, it's a suggestion, so you can bring those back to Kerbin for contract completion. Also, each experiment bay can be ran only once, so if you permanently attach it to your station, it will be a dead weight once that experiment is complete.

Just for the future if you plan on making any other parts, could you make slimmer labs? Don't get me wrong I love the parts but I think they are currently good for the middle to early of the tech tree like early space stations but the labs currently look like designs from the late 70's/early 80's. Believe me they do look wonderful and I have been using station science for a long time now!! I just really wish now they were more streamline so when I put them on top of a rocket it just doesn't look right. Anyway its just fruit for thought. I love this mod and as I said you arent going to lose me as a user just looking towards the future.

You can always put them in the middle :)

Only got 2.5m parts, so I'll have an orange tank (plus a bit) with a mainsail underneath, plus boosters, pushing for about 2500-3000 delta-v. On top of the lab, a 2.5m double-grey tank (can't remember the names :P) with some girders sticking out and engines so that it can kick off the bottom of the rocket, then pull the part the rest of the way to orbit. Weird as it sounds, the boosters and the tug at the top tend to balance out visually, and you get a decently chunky looking mid section that is the station part itself ^^

It does look kinda silly with normal size docking ports pressed against Rockomax decouplers though xD

@SmashBrown: Looks like SpeedyB is working on some stock-alike textures, but nothing is promised. Everything is hoped, though. :)

@Distus: Welcome to the Forums. :)

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any incompatibility. If you provide us the output_log, and maybe your modlist, it'll be easier to tell what's causing the crash.

Would you be interested in some more stock-alike parts?

I've been working on an improved set, keeping to the dimensions of the original parts.

http://i.imgur.com/eaY9NpD.jpg

How is this coming along, i'm very much interested in it. Would you be able to provide a bat file to stop it loading the old parts as well? (similar to how ven's mod does it)

- - - Updated - - -

@SmashBrown: Looks like SpeedyB is working on some stock-alike textures, but nothing is promised. Everything is hoped, though. :)

@Distus: Welcome to the Forums. :)

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any incompatibility. If you provide us the output_log, and maybe your modlist, it'll be easier to tell what's causing the crash.

Thank you! Hope are high :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.