How can I make Kerbal sounds?

TYRT

Why does KSP look so beautiful on everyone else's machines? Is there a mod I'm missing or something?

He is using a mod to get these awesome shots. I think it's called Kerbcam or something like this.

And obviously he edits the video afterwards.

PS.: Even on lowest settings you can get awesome shots in KSP. You only need the right angle and moment.

Or you can record yourself speaking in spanish. then play it backwards at a higher pitch.

Contrary to the popular myth, Kerbal sounds aren't reverse and higher pitched Spanish. I've personally checked most of Squad's videos and the voices are gibberish. The syllables seem to be scrambled. Simply reverting and increasing pitch results in different, nervous, artificial sound, whereas Kerbals in trailers speak more softly.

Why does KSP look so beautiful on everyone else's machines? Is there a mod I'm missing or something?

I have a GTS 250, 24 GB of Ram, and an Intel i7... I should be able to CRUSH this.

I have a rather poor computer, but it can make quite fantastic images in KSP. When I want that, I increase the details and capture few screenshots at shamefully low framerates (<1, very painful), and then I return the details to medium or medium-low and continue at a bit less than 24 fps, depending on what's on the screen.

Edited by lajoswinkler

Contrary to the popular myth, Kerbal sounds aren't reverse and higher pitched Spanish.

If I remember right, the process is to take the words in Spanish, reverse the letters within the word, and then pronounce THAT as if it followed English rules (not shifting the h/j/y/ll sounds like Spanish would, and so on). So it's not quite the same as just reversing a recording of Spanish.

Of course, the written text in-game is all in English anyway.

I would recommend checking out some of the maker's other videos; some of the recent ones have actually made me cry. They're all done in game.

Yeah, I did before I posted that. I'm not one to get emotional, but Starstuff did bring a tear. If it weren't for playing stock only, I'd love to get some of the parts from those videos.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.